The Big List of Anime

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The Big List of Anime

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

No scantalations of Master Keaton so looks like I'm stuck with grabbing the anime for now. That manga sounds familiar. I know I've heard about that in the past 2 weeks, but not sure from where.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

Name: Lovely Complex
Genre: Romantic, comedy, School Life
Rating: 8/10

Summary:
Lovely Complex is a love story between a boy and a girl. The girl, Risa Koizumi, is 172 cm (5'7") tall—much taller than the average Japanese girl. The boy, Atsushi Otani, is 156 cm (5'1 and a half") —way below the height of the average Japanese boy. Because of this, they are called the "All Hanshin Kyojin" after a popular comedy duo that has a similar height difference.

During summer school, a very tall student (from another class) shows up and Risa immediately falls for him, as she has had bad luck with boys in the past because she is tall. There is a girl that Atsushi likes as well, so Risa and Atsushi decide to put aside their differences and help each other get their love interests. But as they get to know each other better, Risa's feelings for Atsushi begin to blossom, and her love life gets complicated from there. taken from wikipedia as I'm too damn lazy to write it myself 8)
Thoughts: Well, I have to say that I liked this series, even though it is your standard romance anime. the characters are funny, and I have to say, those facial expressions the make, well...let's just say that some of those made my day shall we? :). anyways...worth spending time seeing in my opinion :)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Turn A Gundam
Genres: Giant robots and stuff
10/10

Summary: Think Gundam, but set in World War I and "aliens" from the moon. Then throw in some mysterious giant robots that can wipe out humanity several times.

Thoughts: Take some random Gundam series, kill off 99.99% of the emos, then replace them with life like characters and a great plot and you'll have Turn A. Sure, the mechs look crap, but it doesn't matter since we'll probably never see a Gundam show this good.
Last edited by ben1234 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I could have sworn that Turn A was rated to be the worst Gundam ever. :? Maybe I'll think about looking in to watching it again. I swear if it turns out anywhere near as bad as G Gundam I'll hurt you.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

You want bad?

Try this
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I could have sworn that Turn A was rated to be the worst Gundam ever. :? Maybe I'll think about looking in to watching it again. I swear if it turns out anywhere near as bad as G Gundam I'll hurt you.
but dude i love g-gundam. to me it seems to have alot of diversity. i guess the best reason i like it since is the only gundam i ever watch with my friends. everything else like the orginal gundam, o8 ms team, wing, seed, they haven't seen. is cause we love to imitate the gundam lol

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I could have sworn that Turn A was rated to be the worst Gundam ever. :? Maybe I'll think about looking in to watching it again. I swear if it turns out anywhere near as bad as G Gundam I'll hurt you.
but dude i love g-gundam. to me it seems to have alot of diversity. i guess the best reason i like it since is the only gundam i ever watch with my friends. everything else like the orginal gundam, o8 ms team, wing, seed, they haven't seen. is cause we love to imitate the gundam lol
G gundam was the best. Hand of God indeed.

Seeing a gundam with a bearskin hat of the royal palace guards won that series for me.

well, that and tentacle monster gundam. :)
:twisted:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

onizuka-gto wrote:
b0mb3r wrote: but dude i love g-gundam. to me it seems to have alot of diversity. i guess the best reason i like it since is the only gundam i ever watch with my friends. everything else like the orginal gundam, o8 ms team, wing, seed, they haven't seen. is cause we love to imitate the gundam lol
G gundam was the best. Hand of God indeed.

Seeing a gundam with a bearskin hat of the royal palace guards won that series for me.

well, that and tentacle monster gundam. :)
:twisted:
he he tentacle.

baka baka baka
Mies
Astral Realm

Post by Mies »

It's not "bad" per se, but it's certainly different from your classic Gundam title. I recommend you go after it under the thought that it's not a "gundam" anime, but as a mecha anime. I quite enjoyed it because it was different and more plot-centric.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Since I'm not hurt (yet) I'll assume TGM didn't think Turn A was as bad as G. 8)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Haha I kinda forgot about Turn A, and G Gundam is still the worst Gundam evar. I mean seriously, Neo Mexico was a space sombrero, Canada had the Lumberjack Gundam, and America's Gundam was decked out in sports gear?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Haha I kinda forgot about Turn A, and G Gundam is still the worst Gundam evar. I mean seriously, Neo Mexico was a space sombrero, Canada had the Lumberjack Gundam, and America's Gundam was decked out in sports gear?
Metal Gear Sound !

i disagree with you. if you grew up with toonami like me and hear the outrageous dubs of it, it became the best garsome gundam series ever!

MASTER ASIA!

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

b0mb3r wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Haha I kinda forgot about Turn A, and G Gundam is still the worst Gundam evar. I mean seriously, Neo Mexico was a space sombrero, Canada had the Lumberjack Gundam, and America's Gundam was decked out in sports gear?
Metal Gear Sound !

i disagree with you. if you grew up with toonami like me and hear the outrageous dubs of it, it became the best garsome gundam series ever!

MASTER ASIA!
I first experienced this series through Toonami. :? My opinion stands.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I first experienced this series through Toonami. :? My opinion stands.
then can we agree the 08 MS Team the best realistic gundam series?

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I have stated on this forum many times already that 08th MS Team is one of the best damn animes evar! 8)

Return to “Animes”