Unconfirmed Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Second Season

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: Unconfirmed Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Second Season

Post by Rectifier »

Yeah, quite honestly I hope he isn't lying cold and lifeless in a ditch somewhere; that would be my second author to die on me before their final book. :(
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Rectifier wrote:Yeah, quite honestly I hope he isn't lying cold and lifeless in a ditch somewhere; that would be my second author to die on me before their final book. :(
Douglas Adams?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Robert Jordan :cry: :cry: :cry:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

GRAH! RAGE FILLS MY VEINS!

I need a chainsaw more then ever now.

RAGESAW!
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

LET'S poking GET THOSE BASTARDS, AIM THOSE NUKES AT THEM DAMNIT!

HARUHI SEASON 2 OR WORLD WAR 3, YOUR CHOICE KYOANI!
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Don't blame KyoAni for this. Blame Kadokawa.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

they deserve Haruhi's wrath, by the hand of the Order of the SOS Knights! :evil: (me attempts at lame code geass reference)

so, where does that put us? even if KyoAni and Kadokawa follow up s2 after this rerun (highly speculatory), their reputation will still be tainted. besides, its just plain stupid of them to get on the bad side of their markets. after AS the only titles left of KyoAni are FMP and SHnY, though of course they could still acquire Little Busters, but that's about it.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Sirey
Astral Realm

Post by Sirey »

They really piss me off with that waiting bullcrap. How can you possibly announce a season like 2 years before it airs and then some? That's actually not really what i think good marketing is. I mean okay, Haruhi goods run as good as ever, but seriously, they would run even better after the second season.

But i think doing reruns before the actual start of the second season is also reasonable, you should always keep in mind that not every japanese has bought the DVDs. We download our Episodes, but what do they do?
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Actually, I expect they had meant to run a second season but had to pull out at the last moment; it's too stupid a marketing move otherwise.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

Beware the talking cat wrote:Actually, I expect they had meant to run a second season but had to pull out at the last moment; it's too stupid a marketing move otherwise.
As opposed to the marketing brilliance they have shown up to this point... ^_^

Actually, a thought occurred to me that this might be a ruse. Kadokawa has them hype a rerelease of Haruhi (totally uncommon in Japan), with maybe a promise of an HDTV release, or added scenes, or something, just to get some people watching. And they position it to come out around the first of April. They make a point of blatantly ignoring the outcry regarding the second season, and when the first episode airs, we see the familiar low-bitrate 4:3 screen of the episode we expect, only when the title page hits the screen...

"The Revenge of Nagato Yuki Episode 00"

And we go on from there with a surprise second season.

Yeah, I know, it would be a stupid idea, what with the initial broadcaster losing out on all kinds of ratings, and the trouble of keeping it quiet for the next two months, and the fact that even the filming of the trailer for "TRoNYE00" doesn't take place until after what they're likely to be able to fit into even 26 episodes if they keep to an approximate chronology, but tell me it's not a better idea than what appears to be happening, and one hell of an April Fools joke to boot, should they pull it off. Trey and Matt would be proud...
Ambi Valent
Astral Realm

Post by Ambi Valent »

It's now just about a week until the Re-Animation of Haruhi Suzumiya begins... has there been any information about the first episode by now?
Ambi Valent
Astral Realm

Post by Ambi Valent »

According to Anime News Network, the airing starts with episode 00, just as it would be expected from a pure reairing of the episodes. It also makes sense to start with old episodes since the series has been off air for a while. However, if Kadokawa wants to get new viewers for new episodes following the old ones, it makes no sense to keep them waiting; if they are only informed about the new episodes when they start, they won't have the basic informations about how the world works in the series - in the case of "Vanishment", what Kyon's old world looked like and why he would prefer it to the new one. And while they might try to get the episodes in low resolution on YouTube, they might also just leave.

I think in 2006 Kadokawa also surprised the viewers with the apparent bad quality of episode 00, but then continued with much better animation. How and when did they inform the public back then, so they'd view the series?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Ambi Valent wrote:According to Anime News Network, the airing starts with episode 00, just as it would be expected from a pure reairing of the episodes. It also makes sense to start with old episodes since the series has been off air for a while. However, if Kadokawa wants to get new viewers for new episodes following the old ones, it makes no sense to keep them waiting; if they are only informed about the new episodes when they start, they won't have the basic informations about how the world works in the series - in the case of "Vanishment", what Kyon's old world looked like and why he would prefer it to the new one. And while they might try to get the episodes in low resolution on YouTube, they might also just leave.
Actually, it turns out it's Melancholy I instead of Ep. 00. Also, I hear it's the DVD version, though I don't know for certain.
Ambi Valent wrote:I think in 2006 Kadokawa also surprised the viewers with the apparent bad quality of episode 00, but then continued with much better animation. How and when did they inform the public back then, so they'd view the series?
Word of mouth, mostly. Kadokawa and KyoAni spent no time advertising, they counted on the series being popular enough to spread that way. I think.
Ambi Valent
Astral Realm

Post by Ambi Valent »

That sounds dangerously like Haruhi behavior...

By the way, over all of this back and forth the anniversary went uncelebrated... Haruhi started 3 years ago.

Return to “Animes”