Translations of the Day.

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Translations of the Day.

Post by Teh_ping »

January 29, 2013 — (Rental Magica Volume 11, Chapter 4 Inquisition of a Magician Part 2)
Spoiler! :
The regular meeting ended, and the ethers in the hall increased.

Many new magicians appeared one after another to attend the meeting, and the magicians who were invited by the <Association> shone their Ethers into the hall of the <Academy>.

On a side note, the official language used was English, but the occasional private banter had French, German or even Arabian mixed in it. If Itsuki is around, he’ll definitely feel awkward here. Honami found it quite hilarious to think about such a scene.

Amongst them, there was a familiar figure.

(Mr. Jerome.)

Honami lifted her face.

It was unknown if the man detected her stare. He met the girl straight in the eyes for an instant, and immediately looked away.

“…Is that so.”

There was a soft muttering.

Beside her, Adelicia seemed to realize the significance behind this as she could not help but gulp.

(So that means Mr Nekoyashiki…can’t make it…)

This was an expected outcome, but it was still hard to bear.

After making their decisions, the two girls steadied their breathing.

The basic crux to both magic and negotiations were the same. They required both a strong sense of will and a soft delicacy—simply put, it would be determined by whether they could remain calm in any situations.

“Do you want to rest at the back, Honami? It might be better to stand around as a lifeless puppet than to be a shaken ally.”

“Humph, I’m not used to this kind of big event like a certain person.”

Both of them were squabbling, seemingly thinking that this was the last chance.

And then, they both looked down at the same time.

“Then—let’s begin the inquisition of <Astral>.”

At the center of the hall, Darius Levi declared.

—At the same time.

In a forest located on the outskirts of the <Academy>, southeast of London.

There was a narrow path nearby.

There was a torrent of rain just like how it was inside the city, and a vague silhouette appeared on the concrete floor.

That silhouette was the only thing standing on the path. It was likely due to the extremely heavy rain that there were no signs of any vehicles nearby, and the road was practically flooded.

“Really…this kind of rain…isn’t very good…for the health…”

Ack ack, the silhouette coughed after saying that.

That was a youth with blueish-white skin, and he had thick bags under the eyes.

He was wearing a unique black hat and a yellow robe over the well-made tunic, and this appearance was just like a doctor in the Middle Ages. If it were anyone else wearing it, it could only be considered a spectacle, but this clothing really fit this youth.

Or rather, he looked like an ancient phantom that was attracted by the rain.

“Yes…yes…looks like…the bleeding is successful…it’s been tough…really tough on you…<Yesod>…”

The youth stared at his palm.

His hand was holding onto a small bronze figure.

No,

In fact, the figure was shaking on its own.

The figure in the youth’s hand was moving on its own like a live animal.

It was a weird looking snake that was biting its own tail. This snake-figure that had a ‘∞’ shape was called Ouroboros in a certain style of magic. It was wriggling its snake body and widened its eyes suddenly.

“Yes…in that case…there will be no problems…”

The youth smiled as he held onto the snake figure.

“Come…let’s begin.”

He was one of the “Ophion” members.

This youth who called himself Melkiore moved on to the melancholic grey forest—the <Academy>.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

January 30, 2013 — (Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Volume 11 Epilogue, Awakening of a King, First Part)
Spoiler! :
“…”

He had no idea how long he slept.

He did not have even the faintest idea.

There was no sense of time.

All he knew that he slept for a long time.

His arms, body all felt really numb. Looking at how unreactive his muscles were, perhaps it had been 2 days?

No, maybe he had been sleeping for around 3 days.

His eyes felt heavy, and he felt that it was so difficult to open them.

However, Ryner,

“…Nn”

He still opened his eyes.

And he lifted his eyes to the sky.

However, the rain stopped falling.

Sion was no around.

The assassin was nowhere to be seen.

No, that was not all. He was not outside the house.

“…Fm.”

Ryner looked around.

He found that this was a place he saw before.

It was a room made of icy cold stones and metal grills.

That was a jail cell.

And it was the cell Ryner stayed in for 2 years in place of Kiefer.

