Rental Magica

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Series Translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really(Please Give Reason)
0%
No(Please Give Reason)
0%

Total votes: 568

ran0001
Astral Realm

Rental Magica

Post by ran0001 »

You know, with the anime on-going and with it being as good as hell, I'm surprised no one recommended it yet. I'm not really expecting it to get approved. This is my first post here and I can't do anything with japanese light novels except reading the translations. I don't have any contacts or connections with anyone here, with any subber/scanlator or translator.Its just, the anime is just so good and the novel is too, probably, and I haven't seen a thread about it as a potential project so I guess, I just wanted to make one for the series and Addy's sake XD. Plus, its not licensed. I checked everywhere I knew and didn't find anything about licensing.

Rental Magica (レンタルマギカ, Rentaru Magika)
Plot:
Taken from AnimeNewsNetwork
Due to his father's disappearance, Itsuki Iba has to take over the family business: a magician dispatch service called 'Astral'. Astral basically employ countless magicians and other supernatural beings in order to send them out to help those who need magical assistance. As a leader, Itsuki now has to be tough, commanding, and reliable, but there's one problem, he's a coward. Also, in order to run a successful business, he has to connect with his employees, which is more difficult than it seems due to his personality and lack of magical ability. But not only does he have to deal with his own employees, he also has to deal with those who threaten the family business.

I hope someone will volunteer for the translation.

Here's some more pics:
Spoiler! :
There are 13 volumes
1. Rental Magica:~Magic users, for rental! (レンタルマギカ ~魔法使い、貸します!, Rental Magica:~Magic users, for rental!?) (August 2004, ISBN 9784044249069)
2. Rental Magica: Magic user V.S. Alchemist (レンタルマギカ 魔法使いV.S.錬金術師!, Rental Magica: Magic user V.S. Alchemist?) (March 2005, ISBN 9784044249076)
3. Rental Magica: Magic users, assemble! (レンタルマギカ 魔法使い、集う!, Rental Magica: Magic users, assemble!?) (July 2005, ISBN 9784044249083)
4. Rental Magica: The Dragon and the magic users (レンタルマギカ 竜と魔法使い, Rental Magica: The Dragon and the magic users?) (November 2005, ISBN 9784044249106)
5. Rental Magica: The destiny of the magic user (レンタルマギカ 魔法使いの宿命!, Rental Magica: The destiny of the magic user?) (December 2005, ISBN 9784044249090)
6. Rental Magica: Magic users, in training! (レンタルマギカ 魔法使い、修行中!, Rental Magica: Magic users, in training!?) (June 2006, ISBN 9784044249113)
7. Rental Magica: The ogre festival and the magic users (Part 1) (レンタルマギカ 鬼の祭りと魔法使い(上), Rental Magica: The ogre festival and the magic users (Part 1)?) (October 2006, ISBN 9784044249120)
8. Rental Magica: The ogre festival and the magic users (Part 2) (レンタルマギカ 鬼の祭りと魔法使い(下), Rental Magica: The ogre festival and the magic users (Part 2)?) (November 2006, ISBN 9784044249137)
9. Rental Magica: Magic user classmate (レンタルマギカ 魔法使いのクラスメイト, Rental Magica: Magic user classmate?) (December 2006, ISBN 9784044249144)
10. Rental Magica: Vampire V.S Magic user (レンタルマギカ 吸血鬼V.S.魔法使い!, Rental Magica: Vampire V.S Magic user?) July 2007, ISBN 9784044249151)
11. Rental Magica: The magic user of the demon capital (レンタルマギカ 妖都の魔法使い, Rental Magica: The magic user of the demon capital?) (October 2007, ISBN 9784044249168)
12. Rental Magica: Magic book encyclopedia (レンタルマギカ 魔導書大全, Rental Magica: Magic book encyclopedia?) (December 2007, ISBN 9784044249175)

An illustration collection with two short stories

13. Rental Magica: A Magic user's memories (レンタルマギカ 魔法使いの記憶, Rental Magica: A Magic user's memories?) (January 2008, ISBN 9784044249182)
I'm in the middle of finding raws. I found a torrent for 1-11 but sadly, there are no seeders and the farthest a peer has gotten is at 22%.
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Rental Magica by Makoto Sanda

Post by Matt122004 »

As nice as that looks, I can name several other light novel series that in my opinion look MUCH better than this. No offence. Obviously though, if someone DOES vaulanteer, than I'm all for the project. LIGHT NOVELS ALL THE WAY! lol

-Matt :)
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I applaud you. 8) THIS is how you should post a project suggestion.

