Persona 4

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Persona 4

Post by Beware the talking cat »

That's how I am too. I really wish there was a Japanese track on it--I would especially think with the target audience for ATLUS games, they would be more likely to have such a track.

My guess is lack of space--adding another voice track might have pushed it over the disk's capacity.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ainsoph9 wrote:Unless they pull a Miyazaki-type of casting
I thought the dub for Mononoke was pretty shitty, myself. But that's just me.

P3 has a great English dub. Only problem is like only 10 people were hired for it.

Yuri Lowenthal voices like 4 characters. It's saddening. Of course, he's a great voice actor, so...
Beware the talking cat wrote:That's how I am too. I really wish there was a Japanese track on it--I would especially think with the target audience for ATLUS games, they would be more likely to have such a track.
You'd think that, but if you ever mention that "subs are better" on the GameFAQs Persona 4 board, prepare to be flamed to death. They're rabid dub-lovers. It's scary.
Beware the talking cat wrote: My guess is lack of space--adding another voice track might have pushed it over the disk's capacity.
And yeah, this. P3 barely fits on the disk as is.

Though I always use the English track unless the voice acting is really shitty, like in SC4.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

There's ways to get around the dubs.
1. Use emulator, download undub, play.
2. Hack PS2, burn undub, play.
3. Learn Japanese, buy Japanese PS2, buy Japanese P4, play.
4. Get friend who knows Japanese to sit next to you and translate the entire game, buy Japanese PS2, buy Japanese P4, play.

etc, etc.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, I could do all of those...but I just do not feel like going through the trouble of obtaining a Japanese PS2 and all. I will live. It is just that I would rather listen to say...Horie Yui over her English equivalent anyday of the week. Oh well. By the way, I reach the top of the first block. It is May 2nd I believe. I think I am taking too long to accomplish the goals I need to complete... :?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Pay attention to the quests Liz gives you, in particular the ones involving the Documents... the deadline for those is the day you should have reached the highest point you can get to for that month.

Once you get into the system, it starts getting a bit easier. I would recommend grinding a bit though, as most of the Tartarus Floor Guardians are insanely overpowered.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Thanks for the tip! I am slightly more concerned about the flags for the S. Links though...
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

You can't miss most of the S-Links, although some of them only become accessible by progressing in others. I believe some are only unlockable through progressing in Strength, Hermit, Hanged Man, Emperor, and Magician. Probably others, I forget.

In particular, Yuko's S-Link (Strength) should be leveled up at least until she mentions a particular monk, as Tower is one of the strongest arcanas in the game.

What you should be most worried about are your 3 stats, Charm in particular if you want to date Yukari, heh. Try spending your non-Tartarus evenings in the mall building up your stats.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

That is what I am doing: spending my nights in the mall. Afterwards, I am studying. I figure that I can kill two birds with one stone more or less. Playing the MMORPG in there really kills the day though. Sometimes, I wish that the game would be so strict with time. Also, I wonder why the heck your character takes the long way to get to places, if you look at the map. It makes no sense!
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Completing the MMO S-Link does lead to one of the funniest epilogues in the game, though.

Oh hey, you do know that having a Persona of the right arcana in your active selection will grant more points to the S-Link, right? Like if you're about to do the Magician S-link and you have, say, Jack Frost equipped, the link will be easier to level up.

It is possible, though very difficult, to complete all the S-Links in one run through the game.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Wow. That sounds like it will be an interesting challenge. I plan on trying to getting as many of the S. Links as possible. So, you can gain more S. Links by going back through the game after you beat it?
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

From what I've heard it's because you get too keep your stats from the first runthrough, so you don't have to waste time pumping them.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Ok. So it is kind of like Eternal Sonata with playing the songs.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Exactly that, yeah.

You still HAVE to follow an exact schedule, which you can find on GameFAQs, but it's a lot more lenient and you can enter a lot more S.Links earlier on your second playthrough, due to your maxed stats.

I'd like to mention that Academics takes twice as long to increase as any other stat, so that will probably max out last. Fortunately, the only S.Links you need it for are Temperance and Empress, I think.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah. From what I have found on GameFAQs, the most powerful personas are in another category. I forgot which one it is though.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

The most powerful Personas are in Devil, Tower, (Tower is Power!) and Judgment. Aeon too, but that only become accessible really late-game.

Out of curiosity, where are you now?

Return to “Games & Computing”