“Erm…what exactly is going on here?”

Saying this, Ryner supported his upper body, and felt his shoulders and arms aching.

“It hurts.”

He frowned.

Ryner looked at his arms and shoulders, and found that they were all bandaged.

“…Ah~, I see. So I was burnt by that guy who was burning like fire…but someone dealt with it for me.”

Right. The wounds caused by Sion’s subordinates were carefully dealt with.

And then,

“That guy said that he wanted to kill me…but he never did.”

Ryner felt uninterested as he grumbled.

And then, he checked on his current location.

However, there was no need to think about that.

“…I’m imprisoned, right?”

But why?

He sat down on the floor with his legs folded, his arms folded as he thought of a reason.

The reason would probably be because of what happened that night.

That incident that happened on that rainy night. No, that incident that happened who knew how many days ago.

The incident that night.

What exactly, was that about?

“…”

Was that something happening in reality?

Sion became really weird and took out a weird black sword. A woman’s arm came flying out from the chest, and the surroundings vanished. It was a scene that had no sense of realism…

“Eh? What? Was that a dream?”

Ryner asked himself, but the bandage on his arms and shoulders negated his doubts.

That was reality.

Sion tried to kill Ryner…

That was the truth.

“…”

Ryner went silent.

Too many things happened in a short while, and his mind could not function freely at the moment. However, that was still a fact in the end.

“…Really, if only it was a dream.”

Ryner said with a tired voice.

But it was not a dream.

It was reality.

Sion looked like he was involved in some ridiculous situation.

But what exactly was it? What happened to that guy…

“…”

But at this moment, Ryner shook his head.

“No no, I’m wrong here. Now’s not the time to think about this.”

There was something more important than this.

At this point, Sion was involved in some incident; who was the woman who reached her arm out from the chest; who exactly Lucille was; all the ridiculous things like ‘alpha’ and ‘omega’, but none of them was important.

Currently, the most important thing—

“…”

The most important issue was that guy.

Sion was bawling like a fool.

That guy was wincing painfully as he cried like an idiot.

He needed help, he wanted to run away, but that idiot tried to bear all responsibility himself.

That idiot, who often liked to bully others, who nagged a lot, would not say anything when it came to important things.

That guy, really,

“What was that idiot doing?”

Ryner frowned as he said.

He stood up, and his shoulders and arms that were burnt started hurting again. He opened the bandages wrapped around his arms slightly to look beneath, and found that there were severe burns underneath.

“…Wow, no wonder it hurts so much…will they leave scars?”

There would be some sort of limit in recovery even if healing magic arrays were used.

If it can’t not be treated, ahh~, well,

“I’ll just complain to Sion next time.”
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

January 31, 2013 — (Tokyo Ravens Volume 1 Chapter 1, A Certain Son from the Branch Family, Part 1)
Spoiler! :
It was an incident that happened who knew how many years ago.

When the adult relatives gathered for an occasion, Harutora and Natsume would often play with each other.

The playful Harutora would often get hurt, but the princess of the main family, Natsume was very modest and docile. She was scared of meeting strangers, and head few friends. Thus, whenever Harutora came by, her face would turn red with excitement. She would listen to whatever Harutora would say, and would follow him no matter where he went.

The place they often played at were the garden surrounding the mansion.

There was a bamboo forest in this wide garden, a lake, some stone lanterns, some fake hills, moss, little insects, shrines and so on. It was filled with delight and adventure.

But during one time, when they were playing, Natsume was suddenly frightened as she hid behind Harutora. She would give a crying look when they were playing tag or hide and seek, and she would hug Harutora tightly as she said,

I think there’s something,

Looking right at me.

Harutora could not see anything.

At first, he thought that Natsume was being too scared, called her a scaredy-cat, a crybaby, and even told her off.

Just go back to the adults if you’re so scared. I can play on my own.

Because of Harutora, Natsume almost ended up crying. However, she did not do so, but managed to endure, making a smiling face as she continued to play with Harutora.

But when Harutora heard from his parents that Natsume was ‘a child who could see’, he knew he was wrong.

