Spring season of 2007

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Spring season of 2007

Post by ben1234 »

List of some of this year's Spring anime.

I'm curious to see what anime you guys are planning to watch this season, if any.

My list for this season is:

Will be watching without fail:
Hayate the Combat Butler
Nanoha StrikerS
Lucky Star
Nagasarete Airantou
Idolmaster XENOGLOSSIA
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica
Kaze no Stigma
Seto no Hanayome

Will watch if the first episode can successfully interest me:
Claymore
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
RomeoXJuliet
Sola
Bokurano
Seirei no Moribito
Darker than BLACK
Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula
Wellber no Monogatari
Touka Gettan
Kiss Dum
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Spring season is looking a lot more promising than winter, I hope it's up to expectations.

As for my watch list....

These 6 I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch all the way through, either because I've seen the previous series, I liked the original manga, or because of KyoAni. =p Or a mixture of the three. Never say never though:

Hayate no Gotoku!
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
Lovely Complex
Lucky Star
Nagasarete Airantou
Bokurano

I'm planning on giving these the first episode test as they've all caught my interest one way or another. Though, I'm kind of hoping some of these suck, because there is no way I have time for them all. =p

El Cazador de la Bruja
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Sola
Kaze no Stigma
Hitohira
Claymore
RomeoXJuliet
Touka Gettan
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

These are the few shows that interest me, but I'll probably be dropping half of the list here ;P

Hayate the Combat Butler
Nanoha StrikerS
Seto no Hayanome
Idolmaster XENOGLOSSIA
Claymore
Wellber no Monogatari
Nagasarete Airantou
Romeo X Juliet
Darker than BLACK
Seirei no Moribito
Lucky Star
Bokurano
Kaze no Stigma
Princess Ressurection
THE SKULLMAN

There's no way I'm dropping anything in bold 8)
/me claws out throat and dies
Shadowfall
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowfall »

I'll start off with a few, then maybe pick some up (or at least watch a couple of episodes of) if I like the looks of them from blog posts etc.

Hayate the Combat Butler (Recommended all over the place)
Lucky Star (KyoAni)
Claymore (Looks the most interesting from having read various descriptions of the new seasons)
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

You guys have sure seem to have a lot of free time. I try not to watch shows that are ongoing because I hate it if I get stuck on an episode that's a cliffhanger. Plus some of the series I did watch would be dropped in the middle of the season or the translators would quit or the whole group would just go under, ect.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

I'm with Dan on this one. I usually wait until the anime is through broadcasting before I bother to watch it.

How do you keep up with so many different anime at the same time?
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Stratosphere wrote:How do you keep up with so many different anime at the same time?
You don't have to keep up with them all. You just have to be very critical of the bad ones and then boot them off the list until you're down to a reasonable few good shows that you can watch all the way through. =p It's just like flicking channels when a TV show starts to get crap. ^^

If the season looks bad in general though I don't bother with this method, as you just end up becoming very cynical about the quality of anime....
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

I don't usually pick up watching an anime until it has had some reviews. I watched Kanon and SHnY from week-to-week because it was Kyoani. I also watch Bleach week-to-week, but that's only because it could probably go on for another 100 episodes.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

>.< Bleach? I hated that show

I've never heard of Hayate the Combat Butler before but seeing as how so many people are putting it on their list I guess I'll give it a shot
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Stratosphere wrote:How do you keep up with so many different anime at the same time?
I use http://baka-updates.com to see when a group releases something.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Claymore Ep1

http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/

I enjoyed the first Ep, so I think I'll continue watching it. Nice gore fest anime to sink my teeth into.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Claymore Ep1

http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/

I enjoyed the first Ep, so I think I'll continue watching it. Nice gore fest anime to sink my teeth into.
I'm watching this.
Last edited by HolyCow on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

ah its times like this that I'm glad as a guy I am attracted to plenty of blood and violence
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Setherzam wrote:ah its times like this that I'm glad as a guy I am attracted to plenty of blood and violence
Which can pretty much be summed up as gore 8)

Ever read GANTZ before (Note the word READ, and not WATCHED)? It's hardcore gore I tell you :twisted:

P/S: Monkey, how gory is Claymore? Does it compare to Elfen Lied/Gore/Higurashi?

EDIT: From Omni's blog Random Curiosity, it seems that RomeoXJuliet and Nagasarete Airantou are looking pretty good... :wink:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

FaceBots and ManShes

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Gore about every 5-10 mins or so. They don't skimp out on it either by turning the camera away.

On another note I watched Tengen Toppa and Touka Gettan.

Tengen can be described in one word. Facebots. Although I don't really like the concept of a giant face as a torso for a mecha, the characters themselves are pretty interesting. I'll watch a few more episodes and give it a chance.

Touka Gettan... How should I put this...
Spoiler! :
What the **** is this ******* **** suppose to be about? I see some longhaired dude who looks like a lady, thinking this is the main character but after talking to his mentally challenged mother (btw the conversation was "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." "Mama..." "Tsouka-chan..." Seriously... go watch and you'll see.) he walks into his room, hugs a shirt, and disappears in a big beam of light leaving behind some little statue? His mother flips shit, some guy with a red eye stops by, says your not you! Your you! A purple glass shard falls out of his glowing eye and his son walks in going wtf? Then it cuts to some girl that looks like the Yuki slider picking up the statue. I'm guessing it cuts to the next day and the son of redeye glass shard dude is going to school, but doesn't remember who his father is (?) for some reason. The mother continues with her messed up mental trip. The slutwhore of a maid decides to leave like she had a purpose in the first place. Slider Yuki decides to paint the statue she found. And to end all this mind ******* it shows some younger version of the "main character" kissing some random chick after getting off the train... THE END /shootsselfinface

Now I know this is a continuation of an Ero game, but still, they could have at least put in a little back story or some sort of character intro.

For those of you who did read the spoiler, I'm never giving episode 2 a chance... ever! I'll let the ones who don't read this suffer the pain of watching it.
If you don't want to read the spoiler I'll just say it blew my mind... Go watch it!

*EDIT*

Just got done watching Heroic Age. BAD@SS! This is so far my favorite Spring anime.

Return to “Animes”