Gotham Knight

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Gotham Knight

Post by b0mb3r »

this anime series been a very mix reaction. how should i put it, the animation is definitely high quality in the art, along with great sound but story wise….it seems to jump all over the place. The animation team and the collaboration of writers of the DC people are wonderful, but I think this experimentation on a batman anime falls short a bit. I know the team behind animatrix is cool and all, but this doesn’t seem to tied down the two movies together. It would be a more acceptable to me if it doesn’t follow the movies, but each have their own individual stories. I felt that each chapter is a teaser of the artist’s own vision of a bigger batman movie. Basically don’t make a batman anime that doesn’t feel the batman movie chris Nolan is trying to make. The stories are a bit slow and can be boring with a few exception. The thing that kept me going is Kevin Conroy the same voice actor of bruce wayne/batman from my years of sixteen years of batman cartoon. He did a good job of course, though lip synch is a bit weird. Oh well, if you like anime and you like batman, just try it out.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Gotham Knight

Post by ainsoph9 »

Here is animenewsnetwork's review. I will probably at least rent this.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/ ... ham_knight

Ok. I wound up watching the anime. I think that animenewsnetwork is full of crap about the plot. I thought that the plot was quite good; it really reminded me of the Animatrix. I wonder why...? (Please do not answer that; it was rhetorical.)

Return to “Animes”