ONIGIRI!! Perfect Snack?

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

What's your favourite Japanese Snack?

Onigiri!
22%
Those funny long biscuit things, with different sweet coated ends!
11%
pickled daikon!
No votes
Sushi roll
28%
Other.... (please specify)
39%

Total votes: 18

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: ONIGIRI!! Perfect Snack?

Post by Beware the talking cat »

[quote=ainsoph9]
Hey, I am just following the recipe. As for seeing the first Shakugan no Shana book, I do not know where I can get that, unless the American publisher/licensor already printed it without my knowledge.
[/quote]
Well, actually, they did. And the second one too. I now own them both.

[quote=ainsoph]
Besides, the melon extract only goes in the topping, which I guess is supposed to be a frosting. This is my first time making it, so I am only really experimenting right now. Sheesh! Give me a break! :roll:[/quote]
It's really more of a cookie than a frosting. Mmm. Now I want to try and make melon pan.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

doesn't seem like anyone in here ate an apple stick before, or those biscuit things that look like fish... *feels nostalgic, rushes off to buy second comfort food, pocky*
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Beware the talking cat wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote: Hey, I am just following the recipe. As for seeing the first Shakugan no Shana book, I do not know where I can get that, unless the American publisher/licensor already printed it without my knowledge.
Well, actually, they did. And the second one too. I now own them both.
ainsoph wrote: Besides, the melon extract only goes in the topping, which I guess is supposed to be a frosting. This is my first time making it, so I am only really experimenting right now. Sheesh! Give me a break! :roll:
It's really more of a cookie than a frosting. Mmm. Now I want to try and make melon pan.
Wow. I must be really out of touch with things. I kept hearing about the novels getting licensed, but I never heard anything about them actually coming out. That makes me feel pretty dumb. I will pick them up soon then. I also hear that Ouran Host Club is supposed to be licensed, but I have yet to see anything there either (especially if it was supposed to be a Geneon license).

If you do not have the recipe for melon pan, just google it. Also, to find the melon extract, I suggest going here:

http://www.naturesflavors.com/default.php

It is expensive, but it is the only place I could find it. I also plan on making a dango daikazoku plate here soon as well as a thing of daifuku. I have all of the ingredients. I just need the time. I will make time to make the melon pan today. I want to take them into my Japanese class. If I have enough time, I will do the others as well.

I made the melon pan yesterday and brought it to my Japanese class today. People seemed to like it, so I am happy. Apparently, I just needed to make more of the topping. Unfortunately, all of my eggs except for one went bad, so I could not make any more.

Return to “Music & Culture”