Slayers second arc (volumes 9-15)

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
1%

Total votes: 98

Spore
Astral Realm

Slayers second arc (volumes 9-15)

Post by Spore »

"Slayers (スレイヤーズ, Sureiyāzu) is a series of over 50 light novels written by Hajime Kanzaka and illustrated by Rui Araizumi. It was later developed into several manga titles, four televised anime series, two three-episode original video animations (OVAs), and five movies. It also spanned three console role-playing games for the Sony PlayStation, as well as one for the Nintendo Super Famicom (known internationally as the Super Nintendo Entertainment System). Slayers is a Dungeons & Dragons inspired narrative that follows the adventures of the young sorceress Lina Inverse and her companions as they journey through their world. Using powerful magic and swordsmanship they battle overreaching wizards, demons seeking to destroy the world, dark lords, and the occasional hapless gang of bandits."

-from Wikipedia's Slayers entry

Written by Hajima Kanzaka, illustrated by Araizumi Rui, and published by Kadokawa Shoten/Fujimi Fantasia Bunko (Fujimi Shobou).

Slayers is, at its core, a fifteen volume light novel series which spawned many spinoffs, most notably the popular Slayers anime series (the 5th season, Evolution-R, is currently airing on AT-X). Tokyopop licensed and published the first eight novels, which cover the Slayers and Slayers Next seasons of the anime, but they have clearly stated that they have no plans to continue. The content of novels nine through fifteen has never been animated.

I noticed that there was another thread here, but it looked pretty dead and since I'm not only the one pushing this thing but also the translator, I cautiously presume it's not too bad to make a new one. If it's not I can try contacting the guy who made the previous thread. I've already finished translating the first out of the seven remaining novels, and plan to continue until I'm done with all of them. I have the required raw text as well as the included illustrations, which I will edit and upload as needed.

It's a series I really enjoyed when I was younger, and I thought it was a shame that a good half of it apparently never made it to the western fanbase.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Slayers second arc (volumes 9-15)

Post by onizuka-gto »

Thank you for your interest, please read your p.m.

Since you mentioned you have already translated the first volume you can start publishing the novel on the wiki straight away.

i look forward to reading your script !

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Personally I have watched the Slayers anime, all four seasons, and I seriously love it. Am really glad that someone is picking it up... Am really looking forwards to it!

By the way, i have been wondering, it is a series of over 50 volumes right? so the other 35 are all side stories and stuff? Also, is the english translation by Tokyopop good? Am interested to get them, just been wondering how... (doesnt really trust online buying/sales) Anyone has any idea where I can get them in Singapore?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

I rather enjoyed reading the Tokyopop versions, and I am a translation snob. (I refuse to read Tokyopop's Scrapped Princess.) So I guess they're pretty good. It's been a while since I read them, though. Maybe I was less picky back in the day.

Are there really 50 volumes of Slayers? :shock:
Mortegro
Astral Realm

Post by Mortegro »

Well, there are 30 Slayers Special novels, featuring Lina and Naga. Then there are four Slayers Delicious, something like mini-books with one short story per book (Lina and Naga as well), as far as i understand.
Last one, i don't know.
otaku
Kyonist

Volume 9 pdf

Post by otaku »

I made a pdf of volume 9. It's available at this address: [linked removed because folder contained other licensed series]
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Know whats truly unbelievable? Slayers volume one was just, JUST released in chinese... LOLz?

Still, I am interested in the incitations for their spells, anyone mind listing them out? I watched the anime and i love their incitations in english... Anyone please?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Ramong
Astral Realm

Post by Ramong »

Any plan to continue with the series ?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

There is that: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5098 - dont know if that answer your question...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”