Translations of the Day.

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Translations of the Day.

Post by Teh_ping »

January 16, 2013 — (Mushi to Medama, Mushi, Eyeball and a Sterile Disinfection, Final Night: Start of Disinfection/Part)
jonathanasdf wrote:darn it teh_ping you seriously caught my interest with those last 2.... but i already have so much backlog of things to read....
Last two as in the Hikaru posts, or Hikaru and Biblia?

I'm not feeling well atm, guess it'll be nights for me...
Spoiler! :
Those who lived by the sword would die by the sword.

Those who lived by the pen would die by the pen.

Humans would definitely die. This was an obvious fact even the Bible recorded.

The only ones who would not die were either Saints or witches, neither of which were humans.

In the Middle Ages of Europe, the witch-hunt spread like a plague. The way to determine whether they were humans or witches was whether they died or not. Amongst those who were put into the boiling cauldron, those who died were humans, and those who lived were witches.

I’m probably a witch then. Gankyuu Eguriko thought as she walked down the long corridor in the hospital.

No matter what damage she suffered, whether she was dipped in boiling soup, or she was pierced by swords all over the place, she could not die. However—since she was a witch, she wanted a spell to save others. If she had a body that would not die, the only value she would really have would be to disappear.

Around her surroundings, deaths and misfortune always accompanied her.

She had no memories of the moment she was born. When she was mature enough to understand things, she was not living with any blood-related relatives. Those relatives were all killed by the “Mushi” very quickly, without exception.

The apple owner who travelled with her disappeared too.

And at this point, she ended up causing the death of the one most important to her, all because of her carelessness.

Usagawa Rinne was a girl who was kinder than anyone else, and one who had so little happiness. Even so, she never hated her world, and unlike Guriko, she was never lost. Guriko liked her, who liked others, and she could die for Rinne.

That should be the case.

I should be the one suffering misfortune.

I should be the one to die.

“Itsuwara-san.”

At that moment, Guriko did not know who that person was calling for, and ignored it. Dark—this pitch dark hospital did not have its lights switched on for some reason, and the sky outside the window was already dark as the faint blue night sky surrounded the world.

“Itsuwara Guriko-san.”

The young woman’s voice called. I see, I am Itsuwara. When she accompanied Hino to the hospital, she said that name when she was asked who she was. Though she was worried about Hino’s situation, she had to find the person who killed Rinne and make the person remember this grudge.

There was still resentment within her at this point.

Nothing could be accomplished even if she did take revenge, but she just could not feel relieved if she did not do so.

She knew that the gentle Rinne would not wish for her to do this.

But Guriko had already decided to revive herself as a monster. Once she took revenge, she would head on a journey to find a way to revive Rinner. It was too painful for her to stay in this human world, and a world without Rinne was all the more painful.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

the hikaru posts.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Stupid lagging Singtel...

January 17, 2013 — (No Game No Life, Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part)
Spoiler! :
—In a past that was far too long ago.

Old Deus has a bet with the supremacy of the only God on the line and started a war with the servants and created beings.

This war lasted for a long, long time, so long it felt numbing.

There was no land that was not stained with blood, and cries of agony had never ceased to echo through the skies.

The races with knowledge hated each other, slaughtered each other, and continued to repeat their countless killings.

The elves had small villages as their bases, and they casted magic, hunting enemies.

The dragons used their bodies for killing purposes, and the warbeasts devoured their prey like animals.

The land that was swallowed by the sunset and became a barren land was swallowed by the deeper darkness due to the wars amongst the old Deus.

The ‘Demon Lords’ and their allied monsters that were created by the Fantazma went rampant and dominated the land.

In this kind of world, no further numbers of nobility, beauties or even warriors would work.

Humans were just a measly existence.

They had to bet their lives on building their countries and forming clans just to survive.

The legendary hero who could be hailed by the bards did not appear—and just like that, it was a blood-stained era.

This was a story that was far longer and older than the skies, seas and land—called the ‘Disconnect Board’

However, the war they thought would continue for eternity suddenly ended.

The skies, seas, land—and even the stars that filled the skies.

They lost this will to continue this emaciated, weary war whether they were just tantamount to die without benefits.

And just like that—at this point, the old Deus with the most amount of power left sat on the only throne for a God.

