Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Densetsu no Yusha no Densetsu, a light novel series is getting animated!

I read on a thread on myanimelist.net, and they were like bad-mouthing it despite not knowing its greatness, so i decided to make this little thread about it.

This series is based off a light novel series, one which i have enjoyed greatly. The story revolves around a guy, Ryuto Raina, who is very special in many ways. Namely, he sleeps. He sleeps a lot. As the sun is out, he would say "wow, what a great weather, best time to sleep." If the moon is out, he would say "Its getting late, time to sleep." If it rains he would say "wow, cooling, nice to sleep."

Ryuto Raina came from a military facility, made to raise killing machines, and he was top of the cream in there. Yet, he is not cold-blooded. During his days in school, he slept his way through, but was bugged by a beautiful girl, who was on the other hand, excelling in her grades.(He did poorly, of course, since he slept and slept and slept). A silver haired prince came to invite them to join his party, in hopes of strengthening his powers to eventually change his country. However, things went haywire eventually, only to reveal Ryuto Raina's true identity... Bearer of accursed eyes.(Consider it something like Sasuke's eyes in Naruto) He can learn to use any magic that he sees with those eyes of his. Furthermore, when he was tortured, his friends suffering before him, he began to reveal another unexpected change. His eyes turned him into a monster, a monster that destroyed everything before him, all but two other survivors...

As a monster, he was to be kept somewhere safe, so that the king will not worry about him. And in return, he was granted one wish, any wish. He then wished to trade his own freedom, for another's...

Years later, the prince that survived the ordeal became emperor, and came to visit Ryuto in his prison. When he arrived, Ryuto was sleeping, and he noticed that Ryuto despite his sleep, did not spend his time in vain. He wrote a report about legendary items of different countries, and thought about how it can actually lead to a peaceful world, or at least, no one would want to wage war against bearers of these items. The title of the report? "How to create a napping kingdom" (Naps, afternoon naps)

And his report had one paragraph, that touched the king, and me, and anyone that read the novel/paragraph, be it in the story, or in real life...

Heres a rough translation...
Spoiler! :
Noone likes death.
Nor killing.
Nor crying helplessly, or crying without reason.
How does it feel to not be able to choose one's life?
How does you feel when your family die?
And how do you feel, when the one you love dies?
Noone wants to face these kinds of things, yet why is this world still smiling as it greedily seeks such meaningless sorrow?
Never considered to force anything to change, yet, without changes, there is bound to be sorrows, and I don't want to lose anything anymore......
It is troublesome to say this, but......
It is time to move forward. In the past, we have always refused to look at this problem, but, if necessary, why not look at our past!
At the same time------
For a world where noone or anything would be lost.
A beautiful world where that girl, Himefa will not cry, Taiya and Tony, Lufa would not die, Xion will not be in a dilemma.
Towards a world where everyone smiles, and just sleeps from morning to night.

Ryuto Raina
[Sorry... I cant bring the artistic-ness and emotions within the paragraph that well, which is why i never attempted the translation of this novel]

You may think that this is just a normal fighting story, but no it is not. In the novel, the prince who became king, wanted to make Ryuto's dream a reality, but is burdened by the cold reality at the same time. No one can save everyone. As king, he needs to decide who should live, who should die. He has to constantly weigh the two sides of his balance, to see which side he must sacrifice, yet he, as a greedy human, strives to save as many as he can. Dreams do not become reality, yet he never stops dreaming of the day it does...

A story of comedy, yet with reality and seriousness. Pains and the strength to move on. Simple ideas, and complex relationships. A very good blend and story. I sincerely hope the anime can bring out its goodness...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Re: Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu

Post by Assassin »

I'd rather see it in physical form accompanied with text rather than just text. Any helpings?

EDIT: Never mind that, I decided to look for the said MAL thread by myself and, I guess I should wait for more news to come, I suppose....
Last edited by Assassin on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

the king sounds like me lol. Yeah that was pretty sweet though a bit awkward translation.

doesn't this king sounds
Spoiler! :
like Saber from F S/N? You know how as a king she tried to raised as little causalities as possible and win the wars. But her servants think she is heartless and not care about her sacrficed subject so her niece wage war against her?
I wish i remember this great quote. is something like human evolved this and that so should be able to evolve out of war.

baka baka baka
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

More like Shiro, I would say. Trying to save everyone and whatnot.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i think more in line that Shiro doesn't value his life as much as he wants to save people's live.
Spoiler! :
also he personally just don't want anyone to suffer through that fire incident or anything equivalent so wants to prevents that.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

