Kanon

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

*shudders*

creepy...
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

*Casts resurrect thread.*

I finally watched it through to the end. For some reason, it felt like a completely different show than the old Kanon. I even liked Yuuichi's character this time around, somehow he seemed less...ghey. And I didn't support a Nayuki ending, her character just seemed less pathetic than the older version. I now fully support Makoto! :lol:

I think the storywas less confusing too, I actually understand what was going on with Mai now.

P.S. Down with girls that steal food!
obaka-san
Astral Realm

Post by obaka-san »

Uguu~~~
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Shouldn't that be
~uguu
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Dan wrote:
For some reason, it felt like a completely different show than the old Kanon.
I got the same feeling, too. Somehow, I think because the story took a somewhat slower pace that it was able to make the characters more tangible and realistic. They also used the same voice actor for Yuuichi that they did for Kyon, which was a good move. It tended to fit his character much better. They also included the ending that Kanon Kazahana provided for the original series, and they did it right! I liked the series a lot, but like with all of the key stories to date, they always leave me wanting me due to their melancholy tone.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

I think in the first series, they mashed all the arcs together. I've watched a few episodes and the whole thing seems really rushed. The 2006 Kanon has good pacing. And the arcs are kept relativly seperate. I think this is better.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Kanon 2002 was rushed? Are you kidding me? It was more like Yuuichi going "I'll hit on this girl, then I'll ditch her and hit on another, until I end up with someone whose appearance haven't changed for the last 7 years!!!!"
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

never watched hte original so I can't really say...
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

ben1234 wrote:Kanon 2002 was rushed? Are you kidding me? It was more like Yuuichi going "I'll hit on this girl, then I'll ditch her and hit on another, until I end up with someone whose appearance haven't changed for the last 7 years!!!!"
lol.

Mashing all the arcs toghether would be considered rushed . . . .
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Re:

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

[quote="ben1234"]
Spoiler! :
My theory is that Mai, AKA the miracle maker, had wished for Yuuicihi's happiness and bought everyone he cared about out of the hospital.
What about Makoto? Makoto Sawatari? We still need Makoto!!!
p.s. Ayu's story sucked, even more sad 'cause she's the main girl. Nothing was explained, it was so... weird. KyoAni really messed up there.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Re: Re:

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hiiragi Kagami1 wrote:
ben1234 wrote:
Spoiler! :
My theory is that Mai, AKA the miracle maker, had wished for Yuuicihi's happiness and bought everyone he cared about out of the hospital.
What about Makoto? Makoto Sawatari? We still need Makoto!!!
p.s. Ayu's story sucked, even more sad 'cause she's the main girl. Nothing was explained, it was so... weird. KyoAni really messed up there.
Spoiler! :
1. Mai didn't make the wish, Ayu did. It was the last wish of the doll.
2. It didn't need to be explained, it's a common part of Japanese mythology that anime exploits. Basically, Ayu's dream became reality, and the entirety of the town was caught in it during the series.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Re: Kanon

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

I'm sorry, I meant Ayu's ending. How did she come back to being a human being instead of just an illusion?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Spoiler! :
Ayu was never dead. She was just in a coma for a long time. Somehow her being in a coma made for a way for her to have an out of body experience. While this may not make much sense from a realistic view, it is something that is used in at least several other series like Shigofumi and Clannad.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Spoiler! :
It's called Astral Projection. As for how she woke up, everyone in the hospital healed, and Makoto reincarnated as a new fox, it's because of Ayu's wish, which was for Yuuichi to be happy. For that to happen, everyone around him had to be happy, so a multitude of miracles occurred.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Psssh, stupid happy endings. It's becase of series like this that the "anime rubber band theory" culminates in series like School Days.

Return to “Animes”