Monster Tales? - Bakemonogatari

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Monster Tales? - Bakemonogatari

Post by b0mb3r »

onizuka-gto wrote: But yes, cool-tsundere banzai! :)
i am still confused if she still fit in the term tsundere. does she? my image of tsundere are females who over-react to male protagonist's action but secretly likes him.

baka baka baka
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Yeah, I don't think she's really Tsundere anymore.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Beware the talking cat wrote:Yeah, I don't think she's really Tsundere anymore.
Spoiler! :
i think what Koyomi said at the end means that Senjōgahara has her own original archetype

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

This is just me being silly, but I think that I smell a new anime stereotype after Senjougahara. If I had to come up with a new term in Japanese, maybe "hikokujouren" would work? I am unsure if this is an actual word or term; however, if you use the kanji for the "hi" in "himitsu" (secret), the kanji for "koku" in "zankoku" (mean, cruel), the kanji for "jou" in "o-jou-sama" (lady), and the kanji for "ren" (love), maybe you could get this "invention of a word" to work out somehow. :? Literally, I think you could translate it as "secret cruel lady lover," but I am probably way off base here.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

1. I hate those fast text passages at the beginning of the episodes... I nearly always miss something even with stop, rewind and go and I hate that!

2. So could Hanekawa really see the little girl, too? I wonder why Araragi didnt found that strange after Senjōgahara said she couldnt see the little girl...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ainsoph9 wrote:This is just me being silly, but I think that I smell a new anime stereotype after Senjougahara. If I had to come up with a new term in Japanese, maybe "hikokujouren" would work? I am unsure if this is an actual word or term; however, if you use the kanji for the "hi" in "himitsu" (secret), the kanji for "koku" in "zankoku" (mean, cruel), the kanji for "jou" in "o-jou-sama" (lady), and the kanji for "ren" (love), maybe you could get this "invention of a word" to work out somehow. :? Literally, I think you could translate it as "secret cruel lady lover," but I am probably way off base here.
I suppose she's a yandere instead. Episode 6 proves much of this quality. But some people might think otherwise.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

wow i got to say holy sh*t:
Spoiler! :

REPEAT:

lol just when i thought we not gonna see some action scene this comes along. i still say Hitagi can poke my eye out as long i got wolevrine regeneration ability and be with her

baka baka baka
DuskL
Astral Realm

Post by DuskL »

Assassin wrote: I suppose she's a yandere instead. Episode 6 proves much of this quality. But some people might think otherwise.
I don't really like yanderes but if she was one I think I would make an exception. :D
ore wa ecchi
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ore wa ecchi »

the story is so wierd and the characters are weird for me too... hahha well its my first time watching something like this... full of talk and nothing every happens..

btw... can i request a gif avvi or siggy of the time when araragi was kicked by hachikuji i think it was on episode 3 or 4... i really liked his cartoon-life face... made me rofl
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Nothing about this anime made sense, and the constant repetition of the method of storytelling got really old.

My two cents.
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Yeah I got rather irritated by all the nonsensical ef-wannabe flashing scenes too (at least the ones in ef looked nice and arty)

That said, episode 12 was one of the best anime episodes I've watched in a long while o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Rofl at your contradictory findings, I like the series.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

It was probably the best or second best of the season--though that may just have been a function of a mediocre season.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
wow TV finale blew me away. hitagi made me uncomfortable alot in this episode, especially the way she force and teases koyomi. she reminds me that one episode in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air where Will dated a woman who only wanted to look at her. not the waitress, her. hitagi's father has to reinforce koyomi not to leave her feeling a bit unnecessary baggage of responsibility and guilt. i felt tense like koyomi the whole way until she brought him to see the stars. at that green blanket i feel the sincerity of hitagi's words toward koyomi, with its nice piano piece and one of my favorite ed to end it all.

i find it strange that i felt like koyomi the whole time and it helps me that i can say i like hitagi again. now when i think back about this episode i felt exactly what hitagi said earlier that if her past wasn't unfortunate she couldn't have met koyomi. so i felt the 1st half bumpy and unfortunate for me but i never will regret it meeting such a unquie character.

ps. little personal and a bit confession.

i think i am a Ephebophilie (basically a pedophile aim towards girls between 14-19, which i am 19 myself so does that make me a pedophile?)

i blame my attraction to Nadeko Sengoku's moe and all the cute high school girls who cosplay on comic-con sunday. (best day for girls to cosplay) the next best thing is that alot of those girls that day are doing the "FREE HUGS!" so you can imagine how many girls i hug and lifted up. i think i am attract to girls younger than me now......than again i like older women too (just 4 years most at least)

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”