And so, this Deus had been watching from the sidelines all this while.

Abstaining from the war from the beginning till the end.

The Deus sat on the throne, looking at the devastation on the land around him.

He declared to all the people roaming on the land.

—To everyone, who used up all extremes of muscles, violence, death.

Show me proof that you, who built towers of dead bodies, are knowledgeable beings as you so claim.

What is the difference between you and the ‘unintelligent beasts’?’
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

January 18, 2013 — (Sugar Dark, Hole 3 Grave Robber, Final Part)
Spoiler! :
Muoru turned back to look at that thing behind him.

The morning sun shone on his back.

During the 16 years he lived, the light that would enter his eyes every day now flew like the light reflected off a guillotine.

“—Also, I remembered that moles will go blind the moment they see sunlight, right?”

Of course, he did not forget about this fact. The price of obtaining a dark power; the condition for a gravekeeper’s death; but—

“Ah…”

Meria let out a soft groan too.

She too was standing under the sunlight, giving a mystified look as she looked at the right arm extended out from her sleeve. Muoru still could not stand up, and sat down on the floor directly.

He felt that his body was in a precaurious situation.

It was the same feeling as when the collar ring was taken off, that weak feeling of death due to excessive loss of blood—

(But, this is…)

Meria lowered her head and looked at her body, blinking,

“It got weaker…?”

“—Alright, the Meria’s aim within me is achieved, so I’ll just let both of you have your own time. It’s about time for me to find that damned old geezer and repay him~”

Caras stared at both of them and indicated his departure first as he stood up.

“…Sorry, Muoru, it feels like I made use of you.”

It then waved his hand, and his small body disappeared like he flew away just like how he appeared suddenly.

(What’s there to apologize…we’re even in this department.)

He was a monster that could only appear in the day.

A soul formed by the gathering of dead gravekeepers.

This ridiculous entity called Caras was probably a grave miscalculation to Daribeldo. However, even without the help of that guy, he would have definitely taken action on his own…however, he did not know that it would be so successful.

(Speaking of which, this body is a little inconvenient…)

Muoru clenched his right hand gradually, and then opened it.

The shadow shown on the floor changed its shape together with his movements, and the large presence of the monster that became the young boy could still be felt under the shadows. That thing hated the sunlight and wanted to cease actions inside the boy’s body, and that was the reason why his body could not get up.

…However…

Besides the monster that terrified others, there was a different feeling amongst the presence at his feet.

The boy knew what it was…Meria, the other existence who shared the fruit of darkness with him. As humans, both parts of him and her were combined, resisting The Dark that wanted to stop…at least that was what the boy felt.

“Meria…”

The boy called her, and was suddenly unable to speak.

Meria was facing an empty space, flipping her hand left and right around from time to time.

And then, she gradually stopped like a pendulum losing momentum.

She let her palm face the sun,

In the face of this sun she had not seen for several years “It’s weird.” She laughed blankly.

It was a slightly stiff smile, since it seemed that she was not used to smiling. However, it was a happy expression that would melt anyone’s heart if they saw it…

“This pain…I don’t hate it.”

The morning sunlight lit her beautiful face as Muoru stared at her. She looked far more charming under the sun than under the dim moonlight. Her hair, face, palms all seemed to radiate a faint golden glow from within.

I really hope I can continue to see that face—Muoru wished.

…But at the next moment, this wish was destroyed.

Of course, who would be able to see the face of a person clinging right at his chest, embracing him tightly?

The boy enjoyed and tasted the pain that came with the sun as he stroked the girl’s hand and embraced her as well.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

January 21, 2013 — (Slayers Volume 15, Main Series, Demon Slayer, Final Part)
Spoiler! :
“How can they just leave like that?”

“They’re probably assured.”

Gourry stared at their backs as they left as he answered my musing.

“Assured?”

“Yeah.”

Gourry placed his hand on my head, and said,

“You’re all pumped up again, so they can do what they want to do in an assured manner.”

“What about being assured here…do I look at depressed?’

“Hold on a moment—”

Gourry said, looked forward, and saw that Milgasia and Sylphiel were not around.

“Then—what do we do now?”

