Darker than Black

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Darker than Black

Post by b0mb3r »

I will be bashed here. after watching season 1 I didn't really enjoy it. from the uneasy feeling from the 1st episode to the end i didn't like it. People been recommending this series to me for over an year and how much they love Hei (i felt like an idiot since i am Chinese and i totally forgotten its the Chinese character for black. i would say black in chinese as "Hei-Sah-Da") since he is the coolest chinese character in anime history. yes i did enjoy some of his innocent banter and interaction with the characters as Li-kun but i felt unsatisfied with him. I don't really like the character design in general. the only good point at least it isn't moe-blob. maybe the setting turns me off due to is green saturation. i feel like i am too dumb to understand and appreciate this series that i need you guys to tell me specially why it is awesome. you don't have to be convincing, rather i wish to understand the love for it.

ps. the only thing i truly liked was this short poem why the title is named this way:
Spoiler! :
Is a somber dream of a grim reaper a shade darker than black?

baka baka baka
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: Darker than Black

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I'm currently watching the first season too... I can tell you I love it because a) It's so... Western... in style, and b) All the concepts it thought up are awesome. Just pure awesome and cool.

But I know the ending is going to suck so I'm setting sail for fail...
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

Something to think about near the end in regards to the Hei and Yin relationship:
Spoiler! :
One of the final arcs with the kid and the doll might actually be a foreshadow of what happens between season 1 and 2
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

I like season 1 even though it was confusing. :mrgreen:
And it's stranger still how I like the series even thought there isn't much background to the characters. I guess that kind of says a lot about character interaction and development pertaining to their current selves.

As for the second season..... meh. Way less interesting than the first season, in particularly with:
Spoiler! :
the magic girl materialising weapon scene! Totally ruins the essence of Darker than Black!!
They really should have done away with that (points to spoiler) and started second season with what's intended in the OVA. Show things to us chronologically.

@ben1234: um... don't really remember which scene you're referring to. oh well, unless I watch season 1 again to refresh my memory, I'll just stay confused like I was before. lol.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007/08 ... -black-18/

That one

http://omaemo.dasaku.net/2009/04/15/dar ... #more-1329

Refer to that for what I mean

I recently realized that DtB is one of those shows you need to watch twice to understand everything and make the connections. Whatever seems like filler in the show can actually be a major part of the story.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

the only shows I watch more than twice is Neon Genesis Evangelion and and Ouran Host Club.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I wish that they could come out with another season of this because they kind of leave you hanging at the end.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

season 1 or 2?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Season 2. As I said, I have seen the whole thing.

Return to “Animes”