Baka Baka

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Baka Baka

Post by Beware the talking cat »

So, about I week ago, I decide I want to play Star Wars Knights of the old republic again, so I pop in the disk, install it, and start to play.

I got these horribly annoying "memory referenced blah blah etc etc could not be read" errors, and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong. I figured it was because it was vista, so I looked online and started running it as an administrator, since it's supposed to fix those problems. Didn't help. I checked the disk. Didn't seem scratched, but I cleaned it anyway. Didn't help. So I just kept playing, saving often to avoid the horrible errors. Unfortunately, the errors weren't entirely random. Sometimes it would happen on an unavoidable cutscene. So I had to find a way around the cutscene, or something different to do to somehow avoid the error. This worked for quite a while, but eventually it got so annoying, I went back to the internet to see if I could find the problem. First suggestion I found was to run a RAM checker, to make sure it works right. No errors. Next the error checking for the hard drive, to little surprise, no errors. Next was to try updating DirectX. Didn't make a difference; directx. Doesn't work. Finally, a post tells me to update my videocard drivers. Now, this was of course one of the first thing's I'd thought of, but when I got my computer, I'd checked to see if there was an update for the drivers, which there wasn't, so I figured that was the problem. But, at this point I was so desperate, I downloaded the current drivers again, and reinstalled them. And of course, it fixes it perfectly.

/sadness

At least my game is working now.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: Baka Baka

Post by Rectifier »

Memory reference errors usually indicate that you need to reboot, reinstall or rollback whatever it is you are using.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Baka Baka

Post by b0mb3r »

good thing my xbox still can play it

baka baka baka

Return to “Games & Computing”