“Well, we don’t have anything to do anyway. Eh…Gourry, don’t always push the problems onto me. Try thinking on your own a little, will you?”

“You don’t have any particular preferences of where to go?”

“Eh, well, then—”

Gourry stared at my eyes and said,

“How about we go to your house?”

“…Eh?”

My heart suddenly raced, and I hurriedly looked away, saying,

“I, I say, Gourry…what are you saying? Do you know what you mean when you say such things!?”

“Yeah, I’m serious.”

Gourry answered with a gentle voice.

“…Eh?”

My body shuddered slightly.

Even I knew that my face was red hot at this point.

Gourry continued with a soft voice,

“Didn’t you say before that your hometown Zephillia is a famous producer of grapes? Well, it’s now the season for grape harvesting, right?”

“You’re just being a glutton here!”

BAM—

I immediately took out the slipper from my torso and slammed it down at lightning speed.

“…What is it? You hate grapes?”

“NOT AT ALL! WAHAHAHA! AN. ANYWHERE WILL DO!”

“Then, let’s go to Zefilia.”

“What kind of conclusion is that!?”

“Because you said that anywhere will do.”

“Well…”

“It’s nice to head home once in a while.”

“…”

Eh…

I did not really hate doing this once in a while…

But this guy seemed to be rather persistent for some reason this time.

Maybe…he knew everything?

“Eh, nevermind…alright, we’re going to my home then, the kingdom of Zephillia, Zephillia city, is that okay?”

“Alright.”

And so, Gourry and I walked side by side with each other.

In our future journey,

There would be all sorts of incidents.

For instances, making new friends, separating from them,

Maybe we might end up feeling sentimental like this incident.

However,

I would not close my eyes to forget the misery and pain.

But I would treasure them in my heart,

And continue to live on with a smile tomorrow.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

So you wont post them in the Baka-tsuki wiki?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Darklor wrote:
So you wont post them in the Baka-tsuki wiki?
Too lazy to do so. I don't want to give them hope that there's a new translator for the series. If anyone wants to do so, sure, but then again, it's just me being lazy...

January 22, 2013 — (My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected, Chapter 7: The God of Romcom will occasionally do something good, Final Part, 1st half)
Spoiler! :
After that, we were the only ones left.

“We won, but it feels like we lost.”

I could not help but grin after hearing these listless words from Yukinoshita.

“Don’t be silly. There’s nothing to fight for between me and them.”

Those who revel in youth will always be protagonists.

“Hm, that’s true. This wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for Hikki. It’s a pity that it’s so deflating even though we won.”

“Oi, Yuigahama, be careful with what you say. Don’t you know that expressing your inner thoughts can be more hurting than spewing out savage words?”

I stared at Yuigahama, but she showed no signs of backing down.

Well, she was right, so there was no need to back away. People like Hayama and Miura never considered about winning or losing right from the start. Even if they lost terribly, it would most likely become a memory in their beautiful youth.

What the heck? Explode, youth! Explode!

“Re, really, about that one called Hayama or something, if my birth and education were different from now, I’ll probably end up like that.”

“That’s no different from the person now…but I really feel that you should reset your life.”

Yukinoshita’s icy cold stare was indirectly telling me to go die.

“…But, but then, erm, it’s because of Hikki that it’s good. Well…it’s not like it’s not good.”

Yuigahama mumbled as she swallowed her words, and I could not hear her at all. Speak louder there, you, do you think you’re some clothing shop attendant talking to me!?

But it seemed that these words reached Yukinoshita’s ears as she smiled slightly and nodded.

“There are still people who managed to benefit from your ridiculous actions. Too bad though.”

She said that, and looked away. Totsuka was in front of me, worried about his blistered feet, and behind me was Zaimokuza, who looked like he was stalking.

“Nice going, Hachiman, as expected of my buddy. But one of these days, we’ll have to determine who the winner is with a showdown…”
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

January 23, 2013 — (My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected, Chapter 7: The God of Romcom will occasionally do something good, Final Part, 2nd half)
Spoiler! :
I ignored Zaimokuza, who was looking afar and muttering for some reason, and said to Totsuka,

“is your injury okay?”

“Yeah…”

I realized that I was surrounded with guys. I wonder if it was because Zaimokuza came over that Yukinoshita and Yuigahama left.

