Light Novel Review: Makai Yome!

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Light Novel Review: Makai Yome!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

A novel that is probably would mentioning to quite some members of B-T, the title Makai Yome! translated into chinese is the demonic bride, or bride of the demon realm.

This novel is written by the same author of Kage Kara Mamoru (陰からマモル) (name in chinese, 阿智太郎)
(For more info, follow this thread by Krikit: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2936&start=0 )

Illustrations by the same illustrator that did Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, x6suke.

Summary at the back cover: (once again, no names are used cause I AM FREAKIN BAD WITH NAMES!! GOT IT??)
One day, the high school year 2 protagonist was abandoned by his parents who moved due to a transfer in work location, causing him to have to live alone in an historical looking and glorious mansion that suspiciously only cost 30 thousand yen a month. While exploring his new home, the protagonist follows a dropped coin into a dark and humid underground chamber, and finds a door with a warning note on it!

"------ This door, is a gateway to Makai(demonic realm). Do not open it------"

"Nowadays not even primary school students would believe something like this."

At this moment, sneaking behind the protagonist is actually......!?
(author name in chinese)阿智太郎 X x6suke work together to produce a passionate and lively love comedy!
Synopsis:
Spoiler! :
The protagonist ignores the warning and enters door. Behind the door, he got lost in Makai and found himself coming face to face with a three headed dog(guess the name). After a close shave from death, he returns back to his room, only to find a girl on his bed! Eventually, he came to realize that this girl is a devil from Makai, with hair that can transform into weapons(gee, why is it getting so common these days? Eve from BlackCat caused the trend?). As a powerless human, he is unable to go up against the girl, and the girl(who is nicknamed Makai Sexy beauty in Makai, despite her loli appearance) eventually opens the gateway, inviting more devils into the human world. The protagonist stands up to try to go up against her, but was whipped.

In his despair, he gave up all hope and shouts out to rebutt her in his fury:
YOU ARE BUT A FLAT-CHEST (or something similar in meaning.)

And a miracle of miracle of miracle happens. Apparently, he got her true name with that.(It is believed that when a demon/devil's true name is known, the demon/devil will have to obey whoever knows that true name.) And so, he was able to advert the catastrophe. However, to the least of expectations, he not only became her master, but her husband as well.

From then on, he was dragged in life-threatening situations, not by attacks from other demons/devils like most other novels, but by meals. YES I MEAN MEALS. His first breakfast after "marriage" was omelet rice. He even had two choices to choose from. One that is an egg that has sharp teeth that tried to bite him the moment he woke up, another that was sealed within the freezer as it seemed a little too exciting for him... And he has no choice but to eat such meals from then on. He even had to battle a lunch bento in school!!
That is enough of a spoiler i believe.

The story is not too bad, a good comedy, quite a good read. The ideas arent too strange, and might in fact be with ideas you would probably have heard of, even thought about, and might be able to guess from time to time. However it is still interesting and funny to read.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Manga & Novel”