The Big List of Anime

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: The Big List of Anime

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I have stated on this forum many times already that 08th MS Team is one of the best damn animes evar! 8)
BANZAI! Than

baka baka baka
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

well i just finished Shikabane Hime for my zombie anime of the week thing. while i love the animation and character design, i did find the story inconsistent at times and wasteful and there is lack of substance in character development. my biggest problem is the ending. one of the worst ending i seen. what anime left you hanging? i wanted to watch macross frontier but after finishing basqaush awhile back which has a bad ending too, they mention it was like that too. should i watch it anyway? damn studio with good animations has lack of stories. jeez.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

b0mb3r wrote:well i just finished Shikabane Hime for my zombie anime of the week thing. while i love the animation and character design, i did find the story inconsistent at times and wasteful and there is lack of substance in character development. my biggest problem is the ending. one of the worst ending i seen. what anime left you hanging? i wanted to watch macross frontier but after finishing basqaush awhile back which has a bad ending too, they mention it was like that too. should i watch it anyway? damn studio with good animations has lack of stories. jeez.
How was the ending like? I didnt watch the anime, but i do read the manga, so i am curious.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:well i just finished Shikabane Hime for my zombie anime of the week thing. while i love the animation and character design, i did find the story inconsistent at times and wasteful and there is lack of substance in character development. my biggest problem is the ending. one of the worst ending i seen. what anime left you hanging? i wanted to watch macross frontier but after finishing basqaush awhile back which has a bad ending too, they mention it was like that too. should i watch it anyway? damn studio with good animations has lack of stories. jeez.
How was the ending like? I didnt watch the anime, but i do read the manga, so i am curious.
Spoiler! :
basically it ended in the middle of the main girl punching the main baddies girl

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

Sorry? I dont quite get you...

WHAT KINDA ENDING IS THAT!?!?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Sorry? I dont quite get you...

Let me Repeat
Spoiler! :
IT ENDED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCESS OF HER PUNCHING THE MAIN BADDY!

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Sorry? I dont quite get you...

Let me Repeat
Spoiler! :
IT ENDED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCESS OF HER PUNCHING THE MAIN BADDY!

which anime? Macross Frontier?

All I remember of that ending, was the epic music! :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Apparently, it's Shikabane Hime
ShadowZeroHeart

Seriously, a three year old would know a better ending than that... Even if its not a "happily ever after", AT LEAST LET IT END PROPERLY!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Seriously, a three year old would know a better ending than that... Even if its not a "happily ever after", AT LEAST LET IT END PROPERLY!!
... I still can't get it till now.

... What studio did this?
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Gainax
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ben1234 wrote:Gainax

typical..... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Really? If I didn't know any better, I'd say GONZO and their horrible, horrible record with endings had secretly produced the thing

Or it could be Bee Train, pulling off a prototype to the epic fail ending in Phantom Requiem
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Forgot if I did this one, but whatever

And before you ask: Yes, it's a Gainax

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai)
Genres: action, (overused) comedy, (wasted) drama, romance, science fiction. (unneeded) ecchi
Rating: 6/10

Summary: High school student Takeru Takemoto works part time as a (motor)bike courier. During one of his deliveries, he saw a mysterious light passing him and fell into a forest. What he had found was a beautiful girl coming out from a glowing cocoon, calling herself "Hikari." While Takeru was quite embarrassed because of Hikari's nudity, a strange monster suddenly showed up and immediately attacked the two. Both Takeru and Hikari demonstrated the power of their other selves before Takeru had a clue of what's going on.

Thoughts: KonoMimi is probably one of the best cases of when a show's producer can't decide to pick between comedy and drama. To put it simply, it's like taking Love Hina and combing it with Saikano. In theory, this combination might work with the right staff and studio, but it'll turn a mid-low budget series into oil and water - it just won't mix. Truthfully, the story is very interesting and the idea is there: The search for something beautiful in an ugly world. Yet the series fails to just focus on the drama aspect, which is a shame. As aforementioned, in place of the ignored drama is comedy and ecchi. But the problem with comedy and ecchi is that it takes away much needed character development and is unable to lead into the darker plotline of the climax. Unfortunately, KonoMimi ended up as a show with lots of hidden potential. But with that said, you know a show is an epic fail when the only selling point is the story.

Note 1: I DID NOT hate KonoMimi and I am not sorry I watched through it
Note 2: The symbolism with the red butterflies was done very well
Note 3: The ending was nice and bittersweet, and it makes you hope all the character will be happy one day
Random note: Sharin no Kuni is epic and is finally translated! :D :D :D :D :D :D
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Eve no Jikan
Genres: SciFi, Androids, Daily Life
Rating: Epic/10
Torrent

Directed by Yoshiura Yasuhiro, who also worked on Pale Cocoon

Summary: In the not too distant future androids have come into common usage. Taking the androids for granted, humans treat them as if they were common everyday tools, while on the other hand, some people empathize with androids due to their human-like appearance (save for a digital ring floating above their heads). This has become a social problem and these people are frowned upon as a result. Rikuo, one who has taken androids for granted for his entire life, one day discovers that Sammy, his home android, has been acting strangely and finds a strange phrase recorded in her activity log. He, along with his friend Masaki, traces Sammy's footsteps and come upon an unusual cafe. This cafe's main rule is to not discriminate between humans and androids.

Thoughts: Eve no Jikan is easily one of the best OVAs of the year, and possibly a shoe-in for best Sci-Fi of the year. Each episode, while short, delivers a compelling experience to the viewer and by the end, will leave you wanting for more. You'll find yourself attached to the people in the cafe, despite their real identities as human or robot.

TO
Genres: Action, SciFi, Seinen
Rating: Fail/10

Summary: From the creators of Vexille 2077 comes a adaption of the sci-fi manga 2001 nights. This OVA adapts two of the short stories from the manga.

Thoughts: Terrible writing. Terrible pacing. Terrible director. Pretty spaceships

Return to “Animes”