Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find the quality of translation?

Great!
89%
Okay but lacking a nice flow
7%
Some awkward lines but okay
4%
Quite rough with terrible flow
No votes
Ahhh!!! The grammar is killing me!
1%

Total votes: 712

VandiZXC
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance: General

Post by VandiZXC »

The First wrote:is it ellis on the vol 12 cover?
I think...
Yes.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

DoomCalibur wrote:Bad bad bad!!!! In the latest vol 12's synophys, Kamito fainted after losing Restia. After a few days later he awoke which made Claire burst into tears of relief after nursing him nonstop. But the moment their eyes meet, Kamito gave out a cruel sentence: "Who are you?" . All of his memories ever since his childhood with Restia along with his short memories with the girls in academy are all gone, even his precious bond with Est as well even though spirit are supposed to share their memories with their contractor!! He resumed his academy life with an unease feeling of not knowing what to do. However his fate as the Demon King's successor kept threatened him as a new enemy appeared!!! So exciting!! A new start with everything being turned back to zero!
Followed by Restia returning from "death" (like everyone else that has cliffhanger "died" in this series), which also triggers the return of his memories.

(Seriously, I know the whole "it's not whether it's formulaic or not, it's how it's executed and how well it is done" thing, but if is as predictable as that without any twists, I'm not going to be all that impressed. >.< )
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
The First
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

maybe they'll add a twist where restia comes back but she loses her memories as well.
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
Rena
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Rena »

k39bk wrote:
DoomCalibur wrote:Bad bad bad!!!! In the latest vol 12's synophys, Kamito fainted after losing Restia. After a few days later he awoke which made Claire burst into tears of relief after nursing him nonstop. But the moment their eyes meet, Kamito gave out a cruel sentence: "Who are you?" . All of his memories ever since his childhood with Restia along with his short memories with the girls in academy are all gone, even his precious bond with Est as well even though spirit are supposed to share their memories with their contractor!! He resumed his academy life with an unease feeling of not knowing what to do. However his fate as the Demon King's successor kept threatened him as a new enemy appeared!!! So exciting!! A new start with everything being turned back to zero!
Ok, I am dropping this novel.
Hello

I am agreeing with this. It would truly be pitifull and disappointing.

But by now, i dont believe this, because DoomCalibur has given us no source of his information.

So long!
Rena
"In this high pressure situation, he was the one who didn't fall back... the only person who stood up and faught." - Farneze
Kuratatsu

Post by Kuratatsu »

^ Actually he is correct, it's from the synopsis of vol12 on mediafactory http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/book_detail/1095, don't know if you can read japanese though. Anyways I don't really care about the amnesia thing as long as it's only for the duration of one volume which I'm pretty sure it will be.

Edit: I think he might have overexxagerated the last part though, the "So exciting!! A new start with everything being turned back to zero!" is actually just "The unrivaled elemental fantasy volume 12--The grand opening of a new chapter!" since the synopsis says Kamito's sword and memories are sealed and the title of the volume is the sealed sword unleashed I'm pretty sure he'll regain his memories at the end of the volume...I mean, he better, how can he forget Restia!!! :evil:
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Rena wrote:
Hello

I am agreeing with this. It would truly be pitifull and disappointing.

But by now, i dont believe this, because DoomCalibur has given us no source of his information.

So long!
Rena
Yye1 from the animesuki did a good job trnaslating this sysnophys. Better giving him credit !
Spoiler! :
One week since the end of the <Blade Dance>. Following the event in the sanctuary(?) of the <Spirit Lords>, Kamito opens his eyes for the first time in a long while after having lost consciousness. Claire cries out of relief. But upon turning to her, Kamito says words of despair --- "Who are you?". Yes, Kamito has forgotten everything related to Restia. About the Academy, his teammates, and about the sealed sword spirit as well---. Peaceful days at the academy are passed during this period of memory loss. However, the destiny surrounding the <Demon King> won't permit that. Before the annual school festival, the magic of an enemy draws near Kamito who has both his memories and sword(s?) sealed---. The peerless elemental fantasy raises the curtain in grandeur on the 12th volume (bullet)!
Rena
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Rena »

Hello

This is truly pitifull.

A second memory loss. Did the author not have any other ideas?

Anyway, i´ll thank Yye1 if i ever see him. Oo

And an advise from me DoomCalibur, if you give some information out, then do it always whit a trustfully source. :D
If you do this, no one ever will doubt you.

So long!
Rena
"In this high pressure situation, he was the one who didn't fall back... the only person who stood up and faught." - Farneze
13thdan
Kyonist

Post by 13thdan »

Prologue + chapter 1 of fun :lol:
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

13thdan wrote:Prologue + chapter 1 of fun :lol:
... image dimensions of 1537x2163. Finally image resolutions that don't suck! Shame you can't get this on their kindle versions. Maybe I should check and see if their iBook versions finally have decent sized images.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Volume 12 Spoilers:
Spoiler! :
Kamito lost his memories due to Restia placing a seal on them. Once hope returns to his heart, his memories will automatically unseal.

Restia gave her powers to Est, turning her into the Demon King's Sword, Terminus Est Zwei, and was transferred and sealed in the Demon King's treasure vault.

Currently, Restia's state is similar to how the Water Elemental Lord lost her memories and teleported somewhere, discovered by an elderly couple (this is at the end of the volume).

The Water Elemental Lord is staying in Astral Zero to suppress the dark power. Fire Elemental Lord confirmed to be released successfully, currently located somewhere. Holy Lord confirmed to be not at the throne.

The Holy Kingdom of Lugia's <<Des Esseintes>> and cardinal have all been corrupted by the dark power. The Holy Lord should be there as well. They are currently having dealings with the Theocracy. The princess (Sjora Kahn) takes over the Theocracy with a coup d'etat.

Illustrations:
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

More images:
Spoiler! :
ImageImageImage
13thdan
Kyonist

Post by 13thdan »

Raw's are now up!

Waiting zzhk to translate :3
Enigma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

13thdan wrote:Raw's are now up!

Waiting zzhk to translate :3
Doesn't he translate from Chinese?
13thdan
Kyonist

Post by 13thdan »

Dunno?
but he already already translated chp.1
imercenary
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by imercenary »

Uwahhh... amnesia again? And after reading chapter 2 (thanks for the translations!) it seems like the author isn't willing to play his assassin background straight. INCREDIBLY disappointing considering how hardcore child soldier Kamito sounded in the flashback scenes.

Return to “English”