New Anime News/Info/Opinion

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

http://blog.seiha.org/?p=289

The list for the fall season shows (and also where I get my StrikerS and Mushiuta summaries.)
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

18-22 for StrikerS finally got subbed. It made me so happy.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Re: New Anime News/Info/Opinion

Post by ben1234 »

Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Soul Eater and Mask of the Maid Guy for me, you need to be one hell of a man to make a maid costume manly
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Ghaaa. First I have to finish watching this season's shows.
I need a time control mechanism.

In other news:
NEW SEASON OF XXXHOLiC!!!
Administrator
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

No kidding on finishing a season. I still am catching up to seasons from a few years ago because I was an idiot and decided not to watch a good series. Nice one, me! However, I will not miss the new season of Code Geass!
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

The great thing about the summer season: You know there'll be good stuff to watch in 4 months (The Fall '08 list).

Too lazy/not bored enough again to make a real list with my opinion... maybe next time.
Last edited by ben1234 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Ghaaaaa.

Too many shows I want to see.
I counted like 7 definitelies and 10ish maybes.

On another note should I read toradora first, or watch it first?
Administrator
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Read the novel ofcourse,it rocks!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

This season is so unfair! I want to watch almost all of them, but I have no time at all. Suck! Grr!!!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol...you should save them til next summer to watch then, because we all know how it's going to turn out :)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Saw the list of new anime on the other thread... Rosario + Vampire Capu? Thats a season 2? That girl in the banner for that webby looks new to me... I only read the manga, so makes me wonder, where did season 1 end? and is season 2 going with the storyline of the manga season 2?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Yay for winter and being snowed in!
Spoiler! :
Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th
Summary: More adventures of very very very good "friends" in an all girls Catholic school.

Thoughts: And I thought Gunslinger Girls was boring...

Akikan!
Summary: Soda can turns into a girl, funny stuff happens.

Thoughts: First episode got an early broadcast and is already subbed. Go watch.

White Album
Summary: Yuki is a rising pop idol star, but as her schedule and commitments begin to dominate her life, her boyfriend starts to become closer to other women. One in particular is Rina, Yuki’s idol coworker and biggest rival.

Thoughts: A romance/drama by Seven Arcs, watch if you dare.

Maria†Holic
Summary: Kanako is literally allergic to men, so she transfers to a girl’s school to find her one true love. On her first day, she meets the beautiful granddaughter of the principal, but soon learns that she’s really a guy in disguise. He quickly blackmails Kanako into keeping his secret and makes her attempt at an escape from men into a new kind of living hell.

Thoughts: It's SHAFT... with traps... that isn't Jun...

Minami-ke: Welcome Back
Summary: Third season of the regular life and antics of the three Minami sisters and all their socially abnormal friends.

Thoughts: So tempting to watch...

Natsume’s Book of Friends Sequel
Summary: Natsume Takashi has the ability to see spirits, which he has long kept secret. However, once he inherits a strange book that belonged to his deceased grandmother, Reiko, he discovers the reason why spirits surround him. Containing the names of these spirits, a binding contract was formed between the spirits and the owner of the book. Now, Natsume is determined to free the spirits and dissolve the contracts. With the help of a spirit cat, his days are filled trying to return the names to these spirits.

Thoughts: I didn't even notice a prequel...

The Girl Who Leapt Through Space *cough* stolen *cough*
Summary: In the distant future, makind has spread out through space into fragmented colonies. One girl travelling between the various colonies comes across one that has become conquered by an AI twisted to subjugate humanity. With the help of a bunch of other young girls, it’s up to them to stop the AI.

Thoughts: Sunrise. My Hime/Otome staff. Need I type more?

Viper’s Creed
Summary: In the near future, war constantly ravages the world. A small band of mercenaries is hired to deal with not only post-war cleanup, but also the environmental terrorism that threatens to destroy the fragile peace.

Thoughts: Same studio as Ga Rei, but with a different staff. It looks pretty generic too.

Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
Summary: More boxing.

Thoughts: Let's move on...

Ashita no Yoichi!
Summary: Having been raised and trained for the past seventeen years as a traditional samurai 'bushi', Yoichi was surprised when his father suddenly announces that there nothing more that he could teach his son, but he arranges for Yoichi to continue training at a dojo owned by one of his fathers friends. So now, Yoichi must leave the tranquility of his remote rural mountain life and move to city to live with his fathers friend's family to continue his studies. And if learning how to cope with city life were not hard enough, he finds himself living with 4 beautiful sisters, and having to endure a ‘training’ regiment more severe than he could ever imagine.....

Thoughts: Read the manga, it was funny. >_>

The Tower of Druaga -The Sword of Uruk-
Summary: Continuing story of the people climbing the monster infested Tower of Druaga. After being betrayed by his brother and his girlfriend, Gil and Fatina must join together in order to continue their quest.

Thoughts: GONZO fails. NEXT!

Black God
Summary: A struggling computer programmer named Keita gets drawn into a fight between a girl and some strange monsters. His arm is cut off in the fight, and he replaces it with hers, creating a bond between the two of them. However, for each to fight at their peak, they need to fight together, and thus Keita is drawn into battling the monsters and clans that threaten the balance of the world.

Thoughts: Awesome sauce.

Birdy the Mighty: DECODE 2
Summary: Senkawa is recovering from death (again) in Birdy’s body as they try to find the answers about who was really behind the Ryunka incident.

Thoughts: Oh god no...

The Beast Player Erin
Summary: Erin can empathize with and control even the most fierce of beasts, but her abilities are coveted by those in power and she’s soon drawn into a war between the two greatest nations of the world.

Thoughts: It looks good?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Summary: Years ago, the planet was infected by a strange toxin. Poisonous beasts began to spawn throughout the world, but humans began to develop supernatural powers as well. Cities soon gathered around those with special powers and became known as Regios. Lei-fon gets drawn into a squadron dedicated to fighting the monsters as he searches for information about his missing childhood friend.

Thoughts: Generic RPG story is a no!

Ride Back
Summary: In the near future, the UN has been dissolved and nations have been left to their own devices. Japan in particular has been completely crippled by protests against the government. One girl, with her ‘Iron Horse’ mechanized motorcycle looks to find her own path in the chaotic society.

Thoughts: No... just... no...

Slayers EVOLUTION-R
Summary: After defeating the mystic beast Zanaffar, Lina et all must search for a way to restore Pokota’s kingdom and confront the possibility that Rezo still lives.

Thoughts: Meh.

Munto TV
Summary: Based on/spun off of the pair of Munto OVAs from a few years back. The heavens are on the brink of collapse due to their depleting energy and the civil war it has engendered. Munto leaves the war to fall to Earth in order to find the girl foretold by their prophets who can save them. That girl, however, is the only person who can actually see the heavens and the destruction that their war has been causing the Earth.

Thoughts: KyoAni alert!

A Thousand Years of the Tale of Genji
Summary: An adaptation of the Tale of Genji, covering the romantic life of a member of Japan’s royal family and the many many many women (including his stepmother and her niece) that he seduces in his quest for true love.

Thoughts: More meh.

Fresh Pretty Cure
Summary: The third reboot of the magical girl PreCure series featuring new girls, new magic cellphones, and new magical animals fighting to protect the (new) magical world.

Thoughts: Spring needs to come quicker.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

didn't think Akikan! would hit the airwaves earlier.. though thanks for the heads-up, i'll be looking for it ASAP..

i'm a bit more hopeful for White Album though; i was thinking aya hirano could pull off quite a decent job at drama roles. most of akane-iro ni somaru saka isn't worth watching, only when it nears the end do you get a decent story..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

What about the Queen's Blade anime? I seem to recall a preview of it out somewhere. Any idea when it's going to be aired?
/me claws out throat and dies

Return to “Animes”