Infinite Stratos

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
No (and why)
1%
Maybe (and why)
1%

Total votes: 1332

Tetsu-nii
Astral Realm

Infinite Stratos

Post by Tetsu-nii »

The announcement of the forthcoming animé piqued my interest even though what I've been able to find out so far makes it sound kinda' formula harem mecha pilot shonen. I'd still really, really like a chance to read the source material.

Links/Sources:
The WikiPedia Article
The Manga-Updates Page
The MyAnimeList Page
The Japanator.com Article

<Grovel-Mode="ON">
Puh-leaaaaase, puh-lease, please, please, please!!!!! :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:
<Grovel-Mode="OFF">
Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: added poll
dragon
Astral Realm

Re: Project Plea: Infinite Stratos (IS〈インフィニット・ストラトス〉)

Post by dragon »

im for it too! plea :lol:
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

After checking out the information, I might want to do a teaser if possible after I've seen the anime (not like I'm been seeing many anyway).
Spoiler! :
"..."

The IS Academy Underground Special Zone--

Chifuyu's there, staring at a 'statue', chained to several cables.

This 'statue' was the final fate of the IS that once brought Chifuyu to the title of the strongest in the world...the 'Kurazakura'.

Because of a personal battle with a certain IS, the knight had all its systems frozen while protecting Chifuyu, and showed no signs of awakening.

"I know what's the program that Tabane sent me. Most likely...it's the program to forcefully unfreeze you, 'Kurazakura'."

Chifuyu touched the 'Kurazakura' with her fingers.

It felt a little chilly, like a frosted rock.

But she could feel the 'will' burning deep within it.

"When you wake up, it'll definitely be the decisive battle..."

She mutters, her profile looking so forlorn, yet full of confidence.

"...What do you intend to do with me?"

The one saying this was the 'leader', who was standing at the door.

"Hm, please go back to the American Army then."

"..."

The leader, who had guessed that Chifuyu had some plans, was shocked by this.

"If I leave you tied up here, it'll cause an international problem, even for IS Academy, no?"

That's why you can leave. Chifuyu said.

However, the leader was unable to accept this for some reason, and continued asking while surprised by this herself.

"I have a value as a hostage. If the negotiation conditions call for it--"

"Hm, this certainly is rare."

Upon seeing Chifuyu say this without any sense of pretense, the leader 'fell'.

She felt that her heart, which she should have already abandoned, was shot through.

"...Ah, ahh."

"Hm?"

"Private channel, XXX0891-DA."

For some reason, the leader could not look at Chifuyu directly as she told the latter softly yet clearly.

"You can contact me with this number..."

"Is that so? I'll remember that."

Chifuyu said and patted at the leader's head.

Poof, the leader's face went red, and left the room while ostensibly escaping from this place.

"...Good grief, she didn't even say goodbye, huh?"

Fuu, Chifuyu sighs in a somewhat satisfied manner.

She put her hands on her hips, and then used her hands to stretched her back.

"I still can't lose to you here, Tabane."

<noinclude>

{{IS Nav|prev= IS:Volume8 Chapter4|next=IS:Volume8 Afterword}}
</noinclude>
Spoiler! :
fterword Those are Dene-Club, Altai-Flow, Ve-painting <ref>Representing Deneb, Altair, and Vega, the brightest stars in the three constellations, the summer triangle. Author replaced the last katakana with kanji that sounded the same, 部, 流, 画 respectively</ref>

Hello everyone, this is Izuru. How long has it been since the last time I'm able to talk with everyone in Cafe like that? Haha.

If you bite an apple, your teeth will drop out, because it's gorilla glass.

Anyway, this is the 8th volume of IS. Haa--kept you waiting.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Teh_ping wrote:After checking out the information, I might want to do a teaser if possible after I've seen the anime (not like I'm been seeing many anyway).
What did you think of the anime? After watching the first episode, I seriously hope they left out lotsa details, coz or else the setting seems quite flawed to me...

