1080p Anime

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

1080p Anime

Post by Beware the talking cat »

So I watched my first 1080p show today(K-ON 1), and I'm not really sure the filesize(1GB) is worth it to me over the standard 720p. Perhaps it's just because I'm watching it on a 22" screen rather than a 52" monster like some people have, but the quality doesn't seem to be worth a file quite that large. In terms of bandwidth, 13-26GB per series might just be too much for me.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Re: 1080p Anime

Post by Assassin »

A 1GB 1080p? I believe I saw Bakemonogatari raws in 1080p doesn't cost that much of a filesize.

But yeah, 720p is quite a luxury for me who doesn't fancy having things as large as an IMAX theater screen, so 1080p would be overkill (so will the filesizes be) - well, as a saying I heard from somewhere goes, "Choose your poison."
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

my poison is still non-mkv files that are low-resolution. been doing it for years and it's not gonna stop till some drastic changes and money lol.

baka baka baka
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I used to not care about quality, but after I had no choice but to watch HQ for one series, I couldn't bring myself to go back.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Dan wrote:I used to not care about quality, but after I had no choice but to watch HQ for one series, I couldn't bring myself to go back.
as many anime quotes used before: you can only face forward

baka baka baka
Gloria~
Astral Realm

Post by Gloria~ »

>.> Sigh.. I don't even have much money to pay for the floor and board, much less buy a better computer.. And this one's quite old ;;
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Gloria~ wrote:>.> Sigh.. I don't even have much money to pay for the floor and board, much less buy a better computer.. And this one's quite old ;;
no need for better computer only better screen.....like a projector and a nice flat wall to project upon. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

muahwahaha with my new computer I am deliciously enjoying my newfound power MUAHWHAHAHA!

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Congrats!

Return to “Animes”