Natsume was not scared, but saw something Harutora did not see.

Sorry.

Natsume’s eyes became round when she saw Harutora lower his head in apology. Harutora continued to insist that it was his fault, and he apologized, saying that it was his fault.

I can’t see anything that scares me, and whatever I can’t see can’t scare me.

Thus, when you’re scared, I’ll definitely protect you, Natsume.

And so, Natsume suddenly mumbled some words to herself, and then gave Harutora an expectant look.

Can you become my shikigami?

At that time, Harutoa did not understand the meaning behind her words. What’s a shikigami? He asked, and Natsume shook her head, saying, I don't know. Granny said that a shikigami would protect me, you will become my shikigami as part of our family’s ‘tradiation’, Harutora, and you will stay by me and protect me.

But Harutora still did not understand.

What is this ‘tradition’?

It’s decided between my family and your family, Harutora.

Is that so? Why didn’t I hear of it?

But it was determined as such.

Natsume answered with a forced tone, feeling like her most valuable incantations were treated like fools, and Harutora felt embarrassed by it. Natsume then showed an insecure look the moment she saw Harutora’s expression.

Will you not…become my shikigami?

Her voice was trembling, and Harutora panicked, thinking, I made her cry again.

However, Natsume was not crying. She was restless, scared, and her eyes looked like they were about to cry, but Harutora saw that those eyes were not wavering. Those eyes looked like they were a lake surface on a mountain in the clouds, showing only the reflection of the skies and space. There was a strong-willed determination in a way Harutora did not know of.

He looked like he was attracted by Natsume’s eyes. It’s fine. He answered.

Okay, I’ll become your shikigami, Natsume. I’ll always stay by you and protect you.

Natsume raised her right hand and extended her little finger. Harutora too reached his right hand out and used his own little finger to hook onto Natsume’s finger.

tr1_011

Natsume started to chant, and looked so serious it was scary. Harutora too followed, and their voices formed a promise.

Once she released her hand, Natsume looked like she won the biggest lottery in life as she showed a radiant smile. Harutora saw that dazzling smile and thought that they finally made up.

But why was I not smiling as brightly as Natsume? His mind was thinking that this was good, but there was a part in his heart where he just could not calm down. It felt like he swallowed a piece of candy that was as large as a fist.

It felt heavy, painful, but he could not spit it out—

It felt very sweet when he licked it.

After that, both of them continued to play in the mansion’s garden like usual. Whenever Natsume looked scared, Harutora would look at the place where there was nothing, swing his fists, yell bravely and pursue the thing only Natsume could see.

No matter what happened, he definitely must not let her get hurt.

—it had been who knew how many years ago.

At that moment, Harutora still did not understand what the ‘future’ meant.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

February 1, 2013 — (Baka Test v10.5 Me and Rabbit and an Ambiguous First Love, second last part)
Spoiler! :
I did not remember how I ran.

Before I realized it, I was back at my hospital room when the lights were out, and I buried my face in the pillow, crying.

—Why is that that I cannot do anything?

—What am I doing wrong?

—Why is it that I am so useless?

This sudden sequence of events caused me to have negative thoughts.

—No matter what I do, someone like me will keep failing.

—Am I an existence that annoys people when I approach them?

—If that is really the case, am I going to be hated by everyone for the rest of my life?

I lost my little friend, and I could not stop hating myself as I cried for a rather long time. The nurse checking the room would probably feel annoyed about talking to me, so I covered the blanket over myself and continued to cry.

My throat hurt, and my tears were dry.

I lifted my head weakly, and saw that the hands on the clock pointed at 11.

“I should be sleeping now…”

I did not feel like sleeping, but I had to do this.

Okaa-san will be troubled if my body weakens even more after another late night. I don’t want okaa-san to hate me here…

“I don’t want to have any dreams tonight, whether they’re good or bad…”

I did not want to experience both the pain of the dream or the loneliness of waking up.

I closed my eyes that were swollen from the crying, slipped the blanket over myself again, and at this moment
“Hachoo!”

My ears suddenly heard this voice.

