Auto-must-see

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Auto-must-see

Post by Umiman »

When it comes to anime, what quality would it have to possess for you to watch it immediately without thinking about anything else. I'm saying, you see somewhere someone mentions that quality in a certain anime and you just blank out and instantly find / download it and watch it regardless of time or whatever.

I'm sure no one needs to know mine (giantorbitallaserpewpew), what are yours?
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Re: Auto-must-see

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Made by KyoAni or CLAMP.

I've yet to find a KyoAni show(other than those awful Munto OVAs) which was not exceptional.
Likewise any show based on a CLAMP manga is going to be worth watching, regardless of the studio.

Few other things make me want to instantly watch a show. Maybe dimension/time travel to magical places.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Umiman wrote:I'm sure no one needs to know mine (giantorbitallaserpewpew), what are yours?
This is coming from the guy who refuses to even give Gundam OO a chance. :roll:

Mine would probably have to be... erm... I don't know. It would just have to intrigue me then I'd give it a chance sooner than others. It all really depends on how the story/vA/art is and meshes together. Oh, and anything with Full Metal Panic, KyoAni, or Bones on it.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Anything by KyoAni or Gainax.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

TGM: No one said anything about Gundam 00 having giant orbital lasers though. Does it? I might give it a chance... but the potential for emo seriously scares me off, Gundam SEED did that to me. An incurable trauma towards modern day Gundam. Is there a clip from the show of a giant orbital laser firing minus any talking?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I'll say what everybody is thinking: Tasteful Ecchi.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Umiman wrote:TGM: No one said anything about Gundam 00 having giant orbital lasers though. Does it? I might give it a chance... but the potential for emo seriously scares me off, Gundam SEED did that to me. An incurable trauma towards modern day Gundam. Is there a clip from the show of a giant orbital laser firing minus any talking?
We went over this like 4 times in the other thread. :| Ben and I were trying to tell you how it differed from the other Gundams and had plenty of pewpew lasers to boot. Although it doesn't have orbital lasers (yet), it does have ones that do the opposite and fire from the ground into space. At least watch the first 25 Eps and see if you like it. If you do, then watch the rest. :wink:
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Rectifier wrote:I'll say what everybody is thinking: Tasteful Ecchi.
Rectifier wins the Oxymoron of the Year Award for that one. :wink:
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Chiaki J. Konoka. Nuff said.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

The ones I watch usually have something that's outstanding (plot, characters, humor, action, animation, etc.).

Though some shows get my attention when I think they have a lot of potential to be better (Rental Magica and Kekkaishi comes to mind).
Last edited by ben1234 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

TGM: Isn't the point that even though you went over it four times, you still failed to convince me. Usually, when people fail to see the point, it's not the fault of the person, it's the fault of the one attempting to convince you. e.g: when a Christian evangelist attempts to convert you and you refuse, it's not your fault that you refuse. I've seen the giant lasers in Gundam shows and except for the one in that uber-"realistic" Gundam which I can't remember the name... they are usually quite subpar, being nothing more than a very large pulse than an actual superlaser.

In addition, this show resembles Gundam Wing... which sucks major balls, had whiny, overly-effiminate, gay men for characters, and had robot designs more adapted to a fashion show than actual combat.

And besides, it's hard to take your word for it. You told me Baccano had giant orbital lasers, when it didn't in the slightest. That's called a betrayal of trust, man. I trusted you! Trusted you like a brother! And you betrayed me! :evil:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Umiman wrote:And besides, it's hard to take your word for it. You told me Baccano had giant orbital lasers, when it didn't in the slightest. That's called a betrayal of trust, man. I trusted you! Trusted you like a brother! And you betrayed me! :evil:
So I was mistaken. :roll: That satellite was very orbital cannon array looking. :?

And with Gundam OO I was giving you facts by answering your questions. Up to you if you want to believe me or not obviously but they are fact... based on my recollection at least. :P Ben is there to back me up as well. can't wait for the second half.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Woah there, don't get me involved in this.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

*hog ties Ben before he can get away* Yep, with me all the way... Bwahahaha.... :twisted:
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

No, I'm just playing around. I'll check it out sometime when I'm free during spring / summer. I already said if there's a prospect of giant orbital cannons, I'm immediately interested.

Return to “Animes”