Hayama ended up just like James Bond as he was surrounded by heroines, and I was surrounded by guys like the special ops A-team ending.

I guess romcom is just an urban legend.

“Hikigaya-kun…erm, thank you.”

Totsuka was standing directly opposite me, staring right at me. After that, he looked away while seemingly embarrassed. To be honest, I really wanted to hug him immediately, but this person here is a guy…

This kind of romcom would definitely never work out, and that goes for Totsuka’s gender too. Besides, Totsuka’s thanks were directed at the wrong person.

“I didn’t do anything. If you want to thank, go thank those girls…”

I started looking around for them, and saw the twintails swaying at the tennis clubroom door.

So they were there.

Intending to thank them, I head towards the tennis clubroom.

“Yukinoshi…ahh.”

They were changing.

The lime green underwear could be seen vaguely under the blouse. She was still wearing a tennis skirt underneath, showing her unbalanced yet slender body clearly.

“WHA, WHA WHA WHA WHA WHA!!”

What are you yelling for? Stop yapping when I am concentration? What will happen if my memory flies off like that? I noticed Yuigahama was there as well.

And she just so happened to be changing too.

It seemed that she was used to buttoning the blouse from the bottom as her chest was wide open. I could see the pink underwear and the valley. She was holding onto the skirt Yukinoshita passed to her, so to simply put, she was not wearing it.

The navy blue high socks that matched the pink underwear covered the silky thighs to the ankles.

“SERIOUSLY, GO AND DIE!!!”

BAM! My face took a full-strength racket smash.

…That is how it should be. A romcom should be like this as expected.

Nice going, God of Romcom. Good…
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

January 24, 2013 — (Shippai Kinshi Volume 1, Epilogue)
Spoiler! :
However, the next tragedy awaited us.

Or rather, instead of us, I might say that the tragedy descended upon Chris.

“WHA, WHAT SHOULD I DO HERE!?”

Chris was the one shouting at me. What on earth is going on—

“Af, after that! After that, it became a habit for me—”

“What’s the matter, Chris? Calling me to this empty classroom out of a sudden; what is that about?”

“We, well, I tried my best for the first time, I really did, but after, after that—the more I wanted to hang in there, the more I want to pee…”

“Ah, ahh—…”

“How are you going to pay me back!? How are you going to bear responsibility for this!?”

“No, isn’t this good? We just turned something fake into something real.”

“I don’t want it to become real! I don’t need this truth!”

“Besides, it’s your fault for lying in the first place, right Chris? Try your best.”

“That’s—why—I—said that I can’t hang in there! Don’t you understand, you idiot!?”

My neck got grabbed as I was shaken forcefully.

As we were doing this, the voices of the other members rang.

“Eh, Prez Chris, Shii-sempai, what are you doing here!?”

“Oi you, black-hearted princess? What are you doing to Shimizu?”

“Big brother, is, is this, a rendezvous…?”

“Wha, what!? Prez Chris, Shii-sempai!? This, this is unforgivable! This is absolutely unforgivable! Thinking about that, awaaah. Un, ku, I think it’s about to leak out…”

“Guu! The initiative was taken!? How annoying! How annoying, ahhh! I can’t stand this anymore!”

“No, that’s not it! I was just grumbling to this guy, it’s not like that—”

Chris too started to fidget around. No way, don’t tell me she’s trying to find an excuse to go to the toilet.

“Nn, why, auu, I just went to the toilet…”

Higiri said as she saw this,

“Everyone, let’s work hard to cure her wetting.”

“I said that I can’t hang on anymore!”

“I, I, I can’t do it too!”

“Me too! I really can’t stand this anymore!”

That’s great, Hijiri. You have buddies who can work hard together with you.

I saw the trio trembling slightly and Hijiri showing a slight smile, and I had a happy feeling.

…It was good.

But, if I calm down to think, I could not understand whether it was good or bad for some reason.

…That’s great. I guess.

●▲

But that kind of happy ending did not last for long.

One day, when I went to school alone, a ghost of the past appeared in human form.

A very familiar girl.

A girl who kept looking straight.

A girl who I spent time most with other than my sister.

This cute girl’s face had not changed from the past, and she, who was all grown up, was standing beside the door.

