Summer Wars

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Summer Wars

Post by b0mb3r »

oh i can say HOLY SHIT. the same team who did the "Girl who Leapt through Time" did it again. wow i love everything about it. Artwise: Quality is awesome, character designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, who did Neon Genesis Evangelion, details are evidently awesome, awesome cyberworld influenced by superflat artist Takashi Murakami, director Mamoru Hosoda who directed GwLtT and the Digimon Movie is great, music is awesome, everything is so visually poking pleasing, produced by the famous Madhouse, etc. god damn it i am feeling the goosebumps everywhere. GOOOOOOOOOOO watch IT!

Summary:
The film focuses on a timid eleventh-grade math genius who has been falsely implicated in the hacking of a virtual world and, with the aid of a classmate's extensive family, must prevent the real and computer-simulated worlds from colliding.

Strangely if you guys remember the digimon movie where a digimon tries to take over the world via Internet, is simliar to this cept there is no mon but avatars and the A.I. taking over the world is over the top. even the cell-shaded quality in the net are similar, it just show how much technology surpass its predecessor.

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Summer Wars

Post by ben1234 »

Call me when a decent group releases it -_-
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Now waiting. Soon, on a computer monitor near you.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

well i wouldn't watch it unless there were some subs. this group had an decent quality (looks a bit bright) and the subs had korean sub with english sub over it. also the subing timing is off to match the audio talking is is a little inconsistent. still i will be the forgotten idiot whether is bad to post torrents or not but here is a link

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

To quote some dude from AniDB:
This is honestly the worst encode I have ever encountered.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

I agree it was the worst encode ever... but it was the BEST anime movie I have ever seen. Once this comes out on dvd I am definitely buying it
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Muffinman wrote:I agree it was the worst encode ever... but it was the BEST anime movie I have ever seen. Once this comes out on dvd I am definitely buying it
strangely one fan bought a dvd from germany.

baka baka baka
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

b0mb3r wrote:
Muffinman wrote:I agree it was the worst encode ever... but it was the BEST anime movie I have ever seen. Once this comes out on dvd I am definitely buying it
strangely one fan bought a dvd from germany.
Could they understand German?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Muffinman wrote:Could they understand German?
maybe the german subs. the raw online is actually the korean dvd rip.

baka baka baka
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I just watched it and it was awesome.

OZ is the coolest envisioning of an online virtual world, ever.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

b0mb3r wrote:well i wouldn't watch it unless there were some subs. this group had an decent quality (looks a bit bright) and the subs had korean sub with english sub over it. also the subing timing is off to match the audio talking is is a little inconsistent. still i will be the forgotten idiot whether is bad to post torrents or not but here is a link
Wasn't there a V2? They fixed it somehow.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

Assassin wrote:
Wasn't there a V2? They fixed it somehow.
There is, but it goes off again after 30 minutes into the movie. Someone released a V3 sub file to make it a bit better, but it still isn't the best
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I just watched it last night. I think that it may be even better than "Toki o Kakeru Shoujo." For the most part, I would say that you could watch it with the whole family as well. I think that it really presents many issues such as family, unity, the internet, etc. in a revealing light.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Do you have found by any chance a streaming of this?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I did a quick search, but I could not find anything for this movie that is streamed. Even the torrents are fairly scant right now. I would suggest going the torrent route, if you can. The video quality will probably be better as well. Plus, the movie is about 2 hours long, so doing a video stream might be kind of frustrating.

Return to “Animes”