kanon

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

madeintaiwan
Astral Realm

kanon

Post by madeintaiwan »

i've been wondering, what is all this 'kanon' about?? anything to do with suzumiya haruhi? and the yukixdan, whats that?
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

The Kanon you are referring to is a remake of an older anime based on an eroge game (adult dating sim).

It's the project Kyoto Animation, which animated Suzumiya Haruhi, is working on right now.

The reason why it's referred to so often here is because Kyoani took some liberties with Kanon's main character and made him uncannily similar to Kyon.

Dan is a pervert with a fetish for underage girls with purple bowl cut hair, glasses, and made of 100% integrated data. Oh, he's one of the older users on this forum :)

/super anti-Dan shield on~!
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Umiman wrote:Dan is a pervert with a fetish for underage girls with purple bowl cut hair, glasses, and made of 100% integrated data. Oh, he's one of the older users on this forum :)

/super anti-Dan shield on~!
It's not a fetish, I tell you I only have eyes for Yuki! And I think I perfer her without glasses.

/bashes through anti-Dan shield with anti-anti-Dan shield sword.

Edit: Also, when it's said that something is "canon", it means that it is universally accepted or that it was the author's offical stand on the subject. Following such reasoning, the Yuki X Dan pairing is offical. You're all invited to the wedding.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Umiman wrote:The reason why it's referred to so often here is because Kyoani took some liberties with Kanon's main character and made him uncannily similar to Kyon.
I read from ANN that all the Kyon references were just a coincidence.
ANN wrote:all the references to "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" which are stated above are incorrect. All the scenes, including the exact dialogue, are similar to the original game thus it would be unlikely that they are intentional references. Although it does make an ironic coincidence.

Source
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Dan wrote: It's not a fetish, I tell you I only have eyes for Yuki! And I think I perfer her without glasses.

/bashes through anti-Dan shield with anti-anti-Dan shield sword.

Edit: Also, when it's said that something is "canon", it means that it is universally accepted or that it was the author's offical stand on the subject. Following such reasoning, the Yuki X Dan pairing is offical. You're all invited to the wedding.
Oh excuses. Everyone knows that the moment Yuki grows a pair of jugs you'd lose your fawning and loving. =P

/counters anti-anti-Dan shield sword with anti-anti-anti-Dan shield sword death ray.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I bet she could grow em at will lol.

There are honestly WAY too many coincidences in Kanon <-> SHnY
I honestly don't think that these are coincidences...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

/iswearyoflolivisiontransformation
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I have moved the topic to a more appropriate location.

I've said it once in other forums, but I'll say it here as well.

Kyo-Ani Yuuichi's mannerism and behaviour is as true to the original game as one can get. It just so happens that Kyon is just as witty and sarcastic as well. Kyo-Ani were probably very impressed with Sugita Tomokazu - Kyon's seiyuu - that they commissioned him to take on the role of Yuuichi as well. The match was perfect.

Rather than calling Yuuichi a Kyon copy, it ought to be the other way round. Kanon was released in 1999 and pre-dates the Suzumiya Haruhi novels, first published in 2003.

If you like Kyo-Ani, then yes, this show is worth watching. But don't go expecting any actions (there's some, but for one girl only) or mindless fan-service harem, this is pure drama. If you treat this as a harem show, you will be disappointed.
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Kinny Riddle wrote:I have moved the topic to a more appropriate location.

I've said it once in other forums, but I'll say it here as well.

Kyo-Ani Yuuichi's mannerism and behaviour is as true to the original game as one can get. It just so happens that Kyon is just as witty and sarcastic as well. Kyo-Ani were probably very impressed with Sugita Tomokazu - Kyon's seiyuu - that they commissioned him to take on the role of Yuuichi as well. The match was perfect.

Rather than calling Yuuichi a Kyon copy, it ought to be the other way round. Kanon was released in 1999 and pre-dates the Suzumiya Haruhi novels, first published in 2003.

If you like Kyo-Ani, then yes, this show is worth watching. But don't go expecting any actions (there's some, but for one girl only) or mindless fan-service harem, this is pure drama. If you treat this as a harem show, you will be disappointed.
With my limited knowledge of anime, my first reaction was that it was as if 'Someday int he Rain' had gone wandering off by itself, Kyon goes shopping, is very cold, does mild flirting. Nothing really happens.

And I loved it!

Then it got wierd....

And I loved it more!
madeintaiwan
Astral Realm

Post by madeintaiwan »

there seems to be a lot of talk about harem anime. anyone know of the manga nagasarete airantou ながされて藍蘭島? very good manga, going to be anime adaption of it around april 2007
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Dude... I did a half assed review of Nagasasete in the manga thread.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Just watched Kanon 18, loved the episode. Probably one of the best episodes so far.

Anyone know if Shiori's arc ends here, or does it conclude next week? I'm kinda confused by the abrupt "Sayonara" at the end.

And as a side note:

I really need KyoAni to animate Higurashi. Seeing Shiori like this was just plain scary.
/me claws out throat and dies
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Spoiler! :
In the game, she comes back alive at the beginning of the school year (or so I heard/read) and I think she died at everyone else's route.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Spoiler! :
Hopefully KyoAni gives us a conclusion next week, even if it's a not-so-good one. I like Shiori a lot, but personally, I think that her dying in the show will prove to be more logical.
Oh and I really need that KyoAni Higurashi ;P
/me claws out throat and dies
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I hope KyoAni either makes a SHnY2 or a School Days anime after Lucky Star.
Spoiler! :
They'll probably reveal if she's alive or not at the end since they can't afford to ruin Ayu's ending.

Return to “Animes”