The hair that curled up on its own like dog ears in a habit-like manner was the same as before.

That person shot a sharp stare at me.

And suddenly, she smiled.

A smile I rarely saw in the past, a profound one that was hard to determine.

“…It’s been a while, Shou. Finally, finally, we finally met.”

I held my breath, my heart was beating like crazy, and my body suddenly trembled.

That was a girl I did not save in the past.

“…Inui, Aki…”

To be continued.
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

Too short?
Spoiler! :
Red.

Everything was in the process of being licked up by the flames, burning up in red.

The bed that he woke up on every day, as well as the sofa that he loved to jump on and the table that he was made to study reading and writing on unwillingly──

The scene of the boy’s short life, the scene of all his memories which was being coloured was dying and being wrapped up in a deep red flame.

He rejected that unpleasant sparkling red and the boy’s eyes stared at his mother.

Now, he watched his mother who was trying to strangle herself and wondered why she was doing such a thing.

The young boy didn’t understand why she had to kill herself.

However, the boy vaguely felt the heat slowly being snatched away from his body.

His entire surroundings was being wrapped in flames, the burning flames was gradually approaching the boy on the opposite side to give him a cold death.

At that moment, his eyes met with his crying mother's.

The boy didn’t understand why his mother was crying.

Were the tears necessary to personally kill her own child with her hands or was there another reason?

Anyway, there couldn’t possibly be an appropriate reason for a parent to kill a young child.

──When he was thinking about that, he suddenly noticed.

If this isn’t reality, then it must be a dream.

Dimitar woke up dripping with sweat and took a deep breath.

From his window he saw that the stars were still twinkling in the sky. There was still time left until dawn.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

^Just focus on doing something instead of worrying about length first. This is kind of like training for me too.

January 25, 2013 — (Phantom of Inferno Volume 1, Chapter 4, Raid on the Pier)
Spoiler! :
It was the third day of interrogation inside the underground room. I did not take part in the raid on the pier, but the cold hard fact remained that I carried the injured Ein and ran away. I took several kicks and punches, but the physical pain on my body had become numb to me. At this point, I really felt that I was going to die. I had nowhere to go, I could not escape. I finally rediscovered my life as Azuma Reiji, and in just 3 days, I would end up dead.

“Tell us the truth! Where is Scythe!?”

Who knows? The moment I thought about that, I got punched, and I did not know if I got punched on the left or the right.

“Where did you take that Phantom to?”

(Even if I know, I won’t tell you.)

I coldly snorted.

However, it seemed that I was the only one captured by Inferno, and Ein, who took action on her own separately, seemed to have shaken off her pursuers, so those guys will not give up on pursuing her for the time being. When dealing with these people, I have to remain alert.”

“Step aside, Lizzie.”

“But…”

“That method won’t get you anything. Leave it to me.”

“…Is that so?”

BAM. The door was slammed hard, and Lizzie went off. In this cramped underground room, only Claudia and I were left.

“The transmitter is cut off. It doesn’t matter what you want to say now.”

There was a long moment of silence. Even without words, there was no need for two people to talk when they have many shared serets.

“You probably wouldn’t be caught if you did not cut corners.”

Claudia’s voice sounded extremely cold, but it was not unreasonable. I threw away this opportunity she finally gave me like trash.

“You’re too foolish.”

But I did not regret this.

“This is the real me. I will do what I want to do with all I have, but it’s just I did not succeed in the end…that’s all.”

“Do you really think that way? You’re still alive, your limbs are still intact, but you feel that you lost?”

“…You sound like I still have a chance.”

“That’s right.”

Claudia seemed to be lecturing this broken me here as she sharply interrupted my words.

“If everyone really suspected your relationship with Scythe, the interrogation wouldn’t have ended so simply, like this, right?”

“…”

“Your actions are suspicious, but this alone can’t prove that you have a relationship with Scythe. It’s just that the organization can’t tell what you’re thinking.”

“…Hasn’t anyone discovered that the killing machine Zwei has recovered his memories?”

“That’s how it is. So, just prove your identity.”

“Iden…tity?”

“Through your actions. Who are your allies, and who are your enemies.”

“You want me to kill Scythe?”

In the end, things ended up like this.