Well, kinda... except that he is king, and he MUST send his army into battle. No, he does not have immortal soldiers, and most of his soldiers would die against legendary items and their users etc... He is virtually immortal in his kingdom though, since there is an insane warrior at his kingdom that deems as his bodyguard.(One that is not even seen if he does not want to be seen, even if he IS there, a true monster) In a way, hes quite similar, he rarely sleeps, and was heavily burdened by the deaths of those capable men around him. But he still needs to deal with internal affairs, external issues, and find the time to make fun of Ryuto Raina. Hes one busy man. He sits at his desk half the day, unlike saber or shiro.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

but still you call him selfish.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

I don't think I called him selfish, but he might be, because he needs to be. He needs to be a perfect king before he is himself. He was forced into some decisions despite him knowing that he doesnt want to. He was known as the perfect king, but we all know no one is perfect, yet he must live up to his name. So he suffers greatly.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

so don't called him and judge him selfish you meany! he's only a fictional character so don't give him so much pressure! how can he defend himself against someone with the likes of you from another dimension!

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

b0mb3r wrote:so don't called him and judge him selfish you meany! he's only a fictional character so don't give him so much pressure! how can he defend himself against someone with the likes of you from another dimension!
As any other fictional character would be defended - by another "troll"... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i want my troll to be a anime, beautiful girl. :wink:

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

b0mb3r wrote:i want my troll to be a anime, beautiful girl. :wink:
This story has one of the most emotionless beauty, the cutest and cheekiest girl, and the saddest beauty in it.

Emotionless beauty:
Spoiler! :
Emotionless beauty: Overly powered, so strong she can probably slice Ryuto if she wants to. Travels with him, but was actually forced to. Eventually seems to be attached to him emotionally, as he is one of the rare friends she has. Has power and might that covers up for her lack of magic, though with her, magic almost seems redundant. Her first appearance was appearance by the moonlight, and anyone who sees her are quite charmed, despite her lack of emotions.
The cute and cheeky girl:
Spoiler! :
Came from the same institution as Ryuto. Gave up on her life then, only to have Ryuto, the cold-blooded killing machine, save her. Ryuto's words then touched her, and she then struggled to live on, no matter how painful it gets. Made a promise with Ryuto to get married back at the institution, but Ryuto doesnt seem to recall about it? Personally I think she would end up with the king. Her cuteness is from her childishness and frankness. For example, on the first day of her duties, she came in and repotted. I mean reported for duty, bit-ting her own tongue while at it. Charmed her future sub-ordinates instantly. Would even cry in joy just to have her first breakfast with her new sub-ordinates. Dares to sink herself in her thoughts right before her superior, and while making a report. Lovely, don't you think?
The saddest beauty:
Spoiler! :
The traitor, as you will probably find out soon enough. Elder sister brutally murdered, younger sister was taken as hostage and killed, despite her working for the country that enslaved her. Eventually was saved by Ryuto, and swears to find out the truth behind his eyes, and save him from the dark misery he is in. According to the turn of events, she probably will end up as queen of the opposing country.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

shadow you always make me excited for these novels.

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

There are too many Densetsu's in the title, and as with any form of media that contains repetition in the title, I am wary of it having any merit.
ShadowZeroHeart

Rectifier wrote:There are too many Densetsu's in the title, and as with any form of media that contains repetition in the title, I am wary of it having any merit.
The novel was good, but I cannot promise anything in the anime. The unique story is about the laziness of the protagonist and his interactions with the people around him, an attempt for him to run away from reality, as he bears those accursed eyes, that, if went on berserk, would make him kill anything around him. People consider people like him outcasts, and does cruel things to him and his kind... Despite how the king tries to accept him as a dear friend, his "king" identity does not allow it. Even so, the kind Ryuto does his best to survive in this world to the best he could, despite all the miseries he suffered, thus he wrote that report, in hopes of a world where everyone can just nap in peace, even him.
Spoiler! :
In one volume, when they were approached by another bearer of the accursed eyes, the king came to their aid. The new bearer invites Ryuto to join them, as the world does not accept their kind, and the king shouts "Don't say that, Ryuto isn't the same as you mons..." and kept silent. Yet anyone could understand what he meant, that despite him treating Ryuto as his friend, all bearers of those eyes are still dangerous and monsters to him. And Ryuto leaves with the new bearer, away from his dear friends, as he knows that perhaps one day he would kill those close to him.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Animes”