The Big List of Manga

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The Big List of Manga

Post by ben1234 »

Yay for Manhwa!

Threads of Time
8/10
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Historical, Seinen, Supernatural, Romance, Mature

Tokyopop's summary: High school student Moon Bin Lee has difficulty sleeping due to a recurring nightmare: he's stranded over a thousand years in the past chasing a dark-haired girl into a deep abyss. Before long, the nightmare overwhelms him, and he is unable to tell whether he is Moon Bin, a Seoul teenager at the end of the second Millennium, or Sa Kyoung Kim, the son of a prominent warrior family in the middle of the first Millennium. People in his present-day life assume roles in his historical life as he struggles to learn exactly who he is and what he's expected to do, straddling a transmigratory portal through time and space. In the present, his school's kendo club battles to stay in the championships...but in the past, Moon Bin finds himself at the threshold of a territorial dispute on the plains of Mongolia ...

My summary: Dude goes back in time to the 1200s when Korea (Koryo at the time) is just about to be invaded by the Mongolians. He meets some chick who turns out to be Genhis Khan's granddaughter. Mongolian general does horrible stuff. Dude wants to kill the Mongolian general for revenge because he thinks it'll let him go back to his time.

Thoughts: Because I finally remembered the name of the awesome manhwa that got me to read Shin Angyo Onshi.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I've gotta say Manwha has some amazing quality to it. Not just in the art but the writing as well. Too bad scantalations are more scarce with them. :?
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I actually wouldn't mind seeing some Chinese manga. The quality you see in them rivals a lot of the Korean stuff.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ben1234 wrote:I actually wouldn't mind seeing some Chinese manga. The quality you see in them rivals a lot of the Korean stuff.
lol the two chinese manwha i can think of is Storm Rider (modern tale of punk Monkey King. pretty awesome) and the Crouching Tiger Hidden Tiger (prequel tales)

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ben1234 wrote:I actually wouldn't mind seeing some Chinese manga. The quality you see in them rivals a lot of the Korean stuff.
Its hard to really compare... Those chinese manga are more well known for the art and colors... The story is quite good, but compared to Korean... Not too sure... havent seen enuf to make too many comments, but i just find it hard to compare black and white and color...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

damn it b/c again of this forum i just spend the whole day reading threads of time.

i have some mix reaction towards it. i am Mongolian descent so i find they did exaggerated their brutality a bit and glories korea alot. yeah the drawing is nice and all but again this is manga where i felt i am forced to read. could be a problem with me. do you guys think is a obsessive compulsive disorder to force myself to read a manga that i feel apathetic towards? the only time my heart move was the twist at the end that i really liked.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Not really, i would consider more of "finishing what you started", it feels weird to leave it dangling... Also, the hope that it may have a turn for the better
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Manga & Novel”