“Eh…?”

I dragged my sleeping body up and looked around.

This voice, did someone sneeze…?

Was it from the next room? But the walls were not so thin that a sneeze could be heard…
“Hachoo!”

As I thought about that, I heard that voice again.

The voice came from the large window facing the courtyard.

I, who was so tired from crying that I could not turn my head, did not want to think of anything as I got off the bed and pulled the curtain aside.

And then, I was shocked and speechless by the scene outside the window.

“Wh…y…?”

There was a tall and large tree outside the window.

And Yoshii-kun’s body was shaking as he sat on a branch.

“Yoshii-kun!?”

I opened the window and called out to Yoshii-kun who was outside.

“Ah, Mizuki-chan, good evening.”

Yoshii-kun greeted me just like how he would greet me when I was on my way to school.

“Good evening isn’t the issue here! Why are you over there!?”

In contrast, I asked back in a thoroughly confused manner.

And then, Yoshii-kun stared at my face and said.

“Because you look really sad, Mizuki-chan.”

Eh…?

“Do you know? It’s better to be with someone else at this time.”

Yoshii-kun beamed as he looked like he was trying to encourage me. On the other hand, I was becoming more and more confused because I could not understand Yoshii-kun’s actions.

To be with someone else…so he’s been sitting on the tree outside so late at night, in such a cold weather, all for this!?

If he says that he wants to be together, would it not be meaningless to be outside without myself knowing in the first place!?

Why—

“Why must you do this!? You can just leave me alone!”

It is better to forget about someone like me who cannot do anything, who can only add onto other people’s troubles!

In response to my words, Yoshii-kun said with an incredulous look,

“Eh? Why must I leave you alone?”

Why? Why in…!

“Because of me! I said that I do not like you already, Yoshii-kun!? Did you not hear me say it that time!?”

“Yeah, I did hear it.”

“Then—!”

Then you would definitely hate me—

“But I do not mind about that. Onee-chan always said that I am not popular with girls, and also—”

Yoshii-kun kept his always smiling face as he continued,

“—Even if you don’t like me, Mizuki-chan, I do like you.”

At that moment, all the words that rushed to my mouth vanished.

Yoshii-kun’s ‘like’ and my ‘like’ were different. I knew that he was talking about the like between friends.

But even so—these words were already a big treasure I gained.

“Ah, that’s right. I got something I want to give you, Mizuki-chan.”

As I was at a loss of words, Yoshii-kun agilely used the branch to get to the window.

“Here, a get-well-soon gift.”

Yoshii-kun said as he pulled out something small from his pocket.

“…A rabbit, hairclip…?”

“Yeah.”

Yoshii-kun nodded.

“You might become very depressed about seeing rabbits, Mizuki-chan…but that kid definitely won’t wish for this.”

Yoshii-kun said as he was at arm’s length from me.

“So I hope you’ll continue to like rabbits for that kid’s sake, Mizuki-chan.”

And then, Yoshii-kun reached his hand out and put the rabbit hairclip onto my hair.

“Un. You look like a ‘Snow Rabbit’, Mizuki-chan, just like what everyone says.” (TN: The real meaning of the nickname 'yuki' given to Mizuki. Yuki means snow, btw.)

Once again, he showed the smiling face I liked most.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:January 21, 2013 — (Slayers Volume 15, Main Series, Demon Slayer, Final Part)
Did you mean with Final Part the epilogue?
Teh_ping wrote: January 23, 2013 — (My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected, Chapter 7: The God of Romcom will occasionally do something good, Final Part, 2nd half)
January 22, 2013 — (My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected, Chapter 7: The God of Romcom will occasionally do something good, Final Part, 1st
Is that chapter 7 of vol 1.?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:January 21, 2013 — (Slayers Volume 15, Main Series, Demon Slayer, Final Part)
Did you mean with Final Part the epilogue?
Final Part of the final chapter. Demon Slayer is the chapter's title.
Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:January 23, 2013 — (My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected, Chapter 7: The God of Romcom will occasionally do something good, Final Part, 2nd half)
January 22, 2013 — (My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected, Chapter 7: The God of Romcom will occasionally do something good, Final Part, 1st
Is that chapter 7 of vol 1.?
Yeah, unless edsamac wants to add in the character profile after this part, this would be the last part.

