Baka-tsuki on PSP

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

minizaka
Astral Realm

Baka-tsuki on PSP

Post by minizaka »

I'm not sure if everyone knew this, or maybe everyone already does and i'm just an idiot, but you can save chapters onto a psp to read anywhere, internet or not. :shock:

first you get to baka-tsuki on the PSP's web browser and find the main page for the series you want to save.

then you hover the pointer over the link to the chapter(or whole volume), push triangle, go the the far left option "file"

select "file" then select the "save link target information",make sure the file destination is "psp/common/", name the file name whatever just make sure you remember it, like suzumiyaharuhiv1 or something.

after saving the file go to the address bar and type in file:/psp/common/(whatever you named the file) ex. file:/psp/common/suzumiyaharuhiv1

and presto! you can read it wherever you are(if the file name you gave it is exceedingly long i suggest you bookmark it so you don't have to type all that crap out in the address bar every time

Sadly pictures that usually go with the chapters won't appear :(

if you want to delete the chapter just open your psp folder with a PC and find the "common" folder in the "psp" one and delete the file.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Baka-tsuki on PSP

Post by onizuka-gto »

you cando this on your phone or ds too you know. not just the psp. :P :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
minizaka
Astral Realm

Post by minizaka »

onizuka-gto wrote:you cando this on your phone or ds too you know. not just the psp. :P :roll:
really? i didn't know that, although i prefer the psp's nice big screen, i can't imagine trying to read it off a ds screen :? and doesn't the web browser for the ds have to be purchased seperately?
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

"Purchased"?

What does that mean? My DS can play music, watch movies, browse internet, chat on MSN and IRC, read comics, paint, work as a tablet mouse for my PC, read e-books, function as a PDA, and trade stocks for me and I'm pretty sure it could do it since day one. Then again, my little M6DS Real came on day one as well... hehehehehe...

Anyway, I think you are ruining your vision if you actually try to read a whole novel off the PSP. Regardless of how big the size of a PSP's screen is in comparison with a DS's, it doesn't change the fact that it is far too small for comfortable reading and doesn't really stand in light of continuous use. It's completely gimmicky, like surfing the net on the DS or using the PSP as a rear view mirror.

Of course, I'm not even going to mention how nerdy one would look using a PSP in public compared to the DS. Heh heh heh... :twisted:
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Umiman wrote:"Purchased"?

What does that mean? My DS can play music, watch movies, browse internet, chat on MSN and IRC, read comics, paint, work as a tablet mouse for my PC, read e-books, function as a PDA, and trade stocks for me and I'm pretty sure it could do it since day one. Then again, my little M6DS Real came on day one as well... hehehehehe...

Anyway, I think you are ruining your vision if you actually try to read a whole novel off the PSP. Regardless of how big the size of a PSP's screen is in comparison with a DS's, it doesn't change the fact that it is far too small for comfortable reading and doesn't really stand in light of continuous use. It's completely gimmicky, like surfing the net on the DS or using the PSP as a rear view mirror.

Of course, I'm not even going to mention how nerdy one would look using a PSP in public compared to the DS. Heh heh heh... :twisted:
:roll:
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
Umiman wrote:"Purchased"?

:roll:
I second TGM's :roll: .
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

if you got a "smart" phone, you can even do excel or type up your word on it. (I do that on my nokia n73)

Not to mention read text & PDF files or surf and save webpages.

As for the DS, you need something called the R4, which you can load up with a memory card and can download a million application for it, as well as the odd NDS games. So text is a breeze.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I actually use my psp to read manga off of Onemanga (mostly at school when). With the right settings, I can read the tiny text some manga has more clearly. :D

Granted, you can do the same thing with a phone and ds but I bet you can't run Windows 95 on it! (not like I would) :lol:

P.S. Maple sucks.
minizaka
Astral Realm

Post by minizaka »

ben1234 wrote:I actually use my psp to read manga off of Onemanga (mostly at school when). With the right settings, I can read the tiny text some manga has more clearly. :D

Granted, you can do the same thing with a phone and ds but I bet you can't run Windows 95 on it! (not like I would) :lol:

P.S. Maple sucks.
i don't like reading manga off onemanga on my psp because the browser itself is kind of slow and sometimes i run out of memory so i can't see the picture.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

That's kind of impossible unless you have like 10 pages opened at once.

Return to “Games & Computing”