Novel like this.

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

kagetsuki23
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Novel like this.

Post by kagetsuki23 »

Hi guys, i wanted to know if there is novel like fate zero, berserk, attack on the titan, hellsing, fullmetal alchemist. Because i hate novel with to much fan service that take more space than the plot and the action(unless it is a novel like Yahari ore no seishun rabu kome wa machigatte iru that i find interesting). So do you know some novel like the title above?
Arcsol93
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Novel like this.

Post by Arcsol93 »

It's not a LN but there is a manga/anime called "Witch Craft Works". As far as I remember there is no fanservice but there are a few romance elements in it. Kind of a lighter tone to the ones you've listed though.

Its pretty hard to name a few that have little fanservice (At least so far most I've read it have that kind of element.)

There is also "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?" Another lighter one but it does have an interesting plot and some pretty good action scenes, some fanservice here and there but it doesn't take over the plot or anything.

That's all that comes to mind for me really, I'm sure the rest of the members can give some decent ones.
"It's true that the real world is a shitty game. It's both unreasonable...and illogical...But a happy end will never come to those who want to finish a difficult game with ease." -The World God Only Knows
Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Calculatrix »

ELYSION virtual region: It does have some ecchi, however, from what I remember of this LN it focuses more on the virtual game side of things. Near the end of the first volume is where things get really serious with the action.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: It does have ecchi here and there, but not a lot of it. At the beginning it's definitely a cliche meeting between the main protagonist and the main heroine, but it definitely gets better. It's a really good read if you're into action Sci-fi-ish stuff, as well as some main protagonist-overpowering(sometimes).

Mokushiroku Arisu: As far as I remember, it has little to no ecchi. The main protagonist has so much experience and is such a huge asshole that you actually like him. Well, I thought that the main protagonist was pretty freaking awesome, anyway.

I'm not too sure there's more out there that don't have too much ecchi. However, there are some gems that do have ecchi, you just have to search for them.

Hope this helped:).
Author of "Weaver of Chaos" and "Code : Reality"
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

I think Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei has almost no fanservice too (almost, but in terms of its volume it should be about 1% or less) Spice and Wolf is also interesting, thought completely different, but it is no longer posted there. Well you will find it if you just search for a bit, or you might buy it too (no idea about the level of official translation though). That are just the things that came to my mind now.

Well as long as you can read it in japanese too, there should be many other ones.
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

I've read it over a year ago, but I'm pretty sure Hakomari (Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria) has close to no fanservice at all and the plotline + character development is amazing. It might feel slow at first but when you get to the end of volume 1, there's no going back.
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

Return to “Manga & Novel”