People always seem to forget a synopsis, and even sometimes just a simple picture, but you've got it all here.

Now comes the hard part; Seeing if anyone wants to help translate it. :?

You should ask around some other places and see if anyone is interested. Once you get a dedicated translator the project can be underway. :D

Welcome to Baka-Tsuki by the way.
Matt122004

Post by Matt122004 »

Like I said, if you find a translator, you'll have my hard core support. :)

So, even before that, I'll say, GO FOR IT! :)

ran0001
Astral Realm

Post by ran0001 »

Thanks guys!
Still no translator, I tried asking around communities but to no avail.
I managed to get a definite source for volume 1 though XD.

EDIT:
I found a torrent for volumes 1-11 with seeders =D.
In the middle of downloading.
Finished with vol.1
Off to go to my University for my classes. The downloads should be done by the time I get home.
There's only one seed left =(. I hope he will last until mine finishes.
I have finished downloading volumes 1-11.
Let's just hope a translator comes along to save the day.
Matt122004

Post by Matt122004 »

I hope your not just going to wait for some translator to magically appear and say, "HEY! I'LL HELP!"

It doesn't work that way, except for in the case of "7NIGHTS", BUCKET appeared out of nowhere to save the day, but that never happened before.

So, I sincerely hope you are going to different forums and contacting different people to inquire help for this project. :)

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

SHnY, Kinny the translator came out of no where.

The rest is history, so to say.

:3

Don't give up hope, but i can see this novel to be very difficult for some translators.

Sanda-sensei novel has a lot of occult-like references, if you watch the anime you will see the translators for that series has to consult the novel and other sources, a compliment to their standard i might add.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Tanthalas
Astral Realm

Post by Tanthalas »

I watched the anime and I have to say that I was disappointed it ended at episode 24. It was awesome especially how the author brought together several schools of magic. Very unique I must say. I attempted to find translations of the light novel since I was quite addicted but to no avail but then incidentally came across this post. If someone is planning translate the light novel then I'm certainly rooting for you because I'm actually looking forward to reading it knowing that it is probably an awesome novel.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmmm...someone was talking about this the other day, seems like the books has quite a lot of hard kanji since dives into occult reference, thus use some unusual words.

It can be quite difficult for some to translate i guess.

I think, this is one of the reasons people are reluctant to give this book a go.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
sterling01
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sterling01 »

Yeah, just reading it is hard for me... Also some of the books are just plan boring
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I understand that it probably would be hard; however, I am not giving up hope entirely. Maybe someone might be up for the challenge I guess...
Tomoyuki Tanaka
Astral Realm

Post by Tomoyuki Tanaka »

I've got the Chinese series of Book 1 to 5 but I haven't got the time to read or translate it. If you guys are patient enough and willing to wait I'll start translating next year. Right now's impossible because I'm serving National Service for another 6 months or so (that means NO computer and no going home for 5 days a week). But I can spend my days in camp reading to understand it though, so yeah. And I'll have to get approval from Baka-Tsuki as well, not to mention updates will be extremely irregular. So how about it?
Leweiss
Astral Realm

Post by Leweiss »

I've watched the whole series. And yeah, it got my interest. So, I'm really looking forward for the light novel translation. :D

If i would rate the anime, I'd give it a 6 out of ten. (c'mon it's high) I would have given it (7)seven if only it didnt remind me of Hari Pota (Honami) and Draco Malfoy (Adelicia). :shock:

Still, I'm looking forward for the translations of the light novels and yes, I'll keep on track its manga. I wanna compare it. :?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Revivial of threads once more~ whoopy~

Tomoyuki, feel free to join in, any help is appreciated, slow is better than none.
P.S. Singapore? LOLz

I currently own book 1 and 2, read them already. and the main thing i hate about the novel is Adelicia has a funny looking hairstyle... i hate that! Book 2 did not explain Kuroha's appearance much. Not sure if it will be added in the future?

The anime is rather close to the novel, from what i have read so far.

Difficult words used in the novel is likely to be Honami's. Adelicia's summonings are in english, more or less, except the names. The rest might require just a bit of research and its done? but Honami and her lost magic might be difficult...

No, i am not gonna touch this. I tried Shounen Onmyoji once and i got stuck at his chants, so i dont wanna have to do research on that... besides i promised Krikit to take up Haruka Himitsu if i have the time.
(okay, not a promise, but he is looking forward to it.)
Besides, i hate the Haruka anime, although i still watch it.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
jan
Astral Realm

Post by jan »