Chrome Shelled Regios

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Assassin
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Chrome Shelled Regios

Post by Assassin »

Another series I started to follow for the first quarter of 2009... I thought it might be interesting so I figured I'll want to say something about it here.
Alternative title:
Kōkaku no Regios (Japanese)
鋼殻のレギオス (Japanese)

Genres: adventure, science fiction

Plot Summary: In the distant future, a polluted world has been overtaken by havoc-wreaking creatures called Limbeekoon. Humanity, having been forced to relocate itself, must live in isolated mobile cities called Regios. A mysteriously skilled fighter named Leyfon Alseif enrolls in the Academy city of Zenri and is immediately noticed by Nina Antalk, leader or the 17 Military Arts Unit. He then reluctantly joins her squad, uncertain of what future awaits him and his new teammates within the city as well as the impending dangers in the midst of a plagued world.

Cast:
Nobuhiko Okamoto as Layfon Alseif
Asuka Okame as Mei-Shen Trinden
Ayahi Takagaki as Nina Antalk
Daisuke Sakaguchi as Harley Sutton
Eri Sendai as Mifi Lotten
Fuyuka Oura as Naruki Gerni
Kishô Taniyama as Sharnid Elipton
Mai Nakahara as Felli Loss
Mikako Takahashi as Lilin Mafes
Takehito Koyasu as Karian Loss
Not to mention that this series is originally from a light novel. Looks like translations for its following manga (and even the anime) is even earlier than how we could acknowledge this series no, my fellow B-T denizens? Oh, the image looks like an original illustration for the novel.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Downloading the first ep right now. I'll tell you what I think. 8)
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

It's sad that school's started again. Can't watch this even though it looks interesting.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I enjoy the premise. First episode was pretty good. A few annoying parts have me thinking it could swing a bad way though with too much emphasis on romance. :?
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I enjoy the premise. First episode was pretty good. A few annoying parts have me thinking it could swing a bad way though with too much emphasis on romance. :?
Actually, I was looking for that when I started to watch this series. But then again I do hope the focus isn't too much on that. Let it be balanced.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I just watched the first two episodes. I cannot really make heads or tails of the plot so far. I will say that the captain is interesting as a character though...
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ainsoph9 wrote:I just watched the first two episodes. I cannot really make heads or tails of the plot so far. I will say that the captain is interesting as a character though...
Same thoughts here...
animejunkie
Astral Realm

Post by animejunkie »

watching the first 2 eps really got me interested. :o i think this is one of few good series that is out this season (since there are not as many good animes as last season). cant wait to see how they connect the unexplained stuff in the first ep.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Gonna download this just for Nakahara Mai. 8)
/me claws out throat and dies
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

... Geh, due to the spiced-up discussions in AnimeSuki (now Regios has its subforum there) I can't be patient and so vols 10 and 11 of the novel (raws indeed) came under my possession, although if I don't want to lose every single cents I have remaining here in my pocket, you would've known where I got 'em :3
HolyCow wrote:Gonna download this just for Nakahara Mai. 8)
And you got what you've persevered for. Felli's made of WIN!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

What's with this "movie" within the series?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

it looks like a series-of-sorts being watched by sharnid and harley; and accdg to what little info wikipedia has, it seems to have occurred in the same universe as Regios, but how far into the past is known only to those who have access to the side story's light novels.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

All that I know is that I am
Spoiler! :
waiting for Leerin to show up and say, "Layfon, how I have missed you! This is the longest we have been away from each other since we were married." This would be swiftly followed by a kick in the shin from Felli, a frustrated and confused look from Nina, a tearful Mei-Shen running off, and a "way to go" look from Sharnid.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ainsoph9 wrote:All that I know is that I am
Spoiler! :
waiting for Leerin to show up and say, "Layfon, how I have missed you! This is the longest we have been away from each other since we were married." This would be swiftly followed by a kick in the shin from Felli, a frustrated and confused look from Nina, a tearful Mei-Shen running off, and a "way to go" look from Sharnid.
Which is gonna be hard to happen considering this is your typical shounen genre where the dude either just refuses to accept he has a harem waiting for him or it's just that he's really that dense like a depleted uranium alloy.

Although from what I heard the recently translated chapter 4 of the novel seems to indicate otherwise, he's not that dense it seems.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

imho - and i think most everyone would agree - that layton is romantically challenged, i.e. he is just THAT DENSE even if he wants to think otherwise. however, that familiar fault of his can be explained. considering references to his Heaven's Blade days, his way of life doesn't allow much for the intimacy that nina and felli are familiar with; classic excuse of from-different-worlds if you will. that being said, it doesn't sound like he's romantically bound to leerin as well; leerin seems to fit the description of the girl the leading stud eventually ends up with, BARRING dramatic action from the rival women.

@Assassin: any links for that Regios TL project?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)

Return to “Animes”