Ah, Darklor, don't add the Shippai Kinshi Epilogue. I'll leave it to Kira to handle. Same as Campione 12 epilogue for TJP.

*Sees Campione Update*

I'll just ask TJP if she wants me to continue...

*Sees Campione deleted*

Well, TJP replied me and told me not to upload it. Given that she has more than half the volume complete, I'm cool with that (or rather, I'll gladly leave it to her so that the styles will match, and I didn't intend to upload that one in the first place)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:Final Part of the final chapter. Demon Slayer is the chapter's title.
Hm, and I thought Demon Slayer is the title of the whole volume 15...

Do you count the epilogue as a own chapter?
Teh_ping wrote:Ah, Darklor, don't add the Shippai Kinshi Epilogue. I'll leave it to Kira to handle.
I couldnt even remember that we have that... also what is the problem with that?
Teh_ping wrote:*Sees Campione deleted*
k. I wouldnt have mind - I take what I can get ;) - (my idea was to add those first for which we already have a project ;) - the others would need more work because of the creation of a teaser project page...)

btw. I think that would be the same for the Mushi, Eyeball and a Sterile Disinfection partly translation so I wont add it... (its registered by Brynhilde)
Teh_ping wrote: January 29, 2013 — (Rental Magica Volume 11, Chapter 4)
Is it Deliberations or Inquisition of a Magician ?
Teh_ping wrote: January 17, 2013 — (No Game No Life, Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part)
Which part is it?

Darklor

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:Final Part of the final chapter. Demon Slayer is the chapter's title.
Hm, and I thought Demon Slayer is the title of the whole volume 15...

Do you count the epilogue as a own chapter?
I just whacked that from a Chinese source since I can't find the JP one...Technically, it should be the epilogue, but I can't find the title of the epilogue.
Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:Ah, Darklor, don't add the Shippai Kinshi Epilogue. I'll leave it to Kira to handle.
I couldnt even remember that we have that... also what is the problem with that?
That's kira's project to handle. :mrgreen:
Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:*Sees Campione deleted*
k. I wouldnt have mind - I take what I can get ;) - (my idea was to add those first for which we already have a project ;) - the others would need more work because of the creation of a teaser project page...)

btw. I think that would be the same for the Mushi, Eyeball and a Sterile Disinfection partly translation so I wont add it... (its registered by Brynhilde)
Right on, but I got killed by zzhk and TJP when you added the Campione chapter :lol:. I didn't intend to upload that precisely because I didn't want to get in TJP's way, but I translated it for the lolz (same goes for Bryn and Mushi)
Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote: January 29, 2013 — (Rental Magica Volume 11, Chapter 4)
Is it Deliberations or Inquisition of a Magician ?
Inquisition
Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote: January 17, 2013 — (No Game No Life, Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part)
Which part is it?
First part of the text.

Anyway, I'll add purple text on the first post to indicate which ones can be uploaded safely so that I won't be killed next time.

As for this part, this will replace Kira's translation (with his permission) http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 1_Chapter1

February 4, 2013 — (Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro...... Volume 1, Chapter 1 Aren't you already dead? (Need to change the title), Part 1/First Part)
Spoiler! :
(Uwaa…why are they all girls?)

Koremitsu looked around the funeral and felt shocked.

The high-class blazer and black shirt combination was the uniform of Koremitsu’s school, Heian Academy. There were also other uniforms like one-piece and sailor uniforms, vests, bolero jackets with ribbons, and so many variations it was shocking as there were girls wearing all kinds of school uniforms standing there.

That was not all,

There was a female university student in a stylish looking black clothing,

“Hikaru, Hikaru.”

A intellectual-looking office lady-like woman beside her was covering her face with a handkerchief as her shoulders continued to shudder. A rich-looking lady was in tears behind this woman as her eyes looked down. There was also a young girl who looked like a primary school student, and she was no exception as her eyes were swollen red, filled with tears.

