Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru sou desu yo

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

yeokso
Astral Realm

Re: Mondaiji tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru sodesuyo?

Post by yeokso »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Once again, the anime has outdid itself in the disappointments they made...

P.S. There are some things that the anime did not mention.
Spoiler! :
Asuka hates her powers of commandment, and thus Black Rabbit advised her to train her gift to "Command Gifts". However, actually Asuka is much less capable than everyone thought. There are actually a lot of gifts left in the community. However, these gifts refuses to obey her. This is the reason why Asuka ONLY used the water tree in the battle. Do also note that she has another Gift/item currently. That being the silver blade that she used in the game against the tiger previously.

You, Izayoi and Perseus are not that dumb. They did a sneak attack, at the corridor, instead of You walking so obviously across a clear area without getting spotted. The one with the real helm used a big hammer to attack.

The bad Perseus leader first attempted to fight on his own, using arrows and his ability to fly. But these prove pointless against Izayoi. Thus him using Algol to help him in his battle. In fact, when his arrows failed, he tried to engage in close combat, but Izayoi hits him, and he was sent flying into the skies(winged sandals LOL!) and Izayoi even caught up to him who was sent flying! When he did the petrifying, they were hit by objects falling from the skies. It was mentioned to be clouds that were turned to stone. All these were not mentioned though!

And this is the MOST DISAPPOINTING PART! WHY THE HELL DID THEY CUT IT OFF!?!? When the Perseus leader was losing, he gave up and gave the command for Algol to fuse together with his entire castle/community. This means that the entire area, buildings etc etc were a part of Algol as well as a demon itself. Victory seemed impossible, until Izayoi simply SMASHED THE ENTIRE CASTLE, bringing it into ruins. This is the reason why everyone was surprised, as well as the reason why the Perseus leader knew there is no way he can escape from Izayoi if he did take their flag away... He just lost his strongest Algol, his castle, nothing was left for him that could even mean a single shred of chance of winning in any game against Izayoi...

Also, Black Rabbit mentioned that the bad leader actually is incapable to draw out Algol's true strength. The chains on her reflect this. But whether a full-strength Algol can win Izayoi... We never know?
After reading all that, I'm kidda disappointed they left that much detail out. The fact that Asuka has that much trouble with her gift which may explain why she finished off with "But.." when they were planning to storm the castle. Then there's Algol fusing with an entire castle only to be smashed apart by Izayoi. Just imagining that was already too awesome. Disappointed that was left out.

But I have to asked though, aside from Asuka ending with that "But..." which no one thought there was a need to explain, as someone who hasn't read the light novels I didn't really notice any obvious moments where I felt something was definitely cut off so is it really a bad thing that all those scenes were shorten/cut off/edited? Aside from the final battle, I don't see why those scenarios shouldn't be more faithful to the novel. With the battle between Izayoi and Algol though, reading through the details felt like it could have potentially extended the fight until another episode. Which isn't exactly ideal for a series with 10 episodes to spare.
In short, I don't really see an issue with it as long as its core story is faithful to the novel. Just a curious thought I would like to share and discuss.

Then there is also the problem that its only 10 episodes... already half way and there is still the 3 (possibly and hopefully demon lord) characters from the OP that has yet been introduced.
EnigmaticAxiom
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EnigmaticAxiom »

yeokso wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Once again, the anime has outdid itself in the disappointments they made...

Spoiler! :
Asuka hates her powers of commandment, and thus Black Rabbit advised her to train her gift to "Command Gifts". However, actually Asuka is much less capable than everyone thought. There are actually a lot of gifts left in the community. However, these gifts refuses to obey her. This is the reason why Asuka ONLY used the water tree in the battle. Do also note that she has another Gift/item currently. That being the silver blade that she used in the game against the tiger previously.

You, Izayoi and Perseus are not that dumb. They did a sneak attack, at the corridor, instead of You walking so obviously across a clear area without getting spotted. The one with the real helm used a big hammer to attack.

The bad Perseus leader first attempted to fight on his own, using arrows and his ability to fly. But these prove pointless against Izayoi. Thus him using Algol to help him in his battle. In fact, when his arrows failed, he tried to engage in close combat, but Izayoi hits him, and he was sent flying into the skies(winged sandals LOL!) and Izayoi even caught up to him who was sent flying! When he did the petrifying, they were hit by objects falling from the skies. It was mentioned to be clouds that were turned to stone. All these were not mentioned though!

And this is the MOST DISAPPOINTING PART! WHY THE HELL DID THEY CUT IT OFF!?!? When the Perseus leader was losing, he gave up and gave the command for Algol to fuse together with his entire castle/community. This means that the entire area, buildings etc etc were a part of Algol as well as a demon itself. Victory seemed impossible, until Izayoi simply SMASHED THE ENTIRE CASTLE, bringing it into ruins. This is the reason why everyone was surprised, as well as the reason why the Perseus leader knew there is no way he can escape from Izayoi if he did take their flag away... He just lost his strongest Algol, his castle, nothing was left for him that could even mean a single shred of chance of winning in any game against Izayoi...

Also, Black Rabbit mentioned that the bad leader actually is incapable to draw out Algol's true strength. The chains on her reflect this. But whether a full-strength Algol can win Izayoi... We never know?
After reading all that, I'm kidda disappointed they left that much detail out. The fact that Asuka has that much trouble with her gift which may explain why she finished off with "But.." when they were planning to storm the castle. Then there's Algol fusing with an entire castle only to be smashed apart by Izayoi. Just imagining that was already too awesome. Disappointed that was left out.