No matter what setbacks I meet, it would be hard for me to move if I do not step on a certain person’s corpse. Would God recognize such a life?

“I am no longer anyone’s ally or foe. That kind of thing does not matter to me. Whether it’s Inferno or Scythe, none of them matter to me. Just kill me as you wish.”

Yes, if I leave this place…what can I do? I will just revert back to being a killer, and I am sick and tired of this life.

“…Let me ask, is Ein your friend or foe?”
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Translations of the Day: Last Savior

Post by KuroiHikari »

I finally got my lazy self to work on something.
Spoiler! :
“Biologically, important things are all in “pairs”.”
Molecular Biologist James Watson

“It is not possible to make machines that think in place of man.”
Computer Scientist Alan Turing

“There’s no doubt that man are machines for the purpose of temporarily existing.
We are vessels like robots programmed for someone, some other party.”
Evolutionary Biologist Richard Dawkins

“Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. That’s what's called insanity.”
Theoretical Physicist Albert Einstein

“How much of it is science, and how much of it is magic? We choose in the boundary.”
クローニ=ハルナート

Prologue

Reverberating with the violent sound of rain, a cold night…

Within a forest where countless trees were crowded in, a luxurious mansion had been built.

Standing in a prudently maintained, beautiful grand garden was a Western building that had a Middle Ages-like architecture.

It was a night sky covered in dull weather, where not a single star could be seen.

The mansion, being exposed to the violent downpour from up there, was— enveloped in flames.

“…I should have been able to make the whole family happy.”

Standing at a spacious balcony made of marble, a man in a tuxedo muttered. While his wet fringe stuck onto his forehead and his desolated shoulders were soaked, he was just overlooking the blazing garden below.

Even while the building and flowers were exposed to the raindrops, they were violently blazing. From there, the smell of oil was mixed in and drifting over. That was probably of the flammable material that was released out from the “enemy’s” flamethrower. Even when the man’s estate that was set on fire was almost burned up, it did not seem like that hand of fire loosened up.

Directly behind the man standing at the balcony, his wife—exposed to the rain like the man—was standing.

His wife in a dress lovingly pressed her forehead onto the man’s desolated back, and opened her lips.

“…It’s not like you’re at fault.”

His wife forgave the man and gently patted his back drown in despair.

Everything was—with no other way of putting it—a disaster.

Burdened with the important destiny of the life-and-death of his family, the man worked recklessly hard. And the result he got—“the thing he made”—turned out driving his family to ruins like this.

His good-will of his greatest intention turned out to be the worst kind of ill-will.

While bearing that mortification, the man’s eyes distorted and he said.

“…Did our daughter manage to escape successfully?”

“It’s alright.”

The wife desolately smiled and muttered behind the man.

“Our companion Kroney will surely get that girl away successfully. We just have to buy some time here like this for that girl’s sake.”

“We no longer have anything we can do for that girl other than that, do we… What useless adults, we are.”

“We probably… were not able to be good parents, were we?”

“I couldn’t even do anything father-like. I feel that I’ve done things that I’m sorry for to that girl.”

The two cuddling together expressed a sad smile together. They were thinking about the days they spent loving and accompanying each other till this moment, and those blissful memories made a smile appear on their faces.

When the two had nothing left to say, the world was soon engulfed in the sound of rain.

Then, the wall very near to them was destroyed, and a large silhouette flew out from inside.

The crimson flames blazing at the garden illuminated its huge body in the cold rainy night.

Its height was 3 meter. That silhouette was a praying mantis possessing a body of steel.

At the same time it broke through the concrete wall from inside the building and flew onto the balcony, it probably discovered the two of them. It thrust out its sharp giant sickles, and entered into a battle stance.

“… ‘A monster(metal intelligent being)’, huh?”

While looking up at the steel praying mantis, the man concluded without an expression.

From the hole in the wall that that praying mantis broke through, a human figure walked out a little later.

[—A scientific technique advanced enough is indistinguishable from magic.]

The human figure gave off the voice of a woman and appeared.

Walking out to the balcony, that human figure was also, like the praying mantis, illuminated by the flames.

