Unconfirmed Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Second Season

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Unconfirmed Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Second Season

Post by shichinanatsu »

while what Kaisos said makes sense, (to the utter dismay of Haruhiists..) the day's still relatively young - around 1230 here in the Phils, so its 1330 in Jpn..

i know it sounds foolishly optimistic, but hey, we're all waiting right? v10 or s2, whichever (if ever, though i do hope positively) comes out first.

edit: though it does beg my curiosity.. how come aya hirano-san gets more and more cv roles (i know of 2 this season, and i think there was at least one slated for January) but i've never even heard anything from her in the Net about haruhi? considering its her debut role i would have thought her camp would have shown more concern, but i guess i'm thinking too much.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Ambi Valent
Astral Realm

Post by Ambi Valent »

shichinanatsu wrote:edit: though it does beg my curiosity.. how come aya hirano-san gets more and more cv roles (i know of 2 this season, and i think there was at least one slated for January) but i've never even heard anything from her in the Net about haruhi? considering its her debut role i would have thought her camp would have shown more concern, but i guess i'm thinking too much.
I'd see this as a sign the 2nd season wasn't dumped, but is still being developed, and the seiyuus sworn to silence. Also, if KyoAni or whoever was just after money, they could have easily made a sloppy adaptation with additional stuff in the episodes (so the series would have the original content, so the fans would watch it, but the original content could last for two or three seasons instead of one). That they didn't go that road makes me think they're still working to deliver a good season 2.

Of course, maybe some executive of KyoAni dumped it because he personally hates the series... instead of looking at the fans who might stay away from other KyoAni series as well if Haruhi was dumped.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Regarding this picture, is it just me, or does she look like Chidori Kaname with brown hair here? Furthermore, why did they change her hairstyle? It is not as if she decided to do a major change in attitude or anything. Plus, you never hear of that in the books either. As for the new season, rock on! However, I am somewhat skeptical on this one. :?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

ainsoph9 wrote:Regarding this picture, is it just me, or does she look like Chidori Kaname with brown hair here? Furthermore, why did they change her hairstyle? It is not as if she decided to do a major change in attitude or anything. Plus, you never hear of that in the books either. As for the new season, rock on! However, I am somewhat skeptical on this one. :?
Tanabata arc would be the most reasonable explanation. And she looks nothing like my lovely Chidori. :?

Bang! :wink:
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

*caps warning*
Spoiler! :
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AGES HOW TO USE THIS PICTURE, THANK YOU SO MUCH TGM!!!!
I relate with Kyon on this, I think Haruhi looks way hotter with full hair and a ponytail.

Hence my previous avatar:
Spoiler! :
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Rectifier wrote:*caps warning*
Spoiler! :
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AGES HOW TO USE THIS PICTURE, THANK YOU SO MUCH TGM!!!!
I relate with Kyon on this, I think Haruhi looks way hotter with full hair and a ponytail.

Hence my previous avatar:
Spoiler! :
i don't know with hair like that i prefer if she had the sword to match the Hot Chick With A Sword profile

baka baka baka
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ainsoph9 wrote: Regarding this picture, is it just me, or does she look like Chidori Kaname with brown hair here? Furthermore, why did they change her hairstyle? It is not as if she decided to do a major change in attitude or anything. Plus, you never hear of that in the books either. As for the new season, rock on! However, I am somewhat skeptical on this one. :?
Volume 4.

That is all.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

Spoiler! :
... meaning yuki-verse's haruhi. that also explains a pic of her in a black uniform, since kouyouen academy's a gakuran-uniform school
somehow my worries have been eased with that info.. but i'd rather think more of it when AS nears its end - we're probably looking at a 1st-week-of-april release, so i have around 3 months to finish my free, albeit 'voiceless' copy of Clannad..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:Regarding this picture, is it just me, or does she look like Chidori Kaname with brown hair here? Furthermore, why did they change her hairstyle? It is not as if she decided to do a major change in attitude or anything. Plus, you never hear of that in the books either. As for the new season, rock on! However, I am somewhat skeptical on this one. :?
Tanabata arc would be the most reasonable explanation. And she looks nothing like my lovely Chidori. :?

Bang! :wink:
How she looks like Chidori is I think in terms of the drawing style. After all, both are done by Kyo-ani. I think that something about the expression on her face with the long hair in a pony tail fashion more or less gave me that impression. I could be just crazy. That would be nothing new. :roll:
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/02/0 ... -in-april/

so yeah, after forever looks like we do have confirmation?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Wow...I'm glad I didn't lose faith or anything in between the seasons.... :x
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

If this is any help, here is a second witness to this little piece of information:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... h-in-april
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Yeah. She's back.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I wonder if now we can get a reason from Tanigawa for all the delays and what-not on both the series and novels. The anime's delay may have not been any fault of his, but it's been forever since I've heard anything about him.

Return to “Animes”