Koremitsu, who checked on the funeral date and time on the school bulletin board, came along, and soon regretted.

Amongst the crying girls, there was a high school boy who bent his back, had messy red hair, sharp eyes and a frowning mouth standing there, and he looked really outstanding there.

Those attending the funeral would occasionally give suspicious stares to Koremitsu.

Even the girls wearing the Heian Academy were shocked, wondering why the extremely infamous freshman was present.

However, none of them dared to ask why he came by. They bit their lips while pretending to look at something, look away uncomfortably and walk away.

Even if anyone were to ask Koremitsu, he himself could not explain.

(really, why must I come to the funeral of this Itsuki that has such an abundant lie when I never actually talked to him much?)

Mikado Hikaru’s funerary was placed above the white sandalwood incense at the front of the hall that was filled with people.

The pretty angelic-like boy smiled as he laid there, surrounded by white tulips, lilies and carnations.

He had a transparent-like white skin, clear eyes, neat nose, nicely-shaped lips, slender head, and a certain girl-like purity and sweetness.

Right, when they met in school for the first time, he was wondering why there was a girl wearing a boy’s uniform.

And that—afterwards, he learnt that this very approachable boy with a unique voice was the one called the imperial prince of the school.

He was not the ‘prince’, but an ‘imperial prince’, a title that indicated the elegance of ‘Your Hikaru’ much better. The girls who graduated from middle school and the newly joined high-school girls were chatting about him in a dreamy manner, and that was how he got to hear about this.

Anyway, he was extremely popular, and many girls started to like him when he was in the affiliated kindergarten.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

February 5, 2013 — (Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Volume 1 Chapter 1: Natsume Sōseki "Sōseki's Complete Collection, New Edition" (Iwanami Shoten))
Spoiler! :
Biblia1_011

I was bad at reading books ever since I was young.

Of course, books that were typed out were even more of a no-go for me. After a long time of flipping through pages and reading every single word, I would feel extremely frustrated for some reason. My heart would scream loudly as it beat, my palms would be sweaty, and in the end, my mood would become bad. I might say that I had a phobia of books.

Thus, I suffered a lot in school. No matter which subject it was, the textbooks had printed words on them. It was alright when I had to take notes during lessons, but my English and Modern Language grades were horrible since I had to memorize them. I could feel the hairs on my neck stand whenever I hear the term ‘Reading Comprehension’.

I told my mother and my teachers about this, but all I got was some encouragement as they told me that it could not be helped that I hated books. It was natural for people to have their own strengths and weaknesses, so I did not have to worry too much.

I was really grateful for their words, but it was a complete misunderstanding of my problem. I do not hate reading books, but I just cannot read on even if I wanted to. Whenever I read, my body will start to resist.

Part of the reason why this misunderstanding was never cleared was because I was bad at explaining, and more importantly, because I looked as if I had no relations with reading at all. Whenever I went, my large, tall figure and my muscular body just looked so outstanding. Anyone who saw me would think that I was a physical-type. I was always chosen to take part in games meet and sports festivals, and I would often be invited to join sports clubs.

However, I had no real interest in sports. I wanted to read. I often took up the role of a library committee member, and I did not feel that it was tedious to tidy up the library books as everyone thought. At that time, I enjoyed staring at the spines of the books from one end of the bookshelf. There was no problem if I did not open the pages, but imagined it.

By the way, this ‘nature’ did not come naturally. There is a cause behind this thinking. It is a story about Sōseki’s complete collection, and a prelude to my story.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:
Right on, but I got killed by zzhk and TJP when you added the Campione chapter :lol:. I didn't intend to upload that precisely because I didn't want to get in TJP's way, but I translated it for the lolz (same goes for Bryn and Mushi)
Sorry - I didnt thought someone would take offense.

So that were stories you liked so much so that you couldnt wait until they were complete translated?

Darklor

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

^I just look around places like bookstores and such, pick a random book, let it drop to the floor, see which chapter it lands on, and translate from there.

Hyperbole aside, it's not a 'must-translate' kind of thing for me. I just want to try out different stories to grasp the styles.