The human figure was covered by thick metal armor all over her body. She had bulky gauntlets and shoulder guards. Pale-colored guards like armors of Western knights were put onto her limbs. There wasn’t even a tiny part where her skin was exposed, and that figure covered in armor almost could be seen as a machine taking on the appearance of a human.

In that right hand of hers—she was carrying a giant sickle like the one carried by a Grim Reaper.

The women covered in armor continued her speech.

[Certainly, that’s one of the Clark’s 3 laws. This metal armor that your family made might certainly be suitable to be called magic. For our idea to be enhanced to this extent… it is really an amazing technological power.]

Listening to the armored woman’s words, the wife said with a menacing look.

“…Our family had accomplished our task. You promised if we succeeded in making that power, our family would be able to return to your community. And yet, why… are you giving us this treatment?...”

The armored woman shrugged her shoulders.

[I recognize your family’s achievements. However, it’s unfortunate, but we are unable to accept you as our compatriots again. That’s the absolute blood law. It is impossible to welcome you, who have impure blood.]

The wife couldn’t help gritting her teeth at the calm attitude of the woman saying that.

“You didn’t plan on keep your promise from the start, did you… what cruel humans!”

[We are no longer humans. We’re ‘Aion’ a long time ago.]

While lightly warding off the glaring gaze from the front, the armored woman sighed.

[On top of being unable to accept you as ‘Pleroma’, we probably have no choice but to let you continue staying on this land. However, the circulation of your technological power amongst humans was deemed as dangerous. In that case, everything was that we had no choice… your family would have to perish.]

“How selfish…!”

[…That’s true.]

On top of admitting that honestly, the armored woman continued.

[Your family’s research data had all been seized by us. We had obtained everything we need. Therefore, we had already killed all the chamberlains, staffs and people we used that were in underground research establishment. We’ll be taking over after that. Thanks to your research, we’re able to undertake on more efficient tactics on the extinction of the human species. At the least, we’ll hand down a lengthy story of your family’s achievements—as ‘the ones who made the human world end.’]

At the same time as the woman’s words ended, the praying mantis monster, which was quiet till now, started to move.

It was a timing almost like it was waiting for the woman to finish her words.

“…You’re controlling the monster with 'Blood Hack', aren’t you?”

The man muttered with a loathsome look.

[That’s right. For beings with recessive heredity like you, it’s a power you don’t possess, right?]

During the time that the armored woman was speaking, the steel praying mantis had hop to the man and wife.

The praying mantis standing right in front of their eyes raised its giant sickle-shaped arm high up.

While looking at that sickle of despair, the two resigned to their deaths.

That sharp arm would go through their cranium like their brain, and should easily snatch away their lives.

Without looking at the attack that would terminate their lives, the two just calmly hugged together.

“…In the end, it looks like I couldn’t bring your happiness.”

“That’s not true.”

Denying the man’s words, the wife quietly shed tears.

“If I could be born again, I would choose you no matter what. I want to be your wife, and to grow old together with you. Thinking like that—I’ve always had happy days even up to today.”

Embracing his teary wife, the man too shed a trickle of tears.

“…Thank you.”

The raised sickle of despair swung downwards.

“I wanted to at least see that girl all grown up for even just a day.”

“Please… live… strongly… happily…”

The sharp sickle went through their flesh and even thrust in deeply into the marble floor.

Gushing blood soiled the top of the marble and flowed away together with the rainwater.

Looking down at the death two, the armored woman leaked a small sigh.

[There’s still the daughter, huh? …Geez, searching for her is probably going to take some time.]

The violent rain grew even stronger.

Burdened with “death” on her shoulders, that woman began to walk with the appearance of an apathetic cold armor.

In that destination of hers, she was awaiting the unimaginable future of atrocities.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Let me also post something
Spoiler! :
<!--Page 162 -->

“——What, stupid stupid, Kamito is such an idiot.”

With a plate of braided red hair Claire was running across the castle corridor.

She used her uniform’s sleeve to wipe away large drops of tears from her eyes.

——Claire has nothing to do with it.

Such cold thoughts about Kamito were continuously reverberating through her head.

(I, Kamito have no faith in me…..)

Thinking about that was too painful.

——You know about brother for sure, right Onee-chan?

(That’s right, I really don’t know anything about Kamito……)

Her chest was painful. Such an ordeal was tormenting her from inside.

