Mobile Suit K-ON Gundam OP - I'd watch this

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Mobile Suit K-ON Gundam OP - I'd watch this

Post by Kinny Riddle »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok0_sjTF4PQ

Though I've never watched a single episode of Gundam 00, for some reason I feel quite fired up to watch this if this crossover were ever to be made. :lol: (I'll be content as long as Yui, Ui, Mio and Mugi survive in the end. 8) )

I'm sure those of you who have would feel even more so.

(Yes, I'm aware the song is a completely different song from any of the 4 Gundam 00 OPs, but the OP for Element Hunters, but it's a good choice, no?)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Mobile Suit K-ON Gundam OP - I'd watch this

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Nice editing job on that MAD, but I don't like the song. The 3rd OP is still my favorite, followed closely by the 2nd OP.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

should i watch this? i didn't really like the 1st episode so i never watched it again.

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

K-On was KyoAni's pathetic attempt to milk money by having tons of soundtracks and merchandise.

Would have worked too if the songs didn't sound like crap and if the show wasn't so boring
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

ben1234 wrote:K-On was KyoAni's pathetic attempt to milk money by having tons of soundtracks and merchandise.

Would have worked too if the songs didn't sound like crap and if the show wasn't so boring
It still sucked in way more people than it should have, effing moe-blob loving otakus. I forgot about this series once I finished it.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

ben1234 wrote:K-On was KyoAni's pathetic attempt to milk money by having tons of soundtracks and merchandise.

I call bull to that. I rather enjoy the songs actually, I even went and got the singles album. 8)

Anyway, I'm quite surprised quite a lot of you here dislike K-On (more like shocked, dismayed and indignant :lol: ). I'm guessing most of you are from North America and Europe, so it's probably a cultural thing, since with me being in Asia, I find no problem watching it.

Because in the forum where I found that video, people there were feeling fired up much like I have, yet without exhibiting any of the so-called rabid Haruhiist-like fanaticism which you guys so abhor.

I agree that K-On's mileage varies with people, but I personally find it relaxing and cute, that doesn't automatically make me a mindless moe-blob loving otaku. Just like enjoying Haruhi doesn't make me a rabid Haruhi-ist or occasionally liking some of Naruto's plot developments make me a Narutard.

I guess my tolerance for a slice-of-life series, even without a plot, is quite high. This stems from my traumatizing experience from having to go through the trash that was Gundam Seed Destiny, from then on, anything better than that will suffice for me. :D
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i don't hate it yet i do not like it to that extent as much as otaku exaggerates. I do enjoy the show even though it could be wasting my time. that and I am a Mio Fan....don't judge me lol.

ps. season 2 is confirmed.

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Kinny Riddle wrote:I agree that K-On's mileage varies with people, but I personally find it relaxing and cute, that doesn't automatically make me a mindless moe-blob loving otaku. Just like enjoying Haruhi doesn't make me a rabid Haruhi-ist or occasionally liking some of Naruto's plot developments make me a Narutard.
I wasn't referring to you, I was pointing my finger at... well... the moe-blob loving otakus.

I erased my rant, I lost steam near the end, blah. To sum it up K-On was mediocre to me, and I want KyoAni to get back to doing things I want to see.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I want another season of Kannagi. t_t
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Rectifier wrote:I want another season of Kannagi. t_t
the director and production are busy with black rock shooter.

also they wouldn't know whether one of the main character in kannagi is a virgin or not without rallying up angry otakus.

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

b0mb3r wrote:also they wouldn't know whether one of the main character in kannagi is a virgin or not without rallying up angry otakus.
They are fine with the idea of buying Zange-chan for 100 yen, but mention of Nagi having a past relationship (maybe) and the otaku rage. :roll:
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Kinny Riddle wrote:

I call bull to that. I rather enjoy the songs actually, I even went and got the singles album. 8)

Anyway, I'm quite surprised quite a lot of you here dislike K-On (more like shocked, dismayed and indignant :lol: ). I'm guessing most of you are from North America and Europe, so it's probably a cultural thing, since with me being in Asia, I find no problem watching it.

Because in the forum where I found that video, people there were feeling fired up much like I have, yet without exhibiting any of the so-called rabid Haruhiist-like fanaticism which you guys so abhor.

I agree that K-On's mileage varies with people, but I personally find it relaxing and cute, that doesn't automatically make me a mindless moe-blob loving otaku. Just like enjoying Haruhi doesn't make me a rabid Haruhi-ist or occasionally liking some of Naruto's plot developments make me a Narutard.

I guess my tolerance for a slice-of-life series, even without a plot, is quite high. This stems from my traumatizing experience from having to go through the trash that was Gundam Seed Destiny, from then on, anything better than that will suffice for me. :D
I'm Chinese at heart so it's not a matter of Eastern vs Western views

It felt like they were trying to mimic what made Haruhi and Lucky Star so memorable.

I thought the songs were pretty average. There's nothing near the level of Mizuki Nana or Shimotsuki Haruka, and it's hard to really cheer the characters on their goal if you don't like the songs in the first place.

It doesn't help when the seiyuus have the (very wrong) idea that high voice = cute.

Now if only KyoAni can get the hint that the majority wants a Little Busters anime more than a 2nd K-On
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:They are fine with the idea of buying Zange-chan for 100 yen, but mention of Nagi having a past relationship (maybe) and the otaku rage. :roll:
shhh you don't want to name names.
ben1234 wrote:Now if only KyoAni can get the hint that the majority wants a Little Busters anime more than a 2nd K-On
well i rather wait for little busters be translated 1st before it becomes an anime. I wouldn't want a repeat what happen with clannad (how wasn't done translating before the anime showed, not that the anime wasn't awesome or anything.)

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:They are fine with the idea of buying Zange-chan for 100 yen, but mention of Nagi having a past relationship (maybe) and the otaku rage. :roll:

SO true.
Iznogoud
Astral Realm

Post by Iznogoud »

Why do people think that K-ON is a music anime ?
One look at the manga and everyone could have tell that music is irrelevant.

Do you people think that the literature club is the main story in Haruhi ?

Return to “Animes”