February 5, 2013 — (Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Volume 1 Chapter 1: Natsume Sōseki "Sōseki's Complete Collection, New Edition" (Iwanami Shoten))
Spoiler! :
The middle of the valley was approximately 300m wide, a clear blue lake surface.

There was no wind in the valet, and the water surface that was bluer than the sky looked like a half-opened sapphire as it looked like it was inlaid in this valley.

On both sides of the lakes, on the slope that were about 1m away from the water surface, there was a road each.

There was a camouflaged armored car on the northern road, and the southern side had a mainland transcontinental luxury express car. Both cars were moving extremely slow, almost at a walking pace.

“So pretty—”

Allison could see the scenery on the lake from the gap between the curtains.

Ville, who was wearing the headgear, continued to carry his anti-tank rifle as he saw the same thing outside,

“It’s really pretty.”

He muttered inadvertently. After that, sorry, Major Stoke came over to block his sights. He was holding a magazine filled with ten rounds of ‘cannons’, and slid it into the open hole above the mechanical port.

“Major.”

“Hm? What is it?”

“I really find this lake to be really beautiful every time I come by here.”

“Oh, yeah. This is a treasure of Suu Be Ilu.”

“Isn’t Major Stoke the one to always told us not to destroy this place?”

“Yeah…but though he’s rather stiff in some ways, I do agree on this.”

“But when I see such a beautiful scene—”

“Hm?”

“I do hate my job a little.”

“It can’t be helped. That’s our mission.”
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:^I just look around places like bookstores and such, pick a random book, let it drop to the floor, see which chapter it lands on, and translate from there.

Wouldnt that damage the books? :shock:

Uhm, is there a chance that the The Most Irresponsible Man in Space drops to the floor too? :twisted:
Teh_ping wrote:^January 9, 2013 — (The story involving the original eyepatched girl, First Half, Chapter 5, Part 7/Latter part)
Oh, that is part of Another?

btw. When you write "part" without any extras you always mean part 1?

Darklor

chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Spoiler! :
<!-- Page 175 -->

The contents of those two’s conversation was almost inaudible from the corridor.

Like that, they were ultimately seen. <!-- そうしているうちに、見てしまつた。A problem here. –Chancs -->

Those two kissed.

“Aa——“

*sniff*

Teardrops fell on the floor.

(No, why are tears……)

She used the sleeve of her uniform to rub her eyes.

(Why, why……)

Why it is such—— the chest is throbbing.

(......Kamito, wasn’t even displeased. There was no resistance at all.)

She couldn’t stop tears from overflowing.

Claire ran away from there and dashed through the corridors.

The lazy me
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

You know...instead of creating all those teaser pages, you might as well just move this topic over to the teaser project thread...

Also, as of this post, don't add anything that is not indicated to be black on the first post. Purple titles are okay, black are not.
Darklor wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:^January 9, 2013 — (The story involving the original eyepatched girl, First Half, Chapter 5, Part 7/Latter part)
Oh, that is part of Another?

btw. When you write "part" without any extras you always mean part 1?
The thing is, there are those stories that are not numbered in any way, so I try to stick with the beginning and not let it feel out of place out of a sudden.

February 7, 2013 — (Accel World Volume 9, Chapter 3, Last Part)
Spoiler! :
At the high rise-mansion Haruyuki, Takumu and Chiyuri stayed at in Koenji North, there was a large shopping mall from basement one to the third level.

It was just an ordinary night, families and couples embracing each other could be seen on the central passage of the first floor. Haruyuki could not help but feel a sense of deja vu as he trotted his way past the happy smiling faces.

Right—it was that day in April this year. It was the day when the burst linker who suddenly appeared from Umesato, the <<predator>> Dusk Taker, robbed the only ability Silver Crow had, <<Flight Ability>>.Every day, Haruyuki was ordered to give his burst link points, and he ran through the customers in tears.

At that time, he was saved by Ash Roller, who was involved in a <<duel>> on Kannana. Haruyuki met his parent Sky Raker, and gave himself the 2 powers, the “Incarnate System” and “Gale Thrusters”. After an intense battle, he finally managed to beat Dusk Taker.

