2006 season

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: 2006 season

Post by ainsoph9 »

That is too bad. I really enjoy the series.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Binchō-tan was one of the most adorable things I've ever watched

I remember really liking Nana until the subs got too slow
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Bincho-tan?
Anyways, I think that 2006 is better compared to this year.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ainsoph9 wrote:That is too bad. I really enjoy the series.
If u mean Rozen Maidens, you would be damn pissed to see the ending for 1(manga), and the way the continuation started for 2... Kinda like "WTF IS THIS!?!?" in both.
Spoiler! :
Ending for Rozen Maiden 1 the manga series was in the middle of the climax of the battle, where a few rozen maidens lost, the protagonist lost his bond with his rozen maiden, because she gave up the pact. She herself on the other hand being caught by the enemy, in dire situations.

The beginning of 2 starts with parallel world theory, saying if the protagonist refused at first, and did not get the doll when he was young, and yet at the second chance, he has to save the dolls somehow.
P.S. I agree, 2006 is better than recent years, coz recent years is all fanservice and sux badly
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

What ruined Rozen Maiden in S2 was
Spoiler! :
the damn 'supposed' 7th doll. I mean, WTH was that? Major fillier?
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

You mean Traumend?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Yeah. The one with the B-girl eyepatched.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:What ruined Rozen Maiden in S2 was
Spoiler! :
the damn 'supposed' 7th doll. I mean, WTH was that? Major fillier?
Spoiler! :
If you mean the fake one, yes. But the 7th doll did exist in the actual story. Each of the doll represented a perfect part of a "perfect doll", thus when they collect all the shards, they are supposedly perfected. In the 7th doll, she was meant to be "a doll that cannot exist in reality", as the maker has decided that it is impossible for a doll to exist and be perfect at the same time, thus she is merely a doll of the mirror realm. She drags other dolls into the mirror realm and tries to get the pieces.

If I recall, the anime adaptation changed it, just as Suigintou was made into trash(P.S. MY FAV IS SUIGINTOU), so i was quite pissed. So the anime adaptation, though rather well done in parts, was a failure to me. SUIGINTOU IS A GOOD GIRL/DOLL!! READ THE MANGA!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

explain to me why this show/manga is good?

baka baka baka
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Spoiler! :
If I recall, the anime adaptation changed it, just as Suigintou was made into trash(P.S. MY FAV IS SUIGINTOU), so i was quite pissed. So the anime adaptation, though rather well done in parts, was a failure to me. SUIGINTOU IS A GOOD GIRL/DOLL!! READ THE MANGA!!
I remember that well. And I think that they didn't show Suigintou's good side at all. However, I think that side of her's appeared later in the manga.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

b0mb3r wrote:explain to me why this show/manga is good?
*Note: some details may be remembered wrongly*

Rozen Maiden is a story about a master doll maker, hoping to create the perfect doll. He then created different versions of this "perfect doll", yet none was able to satisfy his perfection. Eventually 7 were made, and they were made to hunt each other down, in a belief/game that says that when one of the dolls get all 7 parts, she would then be the perfect doll, and be granted access to meet their maker/father. (Though they are dolls, they can move and talk like little girls)

The protagonist is a closed-off kid, a boy good at sewing, and is not exactly getting along with people. He stays home whole day, and addresses his needs with online ordering. One day, he receives a question, whether to accept or not. Unable to understand really, he accepted, and receives one of the 7 dolls, the mature Shinku. He is eventually dragged into this "game" of theirs.

Later on, he came to meet with all the different dolls. Each of them are cute and has a clear personality. Ichigo who is cute, a pair of twins, one of which is a bully(sorta), the other rather submissive, Suigintou(in the manga) is cool yet kind, etc.

He is unable to bring himself to truly go through the game that brings about the end of the dolls' lives. And thus they live a rather peaceful life altogether, until the horrors of the game comes about...

The best part about the story is the personalities of each of the dolls. The dolls are, indeed, "perfect dolls/girls" in their own sense, so you would likely like one if not more of them. Their actions are simple and childish, bringing you laughs, just as if they are your daughters. Fostering of bonds, how lives change with such bonds, the story brings about much depth despite its comical and interesting atmosphere. (In the manga,) when the true game began, when a Rozen Maiden lost, and is never to awaken again, your heart might literally shatter, as they have already captured your hearts. This however, is not quite possible due to the "good/bad guy" setting in the anime, and the lack of time to make you truly fall in love with all of them. You would probably have hoped that the game can never begin, nor end, yet reality has always been cruel. Just as you might always wonder how the 7th doll would be like, you would be traumatized by her very actions. Its a great mix and blend if you ask me.
kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Spoiler! :
I remember that well. And I think that they didn't show Suigintou's good side at all. However, I think that side of her's appeared later in the manga.
Even so, Suigintou seems like a total crap/nutcase in the anime!! Shes mature and clever, and kind!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Think of Suigintou as a bipolar character. Or cold-yet-cute character. Sometimes, she is in Rena's state, but other times...she's...cute.

Just don't get in a fight with her. :lol:
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Personally, my favorite character was Suiseiseki, despite the fact that she could act like a brat. The staircase episode was perhaps the funniest one, and it was probably the one that won me over for liking her character.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

You mean perfect-tsundere Suiseki?
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

She does have some of that in her, does she not? I see her more as mischievous than anything though.

Return to “Animes”