Novel: God's Notebook

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Novel: God's Notebook

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

kira0802 wrote:
Spoiler! :
I remember that. I really think that it's a dumb move to try experimenting it. I mean, things such as seeing an angel...it's not something good.
Spoiler! :
You can't blame Narumi... Its the only way to spot the drug sellers, and get his revenge. He pretty much died during that Ayaka event happened you know. So its like a walking zombie fulfilling a last wish before death. Even Alice had to give him credit, to say that even if he decides to rely on drugs, she won't blame him, and would instead put him up on a hall of fame.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Spoiler! :
Though Alice's action was kinda surprising, inviting Narumi to commit suicide if he desires it. Though on a second thought, I was pretty much expecting that.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart

All these are what makes this a GREAT novel, don't you think? Lovely how NONE of these are in the anime, everything is skipped, all missing.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

As I said, they might want to put that in the end...for the climax, maybe?
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:As I said, they might want to put that in the end...for the climax, maybe?
Considered that at first, but made me realize a lot of reasons are missing then.
Spoiler! :
Narumi is staying with Alice mainly because of his contract with her, and because Ayaka lost her memories, the contract is semi-eternal, fostering a bond between them. This, I believe, is also due to the drug incident, so he kinda lost track of his own life, so he needed something, someone, so as to at least feel alive? Alice and gang was his last hope back then?

Eventually, they came to an agreement that the "secret" is not important, so created a fake contract among themselves.
The anime made him an idiot that loves getting in trouble. That or hes a real lolicon to keep running to Alice.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:The anime made him an idiot that loves getting in trouble. That or hes a real lolicon to keep running to Alice.
I know. as I might have already mentioned, he looked like those guys who appear from nowhere.
Kira0802

kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Really, without vol 1(and vol 3, as vol 3 is vol 1's expansion), there's practically no reason for Narumi to get involved with Alice and the gang. In fact, before the "incident" in vol 1, Narumi was afraid of getting involved with the shady band of NEET out of fear of being a NEET himself, although it seems lately he already given up on his fate of ending up becoming a NEET :lol: . I really feel the strong story of vol 3 was the turning point in Narumi's personality, where he change from wussy main protagonist into someone who knows what he wants to do, and what he should do, so without vol 3(and the "incident" in vol 1), Narumi is not Narumi anymore, he's just some random guy who somehow willingly get dragged into the adventure of shady bunches of NEET without reason(I mean, who in their right mind would willingly associate themselves with shady bunch of dropouts and NEETS if he/she has no reason to get to know them).

Look at me rambling. Sorry about that. I'm just really disappointed in the "adaptation"(if it can still be called that, it feels like a different series with the character of Kami-memo being used there) of one of the LN that I like a lot. :lol:
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I thought that JC has found the way to do it in the worst way...
At least, do what you normally do. 4 eps for volume 1, 4 eps for volume 2 and 4 eps for volume 3. You can add a fillier somehwere if you wish.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kuroi_shinigami wrote:Really, without vol 1(and vol 3, as vol 3 is vol 1's expansion), there's practically no reason for Narumi to get involved with Alice and the gang. In fact, before the "incident" in vol 1, Narumi was afraid of getting involved with the shady band of NEET out of fear of being a NEET himself, although it seems lately he already given up on his fate of ending up becoming a NEET :lol: . I really feel the strong story of vol 3 was the turning point in Narumi's personality, where he change from wussy main protagonist into someone who knows what he wants to do, and what he should do, so without vol 3(and the "incident" in vol 1), Narumi is not Narumi anymore, he's just some random guy who somehow willingly get dragged into the adventure of shady bunches of NEET without reason(I mean, who in their right mind would willingly associate themselves with shady bunch of dropouts and NEETS if he/she has no reason to get to know them).

Look at me rambling. Sorry about that. I'm just really disappointed in the "adaptation"(if it can still be called that, it feels like a different series with the character of Kami-memo being used there) of one of the LN that I like a lot. :lol:
Well, Narumi is useless, but he is not a NEET
Spoiler! :
Alice herself mentioned it, that she pities him and gave him a paid job, thus he is employed. Just as in Vol 4, the same volume, where Narumi is hired to do advertisement for the band.
And unlike you, I find vol 1 being the strongest turning point. I mean, I can't blame him for being a wimp after that, not to forget that I think its quite normal for him to want Ayaka to remember everything, I mean, they were almost in love? Sorta?

>"<

Vol 3's case does not really stand out, however it forms a strong basis for his mindset and mentally. And the sequence of the series matters as well.

Vol 1 (Case needed for everything to begin) => Vol 2 (To understand that things can actually be salvaged, no matter how bad they are, so long as everyone is alive, needed for vol 3 and 4) => Vol 3 (To bring ayaka back and to settle down on how Ayaka and Narumi mixes together)

I am not too sure about how Vol 4 affects later volumes, since Vol 5 is a bunch of short stories. And yes, I am seriously disappointed in the anime as well. The novel is a series i love and recommend to others, the anime makes me think otherwise.
kira0802 wrote:I thought that JC has found the way to do it in the worst way...
At least, do what you normally do. 4 eps for volume 1, 4 eps for volume 2 and 4 eps for volume 3. You can add a fillier somehwere if you wish.
1 2-episode length episode 1 to completely avoid Vol 1 while totally ruining the story
2 episodes for vol 2
1 filler episode, taken from vol 5
probably 2 episodes for vol 3

ITS LONG AND GOOD FOR A REASON DAMMIT! FANS ARE FANS COZ IT IS GOOD, DONT RUIN THE GREAT STORY!! DAMN YOU JC!!!