Some examples:
Spoiler! :
If guys are unable to pilot IS, why would they let a guy test-drive it at an all-girls school entrance exam? Unless he has proven to be able to pilot IS to begin with...?

Why does he not want to be the representative of the class for one moment, while the very next, he suddenly want to prove himself so much? Even though his country has been insulted(to some extent), but won't people normally want to just avoid the position first? besides, if the insult is THAT bad, then won't the rest of the class be angry as well?

And why is every freakin girl so freakin interested in him? Is the entire school his harem? I mean, the only guy who can pilot IS sounds interesting, but its not like every freakin girl is gonna hit on him just because of such a lame reason!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Spoiler! :
seems like there is a reason behind that related to his family.
i've only skimmed through summaries though. though this is not going to make it into my must-read list, but probably into my read-maybe-when-got-time list. it's more of a harem romance+light action+comedy style with no serious tones even till volume 6. action is mostly IS competitions, maybe there're some conspiracies based on some comments but *shrug*...... I think it's mostly harem focus where the girls are trying compete to get the guy.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

larethian wrote:
Spoiler! :
seems like there is a reason behind that related to his family.
i've only skimmed through summaries though. though this is not going to make it into my must-read list, but probably into my read-maybe-when-got-time list. it's more of a harem romance+light action+comedy style with no serious tones even till volume 6. action is mostly IS competitions, maybe there're some conspiracies based on some comments but *shrug*...... I think it's mostly harem focus where the girls are trying compete to get the guy.
So it really is just a sky girls cross strike witches with a guy in there... Not interested then~
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
RegiusXV
Astral Realm

Post by RegiusXV »

I have raws if anyone wants to start translating IS? :D
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Since I have some time, I'll be working on some parts of the first chapter. My main focus is to finish up Baka Test vol 3 though, so TAMnI will have to wait until March.

Will use past tense for this project.
Spoiler! :
"Everyone's here, right? Then let's start out SHR (student homeroom meeting)--"

Being the vice homeroom teacher, Yamada Maya-sensei (who introduced herself before) stood in front of the blackboard as she earnestly smiled to everyone.

She had a petite figure, and didn't look any different from a student. However, wearing the clothes that didn't match her body made her look even more petite, and it was even out of place with those large olive green hazy glasses.

How should I say it? Instead of saying that it was a disproportionate sense of 'a kid wearing adult clothes'...it was more like being forced into it. At least I wasn't the only one thinking this way.

"Then everyone, let's get along with each other for the next 1 year~"

"......"

However, the classroom was filled with an intense atmosphere, and nobody could react.

"Now, let's move on to self-introductions. Mm, starting by seating arrangements."

Even though I thought that the vice homeroom teacher was a little cute when she panicked, even though it didn't create an 'at least I got to do something' kind of mood, unfortunately, we didn't have the time.

If you want to know why,

The reason is simple, besides me, everyone in the class is a girl
If you are wondering why I can use the computer here, thank my CSM, can only work for another 45 min before the next guy uses it. And no, I'm not on JCC.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

So you will create at least a teaser for IS?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Yes I will.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Do you know any other translators who'll do this when you are concentrated in Index?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

None at all, unfortunately, which is why I'll do it.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

What will you do for the teaser? Like Prologue+Chapter 1 or only the prologue? And How much time it'll take? (I am not putting pressure on you, I just want to know to approximate time. Not complaining about the translating speed)
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

I'll say two weeks for prologue AND chapter 1
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Second update (Including first update):
Spoiler! :
"Everyone's here, right? Then let's start out SHR (student homeroom meeting)--"

Being the vice homeroom teacher, Yamada Maya-sensei (who introduced herself before) stood in front of the blackboard as she earnestly smiled to everyone.

She had a petite figure, and didn't look any different from a student. However, wearing the clothes that didn't match her body made her look even more petite, and it was even out of place with those large olive green hazy glasses.

How should I say it? Instead of saying that it was a disproportionate sense of 'a kid wearing adult clothes'...it was more like being forced into it. At least I wasn't the only one thinking this way.