However, he could not rely on anyone this time. If he met anyone in the Accel World, Haruyuki would not be able to ensure that he would not attack anyone randomnly.

He thought about it, and realized that the act of diving into the Unlimited Natural Field itself carried a certain amount of risk. Inside it, he might end up facing an opponent he did not want to fight out of coincidence. In that case, it might be a better decision for me to pull off the Neuro-linker from my neck, snap it and throw it into the fountain. Maybe destroying the BB program that was installed is the only way to bury the “Disaster Armor”…

At this moment,

There was a neat set of shoes that entered Haruyuki’s eyes as he lowered his head and ran to the entrance.

The black polished loafers were not new, but they were a nice pair. There were also white socks, slender calves and a checkered pleated skirt fluttering slightly on her.

Someone—most likely a girl, got in Haruyuki’s way, and was standing in the central passage of the shopping mall. Perhaps she was operating a virtual desktop, and she did not have manners in this sense. Even so, Haruyuki did not have the courage to go through her as he pretended not to look at this person, turned left and changed his course.

But for some reason, the black loafers moved to his left as well and continued to block his path.

Haruyuki started to feel somewhat annoyed as he turned right, but the owner of the shoes turned in the same direction. Once both of them were 1 meter away from each other, Haruyuki could only stop reluctantly.

He continued to lower his head and whispered,

“…Sorry, please let me through.”

Ah, sorry!

Of course, he hoped for a response similar to that—however, after a short moment of silence, an unexpected reply came with a very weak voice.

“…I won’t let you…through.”

……Huh!?

As things developed to this extent, even Haruyuki had to straighten his arched body.

He looked up and saw the face of the mysterious girl blocking his wave. Above the checkered skirt was an ivory colored school cardigan. There was a ribbon near the shirt if the same color as the skirt, and it was a rather fashionable design for a school uniform. She could be seen carrying a small shoulder pouch as well.

She was most probably a middle schooler, and her body shape was rather petite. However, her slender shoulders were spread out 30 degrees, and she really wanted to block Haruyuki who was much bigger than her.

Speechless, Haruyuki finally looked at the face of this other party.

He had no impression on both the voice and the uniform. The appearance gave the neat impression of a boy, and the hair was short cut. Haruyuki was bad at remembering people’s faces, but he was almost certain that this was the first time they met. The reason why he did not dare to conclude was because he instinctively looked away the moment he saw the face.

The reason was because the almond-like eyes of the mysterious girl were flowing with tears.

He had no idea why, in the middle of a shopping mall full of customers, he had to be blocked by a female middle schooler who was about to cry. Thus, Haruyuki switched off his panic switch and spoke again.

“Well…I, I think you’re mistaken. Sorry, I’m in a rush…”

[[Image:Accel_World_v09_130.jpg|thumb]]

And then, he changed directions for the third time as he wanted to cut through by the left—but Haruyuki’s right hand.

Was grabbed by the teary looking girl with unexpected strength. At the same time, there was a voice that was softer than before.

“I’m definitely not…mistaken here. I won’t let you walk away.”

“Huh…!? Wh-why…I, I didn’t do anything…”

Haruyuki noticed the stares around him as he quickly responded.

In contrast, the girl’s answer was that of a firm denial.

“No…you did it. You, saved, me.”

The girl stuttered, had tears swelling in her eyes, and continued,

“I’m…Ash Roller.”
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:You know...instead of creating all those teaser pages, you might as well just move this topic over to the teaser project thread...
Wont do that because I am interested in a feedback for each series. For feedback regarding the "a translation a day" initiative we could add a poll here and make the thread sticky...
Teh_ping wrote:Also, as of this post, don't add anything that is not indicated to be black on the first post. Purple titles are okay, black are not.
Hm, and I thought the purple titles are those you will add yourself, because those were your own projects... (before Accel World)

So I am not allowed to create teaser project pages for the black new series anymore?

Darklor

Return to “Manga & Novel”