Touhou

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

kwok
Astral Realm

Post by kwok »

On a very relevant note, I notice that Setherzam's Reisen waves her arms 4 times but only shakes her butt 3 times. Is that correct?
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Just cleared all of the 8 initial bosses, and am stuck at Yakumo Yukari. Ghost Boss + ever-respawning projectile shooters + STUPID BOTTOMLESS PIT ARENA = Madness.

On a side note, Reiden gives Marisa an attack named 'Psycho Missile' :3
/me claws out throat and dies
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

kwok, I think thats right.. I did it frame by frame from the flash so it SHOULD be right.

Of course since I'm horrible at ripping I could have messed up somewhere.

HC that's a reference to her special power and her pose. She can make humans go insane just be making eye contact with them and she is always shown in fan art with her right hand in the shape of a gun. I'm not sure why though.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

She's horribly annoying in Megamari though. The most effective weapon against her would be the Ghost Cutter (Marisa) or Rolling Slash (Alice), and since Rolling Slash is more useful than Ghost Cutter, I got it for Alice.

Reiden gives Psycho Missile (Marisa) or Mental Sacrifise (Alice) to the one who collects her orb. I wanted Psycho Missile (due to its raw damaging power and as a weapon against he final boss since I chose Reincarnation Ghost over Butterfly Stream), so I had to collect the Orb with Marisa. The problem is, Rolling Slash is a close combat attack, which often resulted in me killing Reiden with Alice and having the orb fall on her head, causing me to obtain Mental Sacrifise instead :?

I finally got trough this by slashing Reiden to one tiny bit of HP, before finishing her off by spamming Red Magic :D
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

wooo playing Imperishable Night! The last word bomb attacks is a nice addition. It allows you to pull off a super attack and prevent yourself from dieing at the same time! provided you can hit the bomb button at the right time of course.

Ah but Kaguya's Danmaku is insanity through the roof. Even on easy mode you can't beat her Last word without extreme concentration and hellishly good skills
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Try not to use those bombs right before you die.

It kills your cherry score.

And uses up lots of bombs. And takes a long time to 'recharge'

If you play longer, you'll just 'know' when you need to bomb.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Cherry score? your thinking Perfect Cherry Blossom. They didn't have the Last Word bombs in that one. I'm talking about Imperishable Night, the one where you get to play as two people at once
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Border of life and death kills your cherry score? I hadn't noticed that.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

only if you get hit while in that mode. If you avoid getting hit or using a bomb in that mode you get more cherry points actually, but yeah using a bomb will lower your score a bit
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Oh, IN >_>

I need to read the whole thing. >__>

I read it as something else, I guess.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Frankly it seems that the games are getting easier and easier. After unlocking individual mode on IN I went back to EoSD and was surprised at how fast the danmaku flies across the screen; admittedly its not as numerous as in IN but I can handle precise movement. Just fast and precise I can't
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I still can't get the good end for EoSD... How the hell are you supposed to beat the game without continues? I can hold out until Patchouli where I use my first continue, and will have to use another one while facing Remilia Scarlet herself. How are you supposed to win it without continues?
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Reimu actually has a smaller hit box then Marisa, but if you really need help go download Moedan. Its literally a touhou training game that preps you against the more impossible danmaku.

except for Kaguya's... freaking impossible.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

The first few bosses (Koakuma, Cirno, China) are pretty easy and have easily avoidable danmaku. The problem starts with Patchouli, whose stage itself is a pain to get through. Patchouli herself spams so many bullets that it's almost impossible to avoid them without bombs.

Sakuya is probably the most fun boss in the game. Running away from her knives are fun ^^

Remilia is a nightmare. I use up to 3 or 4 lives while fighting her. Her 1st and 2nd forms go down pretty easily, but once she reaches her third form (the one where she turns into bats), she starts getting annoying. And when she reaches her last life, she instantly activates Red Magic and fills the whole screen with danmaku. It's friggin impossible to avoid without bombs :\

How do you beast EoSD normal without continues? :\

P/S: I find Marisa more manageable... Her attacks seem to do more damage and take down bosses more easily. She's also useful against mid bosses who often drop the much coveted 1UP 8)
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Just downloaded Perfect Cherry Blossom and I find it harder than Scarlet Devil. Although the hit box is significantly smaller (making it easier to graze), the bosses take a fragging long time to go down. It seems that bullets do less and less damage to them, and what's with the constant movements? In EoSD, the only person I've seen move around so much is Remilia. In PCB, even Chen moves around like crazy :\

Return to “Games & Computing”