Ore no Imouto

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Ore no Imouto

Post by b0mb3r »

This anime as a whole was enjoyable. Not like the best thing ever happen type of anime but it is generally takes the anime industry towards a different direction. Good or bad I do not know but I like the gradual feeling of it. My few complaints is a little Kirino too tsun and not enough dere. I felt that even I know she is dishonest, she can act like a "b*tch". (not "is," act) But overall is fun. One small questions for you guys.

Now we got the "Good Ending" of this show and we'll get the True Ending. Does this happen in the novel at all? Which follows the novel here? Or is the true ending just a fanservice of potential wincest?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Ore no Imouto

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, given that the light novels are still ongoing, I am hoping for another season or something of the sort within the next few years.
Spoiler! :
Kuroneko's comment about calling Kyousuke something else has me curious, and the light novel translation here is still far away from where the anime left off.
On another note, I have never seen so much fan buzz over a series since, what, SHnY or Code Geass?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

b0mb3r wrote:This anime as a whole was enjoyable. Not like the best thing ever happen type of anime but it is generally takes the anime industry towards a different direction. Good or bad I do not know but I like the gradual feeling of it. My few complaints is a little Kirino too tsun and not enough dere. I felt that even I know she is dishonest, she can act like a "b*tch". (not "is," act) But overall is fun. One small questions for you guys.

Now we got the "Good Ending" of this show and we'll get the True Ending. Does this happen in the novel at all? Which follows the novel here? Or is the true ending just a fanservice of potential wincest?
The ending is not out yet, but the way the novel ends per volume is always tempting you to find out more... And in the novel, I feel that she is even more tsun than the anime, probably because you don't see so much of her expressions and blushings etc etc. Personally, i prefer the novel version, since it seems strange for her to really fall in love with her brother, which seems to be the norm for both the manga and anime. In the novel, it is not as obvious, though there are quite some indications of that. Though there are parts I really can't agree with, especially with some of the things Kyousuke does...
Spoiler! :
I can't understand why he would, while cheering Kirino on, suddenly begin to claim/admit himself as a sis-con, just to cheer her on while shes running... Does he really think that that would speed her up in any way? Besides, is he really in love with such a sister? He might be better off going into the MM! series then, there is a mother and an elder sister that would love him, he shld consider a series change.
ainsoph9 wrote:Well, given that the light novels are still ongoing, I am hoping for another season or something of the sort within the next few years.
Spoiler! :
Kuroneko's comment about calling Kyousuke something else has me curious, and the light novel translation here is still far away from where the anime left off.
From the way they ended it, it is likely for a sequel, though some elements are removed, since Kirino never went to US, but they can find ways around it if they so wish...

I replied on the other imouto thread, so here goes nothing:
Spoiler! :
Kuroneko goes to Kyousuke's school, so she calls him senpai from then on. It may also imply "Stop treating me as your sister, I am not blood-related *hint* *hint*" if you so wish to decipher the message in that manner.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Spoiler! :
I was actually thinking that a dating relationship was somewhat of a possibility in a sense. I do not know why, but I can kind of see that "flag."
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ainsoph9 wrote:
Spoiler! :
I was actually thinking that a dating relationship was somewhat of a possibility in a sense. I do not know why, but I can kind of see that "flag."
There was?
Spoiler! :
Kuroneko asked Kyousuke out "to discuss something", but he was troubled by his sister's SMS. When Kuroneko noticed, she kept whatever she wanted to say to herself, and urged him to go find his sister. She also kissed him and commented that she "loves him as much as his sister does". She was also angry when Kyousuke treated her as if she is his sister, probably due to her wanting him to treat her as a female, rather than a sister. However, ever since Kirino is back, the "flag" seems to be buried under the sand... The sand of "imouto-love" I believe. Personally I prefer Kuroneko to Kirino anytime.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Agreed. Kuroneko is more interesting and seemingly not as nearly as shallow as Kirino.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

somehow - and i really think its not just me who's felt this - in every romance anime there usually is a lesser heroine that is more favored than the leading lady.. i know there are all sorts of reasons, but hey, its still a mystery..

SHnY's Yuki and DC's Kotori to name a few..

besides, KuronekoXKyousuke can actually happen, without there being too much of a negative effect to kyousuke's and kirino's sibling relationship
NOTE: not the incestuous kind, mind you siscon out there.. though that kind of life counseling wouldn't look bad, leave it to doujins 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

That is one problem I have with doujin art is that they tend to ruin the original essence of the characters to make its delusions come to life. For example, there is really no good reason to ruin Ah! Megami-sama, except for someone's wild imagination.

In any case, I do wonder what it is with the recent uprising of yuri, yaoi, lolicon, shotacon, incestuous, etc. kinds of anime. It seems to really have come out from being underground within the last decade or so.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

you could say its a manifestation of the industry's movers and shakers being a bit more radical, if you will.. on the other hand, it could also be that the industry is becoming more and more desperate to make manga/anime/games/LN sell that they begin a runaway trend of dependence on previously 'underground' genres..

back then, as in utena, slayers, evangelion then, the fans would have had to make do with fan-made renditions of their favorite poisons.. now it seems the industry tailors to our desires.. sure in the short run it makes viewers happy, but there will always be those select few who'd wish for more quality in their "poisons", i.e. series to grow up with and be indefinitely fond of, not be helpless viewers of temporary pick-me-ups.. :wink:
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Agreed. At the rate things are going, I can see a grave marking for anime right next to Disney and Looney Tunes. :cry:
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

ainsoph9 wrote:Agreed. At the rate things are going, I can see a grave marking for anime right next to Disney and Looney Tunes. :cry:
Disney is still alive...

They just make live-action reality shows :twisted:
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It might as well be dead to me. Besides, they are just awful in general.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

iCarly by Nickelodeon isnt that bad.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, I am glad you enjoy it, but just will not and cannot watch it (no TV on purpose). :)
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

ainsoph9 wrote:Well, I am glad you enjoy it, but just will not and cannot watch it (no TV on purpose). :)
Lmao, alright then.

Return to “Animes”