Mawaru Penguin Drum [Spoilers]

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mawaru Penguin Drum [Spoilers]

Post by hobogunner »

That is the basis of the show, if you think about it too much, it's really weird.
Spoiler! :
Although all the doujins tagged incest for Penguindrum need to have that tag removed.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, if she is adopted into the family, which the anime just stops short of saying in so many words, she is their sister. Hence, by all means, it would and should be counted as incest, despite them not being genetically related.

The whole thing now about them being "strangers" just comes off as emo to me at best and total bull at worst. It is obvious that their train of thought is quite dysfunctional, especially when it comes down to "sin" and family. The Japanese concept of guilt as presented in anime makes no sense as far as I am concerned because nobody should ever be judged for the sins of the father or the sins of the son, etc. You are responsible for yourself only as far as sinning goes. Putting this into family, all of the characters need to stop kicking themselves for things they did not do or could really do anything about at the time. I understand that they are ashamed, but that does not mean that they are guilty of anything. If they are guilty of anything, it would be living in self-exile, self-pity, and wallowing in misery and pain more than need be. I know that sounds cruel, but mourning over something like this does nobody, not even the deceased, any good.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Spoiler! :
I believe you meant wincest. :roll:
Dunno, more to come when the show ends.
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
j112
Project Translator

Post by j112 »

what is this show even about? if you dont mind me asking
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Not at all, the premise is about fate. and how certain lives affect another. (It is really hard to explain past that, without spoiling.)

It is certainly worth watching, if you want to watch it.
j112
Project Translator

Post by j112 »

eventually if i ever find time, sounds kindof bad considering all my time now is devoted to stopping the urge to take a hammer and smash my modem
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

:lol: I've been there.

I'm sure A-kun will give better details than I, I'm really bad about spoiling shows when people ask about them.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

:roll: How about just going to Anime News Network or something? :roll:
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Finally finished the series, and I feel as though this song:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
Pretty good, felt like that ending was slightly surprising, but to be fair I wish it ended about episode 18? Started dragging, and filled my mouth with a bittersweet taste.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I think that bittersweet taste is part of the point.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Just finished the show and all I can say is....WHAT?!!
Spoiler! :
Okay this one of those shows that is surreal, multi-layer, abstract show I've seen. Is not even one of those shows where I will scream plot-holes and unanswered questions. This show felt like an incompleted painting that needs to be interpreted but under what context? I mean I understand alot of the symbolism but this shows is very confusing.

Somebody elaborate the ending for me? All I get the gist was the cage the brothers were in were selves and they ate the fruit of fate to live. Why does this cause the spiral of chaos and why were the brothers even in those states the 1st place? I mean i think is metaphysically presented as I don't think they were in the child broiler but still what came of it? Is it irrelevant to ask? So basically when shoma ripped his heart/fruit out of his body, himi gave it to kanda but he returns the whole fruit to her back for her to live. Um again fruit just symbolize but why are kanda and shoma punished? Their parent's sins? I also forgotten why Kanda left to stay with the adoptive family and what happen to his father? Argg.

baka baka baka
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Spoiler! :
Here's my take:

Basically, the child boiler is for 'unwanted [unloved]' children. The "apple" represented love. The overarching thing with Momoka and whatnot is that she loved everyone, so she could make fate whatever she wanted, so long as X felt loved, even if it cost part of herself. Shouma and Kamba messed around with fate, by becoming brothers along with Himari, and thus the curse was put onto them, that their parents had. They sacrificed themselves at the end, such that the curse would no longer be there, Ringo was saved by Shouma, Kamba saved Himari by showing that they all loved each other.

If I confused you more, please ask more, I'm just giving my take of it, the show was basically over the power of Love.

Return to “Animes”