Light Novel Review: Let the two of us begin world domination

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Light Novel Review: Let the two of us begin world domination

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Title: Not sure in Japanese, but it is 我兩開始征服世界 in chinese, meaning "The two of us begin taking over the world."

Summary from back cover:
My name is 赤尾龍太. On the first day of high school, a female in class came to talk to me. "Do you still remember me? My name is 千紗(Chisa? will use this cause its easier to type), I was your classmate in kindergarten. You even assisted me in finding a ring back then." Chisa is a girl that seems a little shy, but she is very cute when she smiles, and her body is well-developed, and so I, Chisa, my childhood friend 有栖, class leader 高槻 shared a wonderful high school life. One day, Chisa's parents died from an accident, in order to console Chisa, I volunteer to help her in any way, yet unexpectedly, Chisa actually made a request as well, requesting me to take over the world with her......!
Synopsis (with spoilers)
Spoiler! :
The protagonist's parents are divorced, living with his mom, that is rarely home. His childhood friend lost her parents when she was young. Therefore, he is rather concerned when Chisa experienced the loss of her parents. Therefore, he offers to help. When Chisa asks him to help her take over the world, he simply understood it as a game. However, soon after, he was placed into a slumber with sleeping gas or sort. When he woke up, he has already been modified into a RED DRAGON!! Chisa is also able use her hair as weapon(talk about common). And he was led into her world domination plans. For example, they rob the bank(though they dont need the money), and so Chisa leads the protagonist into the bank, then the bank clerk asks her to take a number. Having gotten the number 291, they sit at one spot to wait for their turn. Meanwhile, another robber group comes about, and the two of them helped to catch this group. Then Chisa tries to kidnap a child, just that they went saving falling children, playing with them, protecting them etc etc, eventually gotten to be known as heroes of justice instead.
An interesting read about a good girl trying to do evil, but fails at all her attempts. A comical story that is likely to bring you a bunch of laughs! A story about a boy becoming a red dragon without expecting it, and being a member of an evil organisation that doesnt do evil, but good instead.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Re: Light Novel Review: Let the two of us begin world domination

Post by Vaelis »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Title: Not sure in Japanese, but it is 我兩開始征服世界 in chinese, meaning "The two of us begin taking over the world."
In Japanese: 二人で始める世界征服 (more or less: The start of world conquest by two persons)

赤尾龍太: Akao Ryuta
有栖: Alice
高槻: Takatsuki

Some pictures from volume 1:

(I've found the Japanese raws ^^)
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

lol Out of the two you posted, this one sounds more fun. You making suggestions for the active project selection?
ShadowZeroHeart

Dan wrote:lol Out of the two you posted, this one sounds more fun. You making suggestions for the active project selection?
Well, the two cant really be compared, one is about a good person acting evil and fails at it, the other is about a mix between demon and human world, and making a laugh at it. Both are comedies, but both have their unique points.

And active project selection? I believe you mean future projects discussion, and no i am not intending to translate either, thats why they are in Manga & Novel forums, not future projects.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

This looks like my kind of novel! Found the chinese translation of the first book, shall take a break from seitokai no ichizon to read it. Thanks for weaning me off my seitokai no ichizon obsession shadow!
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
ShadowZeroHeart

dragonst wrote:This looks like my kind of novel! Found the chinese translation of the first book, shall take a break from seitokai no ichizon to read it. Thanks for weaning me off my seitokai no ichizon obsession shadow!
Seitokai no ichizon is quite good, just that i prefer something more exciting. Anyways, there is another light novel that might be very peaceful, called Light Novel Club. Well, it looks way too peaceful to me, so i am not intending to try it, well, should anyone give it a try, do tell us all about it.

Also, if you guys are willing, do write some light novel reviews as well? For example, i really need to find space to keep my light novels, so i will have to filter the less exciting/good ones, so more reviews are always welcome.

Hope everyone can find a read that they can enjoy. ^^
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Manga & Novel”