But I have to asked though, aside from Asuka ending with that "But..." which no one thought there was a need to explain, as someone who hasn't read the light novels I didn't really notice any obvious moments where I felt something was definitely cut off so is it really a bad thing that all those scenes were shorten/cut off/edited? Aside from the final battle, I don't see why those scenarios shouldn't be more faithful to the novel. With the battle between Izayoi and Algol though, reading through the details felt like it could have potentially extended the fight until another episode. Which isn't exactly ideal for a series with 10 episodes to spare.
In short, I don't really see an issue with it as long as its core story is faithful to the novel. Just a curious thought I would like to share and discuss.

Then there is also the problem that its only 10 episodes... already half way and there is still the 3 (possibly and hopefully demon lord) characters from the OP that has yet been introduced.
I doubt they'll introduce them all? From how it looks, they'll just stop after the second volume, since it seems volumes 3-5 are all one large arc. Lack of continuity unless they add in another season.
teenagercool
Astral Realm

Post by teenagercool »

HaHaHa. It seems like someone posted my question that Jin got a harem in http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... 10&page=11 funny thing is that is where I heard about the harem thing in the first. Oh well it seem like a fun topic in the first place.
EnigmaticAxiom
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EnigmaticAxiom »

I was the one that posted that. What was annoying me was that random people kept asking about some silly harem in a light novel where romance is not a huge issue, and it's now spreading to other forums. You get one or two people asking a question like that, and then suddenly it keeps popping up.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

yeokso wrote:

Spoiler! :

All 3/4 of them will appear, as they are all in a single game, volume 2. So they will be introduced and you will see their game. Be prepared to crack your brains if you want to solve the mystery on your own. It is definitely possible with research, and you may act like Izayoi for once! But I would highly believe it is much easier just watching the anime/reading the novel.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Puiu
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by Puiu »

So from what i've read in this thread they basically did the same thing they did with ZnT, where they moved away from novels too much and replaced it with a crappy storyline.

Even so i really like the anime. This makes me really want to read the light novels.

Any word on a teaser being made for this?
EnigmaticAxiom
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EnigmaticAxiom »

Puiu wrote:So from what i've read in this thread they basically did the same thing they did with ZnT, where they moved away from novels too much and replaced it with a crappy storyline.

Even so i really like the anime. This makes me really want to read the light novels.

Any word on a teaser being made for this?
I never watched ZnT (for that matter, I didn't read much past a few volumes, since I didn't like it that much), but I wouldn't say they're moving too much away from the story. There are some things they did that, while I'm unhappy about it happening, I can still understand why, it's just that I feel they could have done things better. I guess the best example I can think of is the Gift Game in the first episode. It serves no purpose and it doesn't actually clarify what a Gift Game is any better than what Kuro Usagi says. The changes they made in the Gift Game in ep 5 were also somewhat annoying. You just walking up to the enemy and attacking him seemed awkward (since they were trying to hide in the first place), and they didn't really need to change the Algol fight that much. The time they used having Izayoi grapple with Algol (in the novel, he overpowers Algol in an instant) and Shiro Yasha's commentary could have been used to clean the fight up. I don't even care much about the palace destruction, the rest of it just seemed relatively lame. To be honest, I wasn't too happy with the Gryphon Game, since it didn't really express how difficult the Game should have been (even getting to ride the Gryphon), but I can understand why the studio did what it did for the anime. I'm still watching the anime, but overall, it feels a little flat, as if it were dumbed down for an age group about 5 years younger than the novel is. Maybe it's the music.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

EnigmaticAxiom wrote:To be honest, I wasn't too happy with the Gryphon Game, since it didn't really express how difficult the Game should have been (even getting to ride the Gryphon), but I can understand why the studio did what it did for the anime.
Personally, I think the Gryphon Game deserves a little more credit in the anime. Even in the novel, most of the description were just lines. It is really hard to put it into anime form, without overly excessive speech to slowly describe all the conditions etc. Even though I do find how You came down a bit less interesting than in the novel, I think they did their best in the anime for that part.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
EnigmaticAxiom
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EnigmaticAxiom »

Yeah, I know what you mean. Honestly, I can't think of any other way they could have done that one otherwise. I guess, short of using up all 10 episodes for volume 1.
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

More than anything else, I blame the miniscule budget the show apparently has. I really wonder how funding is determined, particularly since animators are apparently paid jack squat.
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
Primus
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Primus »

I fully support Mondaiji being a future project.
itsukiya
Astral Realm

Post by itsukiya »

Golf wrote:If I posted a rough draft for a translation of volume 1 ch8, would anyone be interested in helping me correct my own translation errors?
I would.
sage
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sage »

Oh man, if this could be translated that'd be pretty awesome, considering the anime's going to end in about four weeks... It's only slated for 10 episodes, I hear? Not too sure about that.

I'd offer my editing skills if someone was willing to translate it! Also, thanks for the little blurbs from the LNs, ShadowZeroHeart.
Wawv
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wawv »

I hope this novel will be translated, i already really like the anime and if anyone says the light novel is way better I can't wait to see it !
gariam
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gariam »

you should all go comment and vote on http://sakurahonyaku.wordpress.com/
that way it might be translated

Return to “English”