what's up with sos-dan site?

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

what's up with sos-dan site?

Post by wedgejaeger »

the sos-dan site has the same screen as that asosbrigade site

http://sos-dan.com/

http://asosbrigade.com/

I remember some rumors going around about the asosbrigade.com site, but now sos-dan has the same image.

Thoughts?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

licencing signs...

i think everyone should make a backup of all the chapters available, i've got a feeling a US publisher might announce the tearful words we all fear....

:cry:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Itachi-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Itachi-chan »

onizuka-gto wrote:....
licencing signs...

i think everyone should make a backup of all the chapters available, i've got a feeling a US publisher might announce the tearful words we all fear....

But if they license just the DVDs then the translation of the novels will need to stop?
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

Perhaps this is a website consolidation and not licensing problems?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

If they only get license for the anime show, yeah sure we'll be able to continue. But if they get rights for manga, anime, and novel then all translation activity will stop. I don't know that much about law or whatever so don't take my word for it.
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

What about the existing translation? Will that need to be removed?
And if they only lisence, say, the first four novels, would translation be allowed to continue on the later volumes?
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

Well... the licensing is to be expected anyway. I'll go backup all chapters now. Hope someone bungles up the paperwork.

EDIT: Could novels 4 and 5 be made into pdfs as well =P

EDIT 2: Picked this off their source code:

Code: Select all

<!-- It is coming soon Haruhiism forever North America -->

EDIT 3: Even the sos-dan wiki is changed to the logo.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I kind of expected this, but never thought it would be so soon. I've already made my backups.

If the Shana novels can be licensed, then there's a possibility that the Haruhi novels will get licensed.

OnizukaGTO, why don't you go notify the other translators concerning TLG's stance that you told me in our PM? Then they'll have an idea of what to expect.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

onizuka-gto wrote:....
licencing signs...

I was worried about this happening.... it'll take years to read through volume 8 now. :(

So close too....
GrimaH
Astral Realm

Post by GrimaH »

It's a Myspace blog.
Aaaand an amateur video.
And news that Haruhi's ben licensed in North America.

Hokay.....
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

GrimaH wrote:......................
It's a Myspace blog.
Aaaand an amateur video.
And news that Haruhi's ben licensed in North America.

Hokay.....
The anime is licensed by Bandai that is, but they made no mention concerning the novels. It is common for different mediums of the same series title (anime/manga/novel) to be licensed separately.

So unless they clarify that, the translated chapters here will get some breathing space for now, but I expect some publisher to come up with the announcement in due time.
shiratoriryuuko
Astral Realm

Post by shiratoriryuuko »

well, I think that the novel is a case of ... wait for the Haruhi's bull of cease and desist to fall through? Kadokawa Pictures USA has all the rights...
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Will you guys keep working until you get an official Cease or Desist, or will the project end once the announcement of the books come in?
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Did you know that the site dissappeared mysterously on 12/18? And little by little things were added over 3 days. Its teh way Kyoto Animation is telling the fans about a second season.

Though i can't believe bandai licensed Haruhi.
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

guess we'll have to start translating "underground", putting it secretly in source code or something crazy like that... being all shifty. 8)

Return to “Animes”