Index ending?

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ggqt
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Index ending?

Post by ggqt »

Cosmic Eagle wrote: No and far from it.

In fact the story is just reaching a climax of sorts. The entire goal now really is to cross into the Horusian era.

Also, your first part, given the kind of writer Kamachi is, pretty much as good as answers your question.
Hmm? No and far from what? The end of the series?

And if it's at the climax wouldn't that mean it is close to the end?

Oh and Shadowhearts, "ideas" are worthless. Get some us facts please, and make it shorter. That was way tl;dr
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Yes, far from the end.

Climax certainly. But after it's resolved, Kamachi may very well start another long plot. It's very possible given his style.

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Considering how long it took Kamachi to, supposedly, "set up" the beginning... let's just say it'll take him another good 20 or 30 volumes to end things... if he wants to. Calculate that by gaps between releases.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ggqt
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ggqt »

Ah okay.

Sadly that's most likely what he is going to do. He likes to drag out his stories so he can make more books.

If really drags it out for 30 more books that would be ridiculous.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

That's not necessarily bad is it.

If the story needs that long for it to be properly done then so be it....

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
ggqt
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ggqt »

No; it's bad. If he wanted to he could have ended the story a very long time ago. That is assuming he stuck to the main plot and did not make a ridiculous amount of side characters. And the sad part is even up to the current novel he is still adding more side characters.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Well to each his own then...

I find that his execution and story telling remain solid and the creation of a setting that rich appealing.

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
ggqt
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ggqt »

It'd be fine if he actually resolved something once and a while, but as far as answers go we've gotten next to nothing. Like I said in the beginning of this thread.

It's because his stories sell well that he keeps making more side characters so he can drag the story out longer. Can you even think of a reason for there to be so many side characters and stories?

And not a superficial reason like;"he has more story to tell"

Can you think of an actual reason for it, it's not like he could not have resolved everything in his first twenty books if he wanted to.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

With that kind of world-building and character setting and plot advancement, sure he could, but not without major backlash. He has to answer everything from the major stuff to the minor, seeing how he developed almost every single thing in the series. If a minor character can get depth, imagine that as a domino effect up to the main hero and villain. The next thing I hope won't get major development is a random shopkeeper in Academy City. Then again, considering this is Kamachi we're talking about, looks like he can crush my hopes anytime.

Anyways, if you need an idea how much he needs to "tell" before he can give you an end, I present you this dramatis personae, if you haven't taken note of it already. Please note that at the rate Kamachi keeps pumping new characters and plot, it got outdated real quick, you might need to refer more to know, then maybe you'll understand my reasoning why he'll take long to finish - and probably will go on longer if he wants (or is told by his editor to).
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

ggqt wrote:No; it's bad. If he wanted to he could have ended the story a very long time ago. That is assuming he stuck to the main plot and did not make a ridiculous amount of side characters. And the sad part is even up to the current novel he is still adding more side characters.
I don't get it, how is finishing a story fast a good thing? That's the last thing any normal fan would want.

Flipping the argument around, I for one certainly can't think of any reason why he should end the story in the first 22 books. The publishers can make more money, the fans can get more of what they want, it's a win-win situation.

Story becoming stale is only an issue if the author has run out of idea, but that clearly isn't the case here- If anything he has too much ideas to try out.
ggqt
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ggqt »

Assassin you did not really add anything I made all those points already.

Chaos2Frozen there is a difference between a long story and a dragged out one, which you clearly don't know lol.

And you really can't think of one? Even after I pointed a few out?

I also said to give a non-superficial reason; that's all you gave.

There are more holes I could point out in your logic but I think I iterated my point well enough.
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

ggqt wrote:Assassin you did not really add anything I made all those points already.

Chaos2Frozen there is a difference between a long story and a dragged out one, which you clearly don't know lol.

And you really can't think of one? Even after I pointed a few out?

I also said to give a non-superficial reason; that's all you gave.

There are more holes I could point out in your logic but I think I iterated my point well enough.
Yes, i'm clearly the idiot one among the two of us that can't tell differences :roll: You got me there.

Erm, no. All you've ever said was that it's bad- Just because.

Like how people say the devil is bad- just because.

If you like to pretend your reasons for this aren't superficial as well then by all means go ahead.

I'll say again- there is nothing to gain with ending a story when there's still so much you can do with it, and so much everyone can benefit from it... In fact you're the only strange one I've seen between here, Animesuki and even the Japanese blogs that is calling for the series to end. Sure maybe there are others, but this is certainly my first. Unless you're just a hater then that's a different case...
ggqt
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ggqt »

Lol I don't think you know what "superficial" means. I never say anything "just because" I think so. Pretty sure I've shown that to you already.

The problem he is not doing anything with the story, as I've said already. It's blatantly obvious by the fact he's added so many side characters. He's no longer telling the actual story, he is just making more characters and back story that has nothing to do with the main plot.

If you think that's fine then you are an idiot lol, but.... you've kind of already proven you are. Do I need to type out another long scientific proven reason as to why you are wrong again?
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

ggqt wrote:Lol I don't think you know what "superficial" means. I never say anything "just because" I think so. Pretty sure I've shown that to you already.
I'm looking at your reply to cosmic-

"That's not necessarily bad is it. "

"No; it's bad. If he wanted to he could have ended the story a very long time ago. That is assuming he stuck to the main plot and did not make a ridiculous amount of side characters. And the sad part is even up to the current novel he is still adding more side characters."

HOW IS THAT ANSWERING ANYTHING?! How is keeping the story early bad for it? How is ending the story early good for it?
ggqt wrote: The problem he is not doing anything with the story, as I've said already. It's blatantly obvious by the fact he's added so many side characters. He's no longer telling the actual story, he is just making more characters and back story that has nothing to do with the main plot.
No, the problem is YOU are not going to accept anything you don't find interesting to be a main story.

You don't care about God's Right Seat or Gremlin, so to you there's only one main story.
ggqt wrote: If you think that's fine then you are an idiot lol, but.... you've kind of already proven you are. Do I need to type out another long scientific proven reason as to why you are wrong again?
Please, you couldn't even do it in a short, logical sentence that doesn't amount to "That's not what I like, it doesn't fit into my ideals."
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

If you can say that we did not add anything to add to that which you have known then I can declare that we have nothing else to tell you. What else might you not be getting I wonder, and why is that?

Return to “Manga & Novel”