Madoka Magica

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Madoka Magica

Post by ainsoph9 »

Heat is a form of energy. It is only in relatively recent years that humans have been able to recover heat in manufacturing processes through different thermodynamic cycles. However, in natural processes, this is impossible without another force to cause the heat to become something more "useful." For example, the sun is always giving off energy through the light and heat it gives off. Yet, much of that comes from subatomic particles in the sun that travel through space. Those particles cannot go back to the sun once emitted. So, the sun is slowly losing mass over time as a result of the energy being transmitted through space. This energy cannot be recovered naturally or by human means.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ How does that relates to the sun becoming an red giant and engulfing our planet in the future?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

That is not the point. The sun is just an example of a reaction that gives off heat. It is not so much important that the sun will become a red giant for the example to work. Rather, the focus is on the heat that cannot be recovered as a result of the reaction. On the energy side of thermodynamics, I could not care less about the mass and mass flow parts of the equations in a sense. I am more interested in how the heat and energy flow changes over time, which, in the universe, is of potential interest. As such, an increase in heat could have an impact on the universe. Likewise, I would want to know if we are going to all die a horrible death by being slowly roasted in a huge microwave.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ you mention we are recycling heat, how?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

You mean humans, right? There is a process called co-generation that is used in an increasing number of factories and power generation plants. Basically, the heat produced from the original combustion or steam process is recycled within the process to reheat steam to superheated steam to increase the efficiency of the process. The rest of the heat is then either stored or is sent to other places where the heat is needed. Mechanical engineers use different cycles such as the Rankine and Brayton cycles to increase the efficiency of the processes and reduce costs. However, this "recycling" process of heat is not totally recycling the heat, just using it to its full potential so that it does not go to complete waste.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

so how much is this a concern for you? do you really worry that we are going to be cook under a mircowave or does it matter? Or you believe you will live long enough to see it happen? What is that thing called, um is like gamma rays or something. Basically really fast gamma rays that can wipe out planets and life on it under a second that we wouldn't feel it. I kind of more concern about that but then again too fast to react to it to know.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It is not a concern to me at all. I have a reason, but it is purely theological. Anyhow, what does it matter? If we die, we die. All that matters is what we do before we die. Again, be the best person you can personally possibly become.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

yippe is back! now just have to wait for subs!

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

The irony will be if the wait will make the series worse than originally planned. :(
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ Well the earthquake gave them an excuse to make the animation better. Also the last time anime didn't go as planned was Code Geass R2: The train wreck.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It could have been worse. It was just messed up.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

madoka or code geass?

baka baka baka
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

This newly leaked draft opens another floodgate of speculations...

ほむらが「悪役に見えるように」?
マジュウの「直線的 規則性 収縮する 男性的な力」?
「ぐねぐねになった世界」?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

b0mb3r wrote:madoka or code geass?
Code Geass.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

A very well made doujin on the miserable life of Charlotte with amazing voice-acting. I almost cried (T-T) . Highly recommended to anyone who has finished the series.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14235625
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr

Return to “Animes”