"Then everyone, let's get along with each other for the next 1 year~"

"......"

However, the classroom was filled with an intense atmosphere, and nobody could react.

"Now, let's move on to self-introductions. Mm, starting by seating arrangements."

Even though I thought that the vice homeroom teacher was a little cute when she panicked, even though it didn't create an 'at least I got to do something' kind of mood, unfortunately, we didn't have the time.

If you want to know why,

The reason is simple, besides me, everyone in the class is a girl.

Today’s the high school entrance ceremony, and a new world opened up for the first day. It itself was good, it was something worth being happy about.

However, the only problem was that I’m the only boy.

(This…is a lot more serious than I thought…)

It wasn’t that I thought too much, but that I really felt it, all the stares from the girls in my class.

Besides, my seat wasn’t good. Why am I placed right in the middle front seat? This extremely obvious upper body continued to be seen even though it didn’t want to.

My eyes turned to the windows.

“…”

Though I sent a pleading look, the sad thing is that my childhood friend, Shinonono Houki turned her head away irritatedly, pretending to look outside. Such a cold person; is this the attitude a childhood friend should show after being separated for 6 years? …no, does she completely hate me now?

“…san, ORIMURA ICHIKA-SAN.”

“Ye, yes!?”

Suddenly having my name called out, I subconsciously responded. As expected, there were snickers, and I couldn’t keep calm.

Even though it’s not like I’m bad at handling girls, there has to be a limit. It’s like liking ramen and letting it be the main course, I’ll get sick of it in less than 3 days. Sigh, I don’t know. Besides, I never liked ramen to that extent…eh, I shouldn’t be talking about this now.

Anyway, I’m the only boy in the class, there are 29 other female students in this class, and the assistant homeroom teacher is a female as well. As for the homeroom teacher…I don’t, but it should be a female as well. It seems that she didn’t show herself yet. What is she doing now?

“We, well, I’m sorry for calling you out so loudly. Are, are you angry? Sorry, sorry! But, that, self-introductions, we started from ‘あ‘ (a) , and now we’re at ‘お (o)‘ for Orimura-san now. So, pl, please, can you introduce yourself? Can, can you?”

The vice homeroom teacher, Yamada Maya-sensei, bowed politely. However, bowing to such an extent caused her spectacles to slide off. And that attitude of ‘whatever goes’ really worried me. Speaking of which, is she really older than me? I can accept if it’s said that she’s as old as me.

“No, about that, there’s no need to continue apologizing…besides, it’s just a self-introduction, so please calm down, sensei.”

“Re, really? Really? Really? Ok, you, you said it, so you better do it!”

Yamada-sensei suddenly looked up and grabs my hand, holding it really tightly…well, it just attracted quite a bit of attention again.

However, since I said it, as a man, I can’t get out of it. And the most important thing is that once I form a crack here, I have to face this awkward environment again (TN: Most likely, human interaction)

I suddenly stood up and turn to look behind.

(Uu…)

At first, I thought it was just the stares on my back, but now I could feel it from the front. Anyway, even Houki, who abandoned me, glanced over at me. As expected, even for me, who self-admittedly is rather capable in handling girls, I’m fearful of it. Even if I like curry—no, we’ll stop talking about this.

“Hm—…well, I’m Orimura Ichika. I’ll be in your care.”

After I bowed courteously—wait a second? What’s with those ‘say something more’ looks and ‘can’t be just this, right?’ atmosphere?

It’s impossible for me to rattle on about myself. It’s not uninteresting, but I don’t want everyone to hear it. Besides, isn’t it more troublesome to take about interests right from the beginning? I’ll scare the girls if I’m to suddenly talk about ‘planting and grafting cactuses!’ right? On a side note, my interest isn’t in planting and grafting cactuses. I’ll say this as a precaution.

“…”

I’m all sweaty in the back down. What should I do? What should I say?

Speaking of which, why am I here?

Return to “Abandoned”