P.S. Episode 4, the filler episode, makes Narumi seem like a pervert. In the novel, he was not the one who suggested the sniffing, but a drunkard at the shop. Secondly, the ingredients the father brought in is meant to be hidden, discovered by Narumi. The worst part is the ending, the NEETs should have mixed up both Alice and the Boss's bras, as indicated, but Narumi should not be the one who takes the blame, instead, Narumi is supposed to get the mixed up bras from both the Boss and Alice respectively, only to hide in his house, to be found by his elder sister causing a misunderstanding.

Edit:

Just watched episode 6, they actually added the Angel incident into the anime here, wtf, they are so bloody brainless! As if they havent had enough of idiotic stunts, some things don't mix!! I get the feeling they are treating Kami memo as just to show Alice's moe-ness, but if you ask me, even if Alice is replaced by an old man, the story can still go on! DAMN they are really ruining it all!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: I mean, they were almost in love? Sorta?
I actually questionned myself about it, and somehow, I find the Alice-Narumi relationship similar a bit...
Spoiler! :
...to the one between Tooko Amano and Konoha Inoue...
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote: I mean, they were almost in love? Sorta?
I actually questionned myself about it, and somehow, I find the Alice-Narumi relationship similar a bit...
Spoiler! :
...to the one between Tooko Amano and Konoha Inoue...
I meant Ayaka and Narumi were in love, that is, they will likely be a couple if not for that incident.

As for Alice-Narumi, well, we can see that Alice cares a lot for Narumi, but I don't really think its love.

As for Narumi, he don't seem to bear any feelings towards Alice (love type). If I must pick an example, I would say Oremo. The girl being a tsundere, and the guy being "Sigh, what did I do wrong?" without even understanding what is going on.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Well, for Narumi and Ayaka, I can't say it's definitely love. Narumi is definitely one of Ayaka's most important person and Ayaka is Narumi's most important person(the one saving him from loneliness and his very first friend) IMO, but whether it's love between boyfriend-girlfriend or just close relationship even stronger than love, but not a love between boy and girl, remain to be debated, although the true answer will forever be buried under the "incident".
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

My post wasn't send...probably because BT has been down for a moment...

Anyways, for the Narumi-Ayaka relationship...I get the feeling that the feelings they have for each other have been maybe 'rushed' due to what happened.

For the Alice-Narumi possoble relationhip, well, I don't really see Alice 'falling in love' with someone. It just isn't her style, or maybe it's due to the image she has.

As for Narumi, I think he sees more in Alice someone to 'depend' on, someone to whom he can trust in life. However, it's hard to guess how he loves her...

The turning point would be if Ayaka and Narumi 'officially' go out together. The feelings the three of them have for each other wuld be more obvious.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kuroi_shinigami wrote:Well, for Narumi and Ayaka, I can't say it's definitely love. Narumi is definitely one of Ayaka's most important person and Ayaka is Narumi's most important person(the one saving him from loneliness and his very first friend) IMO, but whether it's love between boyfriend-girlfriend or just close relationship even stronger than love, but not a love between boy and girl, remain to be debated, although the true answer will forever be buried under the "incident".
Well, as you said, its strong feelings, and as you mentioned, it will be forever be buried. Ayaka(before) probably as explained, saw part of her brother in Narumi, but despite that, when Narumi accepted her(armband), she was glad, as they truly came to understand each other, so I can't say you are wrong. I would agree with you, as whether it is love is a very grey issue that will stay that way.
kira0802 wrote: Anyways, for the Narumi-Ayaka relationship...I get the feeling that the feelings they have for each other have been maybe 'rushed' due to what happened.

For the Alice-Narumi possoble relationhip, well, I don't really see Alice 'falling in love' with someone. It just isn't her style, or maybe it's due to the image she has.

As for Narumi, I think he sees more in Alice someone to 'depend' on, someone to whom he can trust in life. However, it's hard to guess how he loves her...

The turning point would be if Ayaka and Narumi 'officially' go out together. The feelings the three of them have for each other wuld be more obvious.
Regarding Narumi-Ayaka, you mean in volume 1, so we get the feeling of pain over the incident? Perhaps, but you must admit that it is well-played, well-written.

As for Alice, I don't think she can even understand what it truly means to love yet. Even so, its clear she cares a lot for Narumi, whatever the reason may be.

Narumi clearly don't love her(Alice) as a person of the opposite gender. And yes, someone he trusts, that can be how to phrase it. In a way, you can also consider that shes one of the last things he can hang onto? At the end of volume 1, he practically lost everything, almost. So Alice is his savior, so you can't blame him to still look up to her, in many ways.

And Ayaka and Narumi will not officially go out together. Two reasons, in vol 5, she tried to push the responsibility of taking care of Alice to Narumi, claiming that they will eventually stay together anyway. The other reason being her loss of memories causing her to be wavering in her emotions, causing her to not take action I believe.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:The other reason being her loss of memories causing her to be wavering in her emotions.
This is quite what would be a turning point in the relationships. The day she'd be able to remember will be the dasy the novel would get an end. However, as a metter of fact, Tamkijou Touma didn't got his after, what, 23 volumes? :lol: Though the comparison doesn't stand here, it might take a while.
Kira0802

Return to “Manga & Novel”