Index ending?

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Index ending?

Post by Mystes »

Calm down, comrades. Keep it cool.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ggqt
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ggqt »

This is just sad now. Lol it's such a simple concept I'm not sure how to explain it.

It's like trying to explain

1+1+1+1=4 is the same as 2+2=4

It's not about ending a story early or late. It's about ending it before you start deviating from the actual plot. By adding a lot of side characters that hold to relevance to the actual story. That's practically the definition of dragging out a story.

There is no reason for the side characters to be there, that's why it's bad. They are there just to buy time so the story can be dragged out longer to make more money. This applies to everything not just Index. More often then not people like the intro to stories because the plot in condensed and not spread out over side characters.

That's why rating drop the longer something run, it's not because people get bored of it; it's because the amount of side characters keeps increasing and there is less and less plot covered.

It has nothing to with what I think is interesting or not. Main plot is set in stone, it's the major questions posed that tie the plot together.

I lol'd when you said "so to you there's only one main story.", one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. By definition there is only one "main" of anything.

I couldn't do it? I've already done it. See pages 1-3.
Kira0802 wrote:Calm down, comrades. Keep it cool.
I'm always calm bro, I can't speak for everyone though.
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

This thread is almost as funny as another thread that's hilarious, and there's less text to read too!

The best part is that it's on topic.

ggqt <3

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to ask you to continue your conversation through private messaging if you insist on keeping it a conversation instead of a discussion. (Send screenshots!)
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
syrono
Astral Realm

Post by syrono »

Not going to argue here >.<, just speaking out my thinking:

The storyline's getting more and more interesting even after Old Testament, and i think it won't be ending soon as someone has told , so many unexplained mystery haven't been revealed but i think the author would have a way of ending it well if everything goes well. I just hope that it won't end so soon, as I really enjoying this novel,
SCIENCE X MAGIC , such interesting storyline and characters.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

The last post was over an year ago, so I think the discussion has already ended by now. :P
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

The discussion ends when there isnt anyone anymore who can add to it... or Index already ended...

Which isnt the case yet, but maybe the thread is in the wrong subforum?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Manga & Novel”