What is this, this feeling?

(……Why, why do you not speak with me also?)

Claire walked trudgingly in order to wipe away her tears when her feet came to a sudden stop.

<!--Page 163 -->

Seeing all the young ladies walking through the corridor in dresses Claire turned away with what could be called as a dubious face.

(……Oh yes, there is something like a ball dance this evening)

As a matter of fact, thinking about this night yesterday, her chest was secretly pounding.

She had also bought a new dress along with the swimsuit as a preparation for this.

(No-Nothing, it’s not like I am wearing this for his sake……)

With Kamito’s face emerging while recalling that memory Claire began to contradict in serious denial.

(But, I was really looking forward to what kind of face would he make when seeing me in a dress……)

Considering such a thing made her face red in blush.

(No, what am I thinking? Kami—Kamito wouldn’t even care for such a thing)

She bit her lips tightly with teeth.

Quite suddenly, and surprisingly with a shimmer of hot air around her feet, a flame erupted with a cat-like appearance following her.

“……Scarlet, what is it?”

Claire asked mildly as she leaned over.

“You hungry? Canned Tuna is still in the room.”

Scarlet was pointedly waving its neck.

Right under Scarlet’s neck, she noticed a silver chain dangling.

“That’s……”
I will post till what I have done on wiki when ready. Manuscript is ready but still have to type in word. And there are still last 6 pages left completely untouched.

KH: Do do a one time review before posting.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:
Too lazy to do so. I don't want to give them hope that there's a new translator for the series. If anyone wants to do so, sure, but then again, it's just me being lazy...
Hm, if its like that than maybe I will do it if I am not too lazy myself if no other is found to do it and you arent against it and in the case I can identify which translation is for which project... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:
Hm, if its like that than maybe I will do it if I am not too lazy myself if no other is found to do it and you arent against it and in the case I can identify which translation is for which project... ;)
Well, I do have a list for which translations are which (btw, guys, do name which series you're doing next time as well so that I can update the front page)

January 28, 2013 — (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Volume 1, Chapter 6 City of Aliens, Final Part)
Spoiler! :
I walked out of the house, and saw that Meme-san parked her vehicle by the road, waiting for us in ambush.

Of course, that was not a type of car that was not an environmentally-friendly form or extremely convenient, but a common bicycle, a so-called lady’s bike.

“How~slow. The sun’s already so big. Why aren’t you out yet~ Hurry hurry~”

She even repainted her make-up impeccably during this short while.

“Don’t tell me we’re going to ferry three people on this bike?”

But though I said that, there was no other way, and I flirted with the idea of giving up here.

“No problems, this obaa-san here is a paper driver. It’s just a small gesture.”

“I don’t understand what you’re saying at all.” Did the heat or the cold damage Meme-san’s mind?

“Who’s riding?”Erio joined the conversation while speaking in perfect Japanese. Meme-san did not seem really excited as she naturally said,

“Of course it’s Mako-kun! Also, I’m sitting on the luggage. Wa~ it feels sweet and sour.”

“That’s because it’s about to rot! It’ll definitely become sweet once it ripens.” Also, it seems that Mako-kun became my standard nickname here.

I am an injured person, but it should be alright if I ride a bicycle with one hand.

“Where’s Erio sitting?”

“Here.” Both mother and daughter pointed at the same spot. Of it, it was the personalized basket for Erio.

“I’m not trying to play acrobatics here…”

…Well, never mind.

Erio sat inside the bicycle basket, functioning as cargo. Meme-san is sitting on the luggage, hugging me with both arms wrapped around me.

“Please don’t hug me.”

“How much ‘tsun’ is there in this line?”

“It’s not in terms of digits, but in hundredth. About 3.”

“Your attitude to me?”

“Around 5cm per second.”

I stepped on the pedals, and it was heavy to even spin one round.

Instead of me riding on the bicycle, it might be more appropriate to say that it glided down the slope once the stand was pushed in.

Including the bike, the 4 people and 5 wheels could not get away from this ‘gradual’ speed.

“Gravity depresses me the most!”

“I agree.”

Today, the bicycle will not fly into the sky.

It ferried us, who are not aliens, to a certain point on Earth.

Return to “Manga & Novel”