Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by b0mb3r »

Well i gonna get slaughter for this but:

even though the 1st episode is original and the rest will follow the manga i kind of dislike it. I know is a bit unfair to compare it to the 1st anime almost five years ago but i find bones quality to be bad. yes is a bit closer to manga art style but i just dislike the quality. Also both the op and ed are bad. i feel a bit suffocating how bad it was to hear it. the op was a bit um boring and sad. okay i admit the animation was great in that, especially the lip-syncing and i enjoy the cute animation of the ED but the sound just doesn't have the awesomeness like the 1st op and ed of the 1st anime. i will wait for the next episode but i feel a bit sick in the head right now as i watch it. is me-thing not a fma-thing.
Last edited by b0mb3r on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baka baka baka
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

The OP was the best poking OP I've seen in ages. Don't know why some people hate it.

Oh right, because it's not Ready Steady Go. Of course.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Pretty difficult to beat the popularity of OP songs like ready steady when you replace it with a slower and less dynamic song.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Frankly, I hated Ready Steady Go. Rewrite was my favorite opening.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

It's not my opinion that it's better, it's my opinion that the current opening song is less dynamic and slower.

Since most popular anime opening songs tend to be fast, upbeat, and dynamic; it becomes obvious why this one has less "fans." I'm willing to say that even Naraku No Hana is more dynamic than fma:b's op.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

after a week reviewing the old season of full metal and watching episode 2 i conclude:

it is awesome.

i still dislike the song but not as much as before as it grow on me. still wish is a bit dynamic.
i know they seem to rush through alot of things but the pacing is great and the quality was actually top-notch here. god the cinematography and angles are great compare to fma 1.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

watched the first four episodes so far, and i must admit i did not like the OP at first... but now I got to enjoying it, i guess its the first season that made me think its a heavily action pack anime with lotsa fast paced songs and such. but from the way this new OP is played, i think its more of the emotional parts of the story, which is a different portion of the story... Still staying tuned to it, hope it will get better and better!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, the ED animation style is ripped from Naruto: Shippuden... :mrgreen:

I don't know what to think quite yet. I want it to get to material that hasn't happened in the other Anime before I make my opinion. Because frankly, I liked it done better the old version so far, but that's just because of the detail and time and # of episodes it took, so there was more pull to it. For example, the way Scar kills Nina at the end of the anime 1st season, and 2nd season. I liked the first one better...because it had more impact. Ed sees the imprint left from the blood of Nina, and the whole scene just has more...it's not like I like the scene, but it's because of the way it was done in the first season that I liked the series better. Just stuff like that. But it's only because the anime series is trying to cover everything this time, and is speeding through the stuff we know, that I think like this. I'm really looking forward to what happens after the Auto-mail town, where the story diverges. (forgot the town's name :()

Anyway, looking forward to what comes next :D
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

my only sad moment for me is at the Lor city when ed reveals his jacket doesn't quite has the same impact as the 1st episode because it wasn't SHINY!!!. episode three has this dull plain look to it that i cringe to see. still i think the cinematography is more well done than 1st season.

baka baka baka
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Are you mad? That OP by Yui had rhythm and the grooves and all. Slower and less dynamic my arse. 8)

I'm with Kaisos on this, I didn't quite like Ready Steady Go, and that's me speaking as a L'arc~en~Ciel admirer. OTOH, their songs for the FMA movie, Link and Lost Heaven, were much, much better, and on par with their better songs.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

I like the OP so far, and as far as the series goes it is much better then the original attempt. So far I am at episode 4 and it still is enjoyable
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Frankly, I think that L'Arc en Ciel's older stuff is better in general, with the exception of their second to last album. Their newest one sounds like crap.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

I love the OP, can't wait for it to be released.

As for the anime itself, I'm still trying (or waiting) to get back into it. Wait till it deviates more from the previous anime to get more interesting.... can't help but compare the two and still liking the first anime more. But as you say, the first impression tends to stick.

and I'm just really bugged about Edward's hair. The outlines look um, strange?
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I didn't know this topic didn't exist before. Here it is for B-T denizens to discuss amongst, if there're stuff you want to say that you aren't at liberty to say in other forums due to their ridiculous policies regarding spoilers like the d!ckhead mods in that other forum.

Simply use the spoiler tag, as long as you mark it as "manga spoiler", you're good to post.

And while I'm at it, if your name is relentlessflame, please, do me a favour and go f*ck yourself. (Yeah, I'm petty and vindictive when it comes to personal slights, so sue me. :twisted: )

Anyway, episode 19, summed up in 5 words

Most. Epic. Episode. So. Far.

Nuff said.

I never knew Mustang to be this GAR before.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by b0mb3r »

Kinny Riddle wrote:I didn't know this topic didn't exist before. Here it is for B-T denizens to discuss amongst, if there're stuff you want to say that you aren't at liberty to say in other forums due to their ridiculous policies regarding spoilers like the d!ckhead mods in that other forum.

Simply use the spoiler tag, as long as you mark it as "manga spoiler", you're good to post.

And while I'm at it, if your name is relentlessflame, please, do me a favour and go f*ck yourself. (Yeah, I'm petty and vindictive when it comes to personal slights, so sue me. :twisted: )

Anyway, episode 19, summed up in 5 words

Most. Epic. Episode. So. Far.

Nuff said.

I never knew Mustang to be this GAR before.
oh i started one a while back anyway:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2735&p=51194#p51194
Spoiler! :
yes i agreed. it been years since i read the manga but seeing lust burnt to crisp is painful and pleasant (masochist?) but the one thing i hate the most is the xing character miss out the fight against lust and gultony. wahh. still hawkeye crying almost makes me bawl even though i know he still lives. but dang i had to freeze at mustang muscles. i love the little details, like the burned-seal wound, is pleasing to me eyes. and very gar too

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”