Hyouka

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 571

creamynebula
Astral Realm

Re: Hyou-Ka: General

Post by creamynebula »

kiminai wrote:Hello,

I'd like to help contribute English translations for volume 5 of Hyouka. Please PM me if I have to take a test.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/?title=Hyouka

You are not listed here as a translator for this project, noone contaced you?
-kuro
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by -kuro »

Someone is working on the volume 5? finally ;-;
computerandy9
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by computerandy9 »

Just like to say a massive thanks to anyone who has worked on this series so far.
I really hope that your continue to work on it because this is by far my favourite light novel series.

THANK YOU!!! :D
Rekirio
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: PLEASE DON'T ASK QUESTIONS LIKE THIS. THIS IS VERY HARD TO ANSWER.

Post by Rekirio »

I would just like to thank everyone working on Hyouka more power to you guys! Oh yeah, is volume 5 the last of the series? thanks! :)
-kuro
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by -kuro »

Rekirio wrote:I would just like to thank everyone working on Hyouka more power to you guys! Oh yeah, is volume 5 the last of the series? thanks! :)
the last one 'till now, the autor is like Nagaru Tanigawa, one volume then 4 years of rest or so xD
jaluffy
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by jaluffy »

thank you for translating this great ln guys !
Nnn... nothing :D
_Maki
Astral Realm

Re: Hyouka

Post by _Maki »

Some people have actually already partially translated volume 4 and 5 here: http://hyouka-rangers.tumblr.com/tags
The translations are quite good, but I don't know if they want to apply here. Their output is also quite sporadic.

Now, if only would could hear what Kinny Riddle is up to...
computerandy9
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by computerandy9 »

I've said before but I will say it again, You are doing an AMAZING JOB KINNY RIDDLE!!! Big thanks to Dan as well for editing.
You guys are my heroes!

Thanks a billion
-kuro
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by -kuro »

_Maki wrote:Some people have actually already partially translated volume 4 and 5 here: http://hyouka-rangers.tumblr.com/tags
The translations are quite good, but I don't know if they want to apply here. Their output is also quite sporadic.

Now, if only would could hear what Kinny Riddle is up to...
Well, it's something at least :D
alfa33333
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by alfa33333 »

Please, keep translating this great novel! :D
manlyflower
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hyouka :3

Post by manlyflower »

I can translate the 5th book. I checked to see if there was a translation up, and I'm surprised there wasn't. The translation fragments I have seen thus far are not amazing, so I'd like do a project. XD
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

manlyflower wrote:I can translate the 5th book.
Cool. Guidelines for translating in a project are here. Since there is no project manager, the important point is just to use the registration page.

Also, since you likely want to take over prologue 1 and either finish or replace it, number 6 is relevant. The translator who started that hasn't been around for 2 years, so I expect they won't reply and it's probably safe to start on it, but contacting them (user talk page) and waiting two weeks is technically the correct thing to do. For any chapter in book 5 other than prologue 1 you don't need to do that though (just mark the registration page and get started).

Good luck translating.
manlyflower
Project Translator

Post by manlyflower »

Cthaeh wrote: Also, since you likely want to take over prologue 1 and either finish or replace it, number 6 is relevant. The translator who started that hasn't been around for 2 years, so I expect they won't reply and it's probably safe to start on it, but contacting them (user talk page) and waiting two weeks is technically the correct thing to do. For any chapter in book 5 other than prologue 1 you don't need to do that though (just mark the registration page and get started).

Good luck translating.
Okay yeah I'll send a message. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to start on the prologue right away though, because it's been so long and I like working linearly, but I can restore it with the logs if that becomes relevant later on.
manlyflower
Project Translator

Post by manlyflower »

All three sections of the Hyouka Volume 5 Prologue are available now.
manlyflower
Project Translator

Post by manlyflower »

I wanted to ask a quick question.

Would people here be interested in a translation of the drama CDs that supplemented the show? I just learned about their existence the other day, and some of them were pretty cute when I checked them out. It figured I might do those on the side as translating audio is much more relaxing than text.

And it's not like I'm stopping Vol. 5.

I was also curious if there was a policy regarding drama CDs on the site. I'd understand not being able to host audio files, but yeah. Though this is probably a question for someone like based Cthaeh.

Return to “English”