Taking advantage of Megaupload Happy Hour Premium

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Taking advantage of Megaupload Happy Hour Premium

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I don't how many of you will already know this, but from 9PM-3AM Eastern Time, to US IP addresses, Megaupload offers free premium service.
The catch is, to do so, you have to install the Megaupload toolbar--essentially a piece of spyware.
However, the toolbar doesn't have to be active the entire time. It only has to be present once each time you want the premium service: once per day at the most.
The rest of the time, the toolbar can be isolated and disabled. Simply rename the program files folder to something else, and since it no longer knows where it is, it is essentially temporarily uninstalled.

While the toolbar is active, simply get online, go to Megaupload and press the "activate Happy Hour" button, upon which you will receive a notice of temporary premium service. Then exit the browser and disable the toolbar, and you're done: less than a minute with the toolbar actually active.

Mine isn't the most elegant approach, I'm sure, but it works fine.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Dan
Square Mage

Re: Taking advantage of Megaupload Happy Hour Premium

Post by Dan »

I'd just download from another service.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

They're trying to keep up with Rapidshare's initiative. Rapidshare started the free, happy hour thing a few months back and they're still at it. In fact, it's quite often that you'll get the Rapidshare happy hour and you don't have to download any of their software to take advantage of their stupidly fast speeds during that time.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Yeah, not having to download a program is a huge plus. Doesn't matter if Megaload copies something if they plan to screw it up.

Return to “Games & Computing”