Heaven's Memo Pad (Kami-sama no Memo-chō)

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Heaven's Memo Pad (Kami-sama no Memo-chō)

Post by Mystes »

Expect more ranting in this topic...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Heaven's Memo Pad (Kami-sama no Memo-chō)

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, for the haters, they are finally explaining why Narumi is Alice's assistant for starters...
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ainsoph9 wrote:Well, for the haters, they are finally explaining why Narumi is Alice's assistant for starters...
The sequence is so wrong, its impossible to piece things up by now...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Actually, the fact that Ayaka's arc is in the last part makes the progression messed up. If Ayaka's arc was in the first episodes, you could see a developpment from Narumi to Alice. However, tha Ayaka arc kinda messed it up.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:Actually, the fact that Ayaka's arc is in the last part makes the progression messed up. If Ayaka's arc was in the first episodes, you could see a developpment from Narumi to Alice. However, tha Ayaka arc kinda messed it up.
You simply mean that Ayaka's arc should be placed first... Not that Ayaka arc messed it up... You almost sound like its Ayaka's arc thats making this series so bad, but its just the poor sequencing if you ask me. They probably wanted to let the audience know more about Ayaka to create more of an impact, but failed miserably.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:You simply mean that Ayaka's arc should be placed first... Not that Ayaka arc messed it up... You almost sound like its Ayaka's arc thats making this series so bad, but its just the poor sequencing if you ask me. They probably wanted to let the audience know more about Ayaka to create more of an impact, but failed miserably.
Well, at least they know Ayaka as a main character, instead of a 'character who suddenly barged in and didn't have any impact'.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I am just confused why the decided that this was the "best" order for the episodes. Did the books come out in this order by any chance? I still do not understand Narumi's and Alice's "developing" relationship, which has caused much of Alice's sudden tsundere behavior.
Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Post by Veruz »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
kira0802 wrote:Actually, the fact that Ayaka's arc is in the last part makes the progression messed up. If Ayaka's arc was in the first episodes, you could see a developpment from Narumi to Alice. However, tha Ayaka arc kinda messed it up.
You simply mean that Ayaka's arc should be placed first... Not that Ayaka arc messed it up... You almost sound like its Ayaka's arc thats making this series so bad, but its just the poor sequencing if you ask me. They probably wanted to let the audience know more about Ayaka to create more of an impact, but failed miserably.
kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:You simply mean that Ayaka's arc should be placed first... Not that Ayaka arc messed it up... You almost sound like its Ayaka's arc thats making this series so bad, but its just the poor sequencing if you ask me. They probably wanted to let the audience know more about Ayaka to create more of an impact, but failed miserably.
Well, at least they know Ayaka as a main character, instead of a 'character who suddenly barged in and didn't have any impact'.
Point taken from both of you. They seemingly wanted to build up how important Ayaka is to the storyline so that her arc has more of an impact. Sure, its better do have a character have some screen time and involvement before sending them to the slaughter - But I agree with ShadowZeroHeart that by doing this they messed up the flow of the entire story. Things would have made much more sense if they kept the order in the books (from what I understand at least).

Also, to me it looks very much like they pooled all their resources into the three-episode-Arc while really leaving the rest of the series with a "meh" feeling. Sure, a bombastic end is always good to have, but cutting at the wrong places leaves a bad taste afterwards in my opinion.

All that is left is patience and prayers so we can read some quality story without the unneeded interference of anime producers.

P.S.: I could get used to posting in these forums xD~
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:I am just confused why the decided that this was the "best" order for the episodes. Did the books come out in this order by any chance? I still do not understand Narumi's and Alice's "developing" relationship, which has caused much of Alice's sudden tsundere behavior.
Technically, the last arc was the first volume, which has triggered Narumi's 'allegience' to Alice. Then, she wakes up, like, in Volume 3 or 4, which JC skipped.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:I am just confused why the decided that this was the "best" order for the episodes. Did the books come out in this order by any chance? I still do not understand Narumi's and Alice's "developing" relationship, which has caused much of Alice's sudden tsundere behavior.
Technically, the last arc was the first volume, which has triggered Narumi's 'allegience' to Alice. Then, she wakes up, like, in Volume 3 or 4, which JC skipped.
Vol2 if I recall, at the very end. Vol3 is about Narumi trying to keep their little home.
kira0802 wrote:
She should just be a character that barged in. Its because she barged in that drew us to her in the novel. Because you have yet to have enough time to get to know all about her, thus her actions and results makes you wonder, and leading to that final relationship between all of them.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

kira0802 wrote:Technically, the last arc was the first volume, which has triggered Narumi's 'allegience' to Alice. Then, she wakes up, like, in Volume 3 or 4, which JC skipped.
That sounds like a lousy excuse for an OVA or something.
ShadowZeroHeart

ainsoph9 wrote:
kira0802 wrote:Technically, the last arc was the first volume, which has triggered Narumi's 'allegience' to Alice. Then, she wakes up, like, in Volume 3 or 4, which JC skipped.
That sounds like a lousy excuse for an OVA or something.
It was supposed to happen after the laundering incident, but it has already happened, so yeah, probably an OVA, if not a second season. but considering how BAD it was, lets hope they just kill the idea.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

The end really leaves much to be desired. It really screams "one more season or an OVA."
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I scream 'one more season'.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

"Hey everyone, did you know that kira screams like a little girl for 'Kami-sama no Memo-chou?'" :roll:

Return to “Animes”