Seto no Hanayome

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Seto no Hanayome

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

One of the best animes I have ever watched. This is coming close to toppling over FMP: Fumoffu in the comedy aspect. I have to give it some time to settle in, watch FMP again, and then make a final judgment. 8)

I suggest that anyone and everyone watch this. It covers quite a few genres and has gut busting moments. :D
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

hmm is it similar to FMP: Fumoffu in style, just wondering if i should watch it also...along with the five other series that i got going :D
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

I downloaded it.

I found the ending disappointing.

FMP > SnH.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Hm. I dropped this after the second episode. Maybe I'll give it another try.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Irish: You might want to fix your acronym. What else could "SnH" stand for hrm...? ;)

Anyway, TGM, I originally passed this one by for yet another love comedy but since you say it's as good as Fumoffu.... I'll give it a shot.

edit: It's only been completed by sub-par translation groups... I'll give it a pass for now till someone else finishes or something.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I agree with Irish, the ending was a bit "Meh", but what can you expect?

Other than that, it's a really funny show.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I concur with both Irish and oni. It was funny, but it lost steam in the end. It was about as manic as Fruits Basket or some of the other comedy series. I will admit that it was pretty funny, but it was also kind of hit and miss. By the way, I could never find what the series was based off of. Was it originally manga or a light novel or what? I must say that Clannad, Dokuro-chan, Dai Mahou Touge, Hare+Guu, and Ranma 1/2 are more consistently funny.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

ainsoph9 wrote:Was it originally manga or a light novel or what? I must say that Clannad, Dokuro-chan, Dai Mahou Touge, Hare+Guu, and Ranma 1/2 are more consistently funny.
Pretty sure this was originally a manga. Only slow groups are doing this (the last time I checked, which was a while ago), so I never got around to reading the manga. The anime was pretty funny but the end was meh... Cept the guy. The guy was cool.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Problem is the only group that did finish subbing it is your_mom and everyone knows how crappy they are.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

It wasn't very good; especially with the constant, retarded feeling that you get while watching it. It was apparently supposed to be humorous, but didn't deliver.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

just watched a few episodes last night, and discovered that i had allready started watching this series..:D

but yea, iti think it's damn funny, can't stop loving that guys face expressions and the father sick love his daughter :P
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Phoenix14 wrote:
It wasn't very good; especially with the constant, retarded feeling that you get while watching it. It was apparently supposed to be humorous, but didn't deliver.
You might have gotten the feeling that you were becoming dumber as you watched it, but I have seen worse. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo makes me feel like a complete retard even after glancing at the TV for less than a second. Seto no Hanayome is just off-the-wall humor.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Phoenix14 wrote:It wasn't very good; especially with the constant, retarded feeling that you get while watching it. It was apparently supposed to be humorous, but didn't deliver.
Ignore phoenix, s/he has a funny taste is anime, but apparently don't like funny nor interesting series, such as Moyashimon and this one.

probably like boring/dramatic animes like clannad or something. :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

onizuka-gto wrote:
Ignore phoenix, s/he has a funny taste is anime, but apparently don't like funny nor interesting series, such as Moyashimon and this one.
Ignoring Phoenix would be kind of hard to do, since Phoenix has a rate of posting that borders spamming, or so it seems. As for Clannad, I have found that series to be quite humorous. It is one of the more consistently humorous series out there, even when it is being serious. For me, a boring/annoying series would be Pre-Tear. If she is not crying in that series, then she is lamenting how sad and pathetic everything is and why she cannot get a guy's attention. It peeved me off! Anyway, I highly recommend to stay away from something like that. Instead, watch something like Seto no Hanayome, Hare+Guu, or Pani Poni Dash. (Yes, I like random humor with no common sense behind it.)
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

I agree with Phoenix up until a point, Seto is meant to be hilarious 100% of the time, but phails at that objective.

Return to “Animes”