Sudden interruption blues

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

moustachelot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Sudden interruption blues

Post by moustachelot »

So, anyone ever had a time when they were reading an awesome light novel but the site never said how many volumes they translated so you just assume they translated them all. But then you finish the last one translated so far without knowing it and feel all pumped up for the next volume but when you look for the next volume you find out it wasn't translated yet and you get this shocked, depressed "Woe is me (ب_ب)" feeling? One of the biggest reasons I love Baka-Tsuki is probably that you can see how much is translated so you know what pace to read at.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sudden interruption blues

Post by Misogi »

... Check your PMs, otherwise I don't know how your case will end up.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

Yeah, it happens often with manga, I find... But hopefully, there is http://www.mangaupdates.com/ ^^

And they don't keep tracks only of manga, but of LN as well !
A truly awesome site. You should always check it out before reading anything, IMHO, to avoid those awful feelings you're talking about here. :mrgreen:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
moustachelot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by moustachelot »

I'm definitely gonna check that site out Lery, who knows, maybe I'll stumble upon some new LN to check out
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

For sure, when we are on BT, we tend to think everything is here, but actually I was pretty surprised to see that many LN are translated on blogs "outside of here" :mrgreen:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

Even readers who read the original work rather than the translation can face something pretty similar.
You start reading a 3 volumes long LN which has been published a few years before. Yo uread the first, second volume, start the third and... Start to wonder how the hell the author is going to end everything in only 300 pages with so many sub-plot currently running. "Don't tell me..."
And you finish reading the 3rd volume. You read the post-face, and story isn't finished at all, nowhere the author tells you that the series is finished. Yet it didn't got a new volumes in like 5 years or more, whereas that author published tons of new LN in between. Without any warning, any word from the author nor the publishing company, the title was discarded purely and simply, leaving its readers in the middle of the story.

It appears that this situation is actually quite frequent in the LN industry.

At least when it's just a translation problem, you can expect to see the end one day...

Return to “Manga & Novel”