Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru sou desu yo

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

magref
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru sou desu yo

Post by magref »

Vague_recollections wrote:Hey Magref, thank you so much for all your work, I've been enjoying the series for a while( though I was to lazy to join Baka Tsuki until now). I noticed in chapter you were considering asking for a translation to old english. For that phrase alone there are already issues. Old english and modern english are vastly different, mostly due to the fact that we borrowed from other languages. For example, Alliance is from an old French word, aliance. ( Also nobody would understand Middle english anyway, this phrase is pretty tame "We of se Aliance" [ because google doesn't understand what I'm asking for when i say a word for an alliance ] but it gets seriously irritating trying to understand old english, it is closer to german than english honestly since it was made by the norman king, after all.) On the other hand, if you like, I can manage middle english instead, ( though it is literally the same right here). Anyway let me know, I certainly have enough time right now.
Yea thank you, I think that works. 'We of se Aliance'. But either way, I will have to add the note just in case others do not catch the change in speech and will have to look through all of Graiya's speeches to change them as well... oh well, I guess it will be some time before the changes are made. Fortunately, Graiya doesn't talk much/isn't one of the main characters...
Void Undead Spectator who likes Percher.
My Translation names and terminologies
Volumes taken up: 3,4,5,6
octapusxft
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

I randomly checked the series page and did not expected to see this many chapters translated, I will dig in to them soon.

thanks for translating
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Spoiler! :
Noo, how could they not the Usagimimis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Screw the Demon Lord Alliance, get however is responsible and destroy them now.
magref

Post by magref »

“……Uso?" is the wrong word.... XD.... someone pointed it out to me on wordpress.
Near the ending of epilogue....

Needs to be edited to:
“……Sagi?” [magref notes: Sagi is the jap pronunciation that means fraud. Thanks to Trollhand for the correction. Anyways, Usagi is うさぎ just one character extra from the word of Fraud さぎ.]
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

Hi everyone! Went through a brief period of time where I guess I was excommunicated from the forums :cry:

Thanks to Misogi for helping me out. Anyway, I'm back so I'll get to doing my editor duties.
BT Wiki is same as my username! Please check out a Production Crew I'm part of @ Eta Carinae Productions!

Editor for Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Black Bullet, Mondaiji, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet, StB
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

magref wrote:“……Uso?" is the wrong word.... XD.... someone pointed it out to me on wordpress.
Near the ending of epilogue....

Needs to be edited to:
“……Sagi?” [magref notes: Sagi is the jap pronunciation that means fraud. Thanks to Trollhand for the correction. Anyways, Usagi is うさぎ just one character extra from the word of Fraud さぎ.]
ahhh... so that's why it doesn't make any sense.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

Oh... and just asking.. it should be sparkling wind right? not sparking.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
magref

Post by magref »

Rage_Ender wrote:Oh... and just asking.. it should be sparkling wind right? not sparking.
yes. feels bad for giving one word answer so I typed this unnecessary line behind XD.
If it's just a single question, just post on my wordpress edits page. :p
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

anyway.... I think I should ask this directly at the mondaiji page but whatevs... So, are we sticking with Pest or Percher?
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

Rage_Ender wrote:anyway.... I think I should ask this directly at the mondaiji page but whatevs... So, are we sticking with Pest or Percher?
It's Pest. I was planning on doing the edits a couple days ago but got caught up with work and hang outs. :oops:

So Percher will be Pest in all the chapters to maintain consistency. Also, can anyone explain to me this converting Full text to PDF? I've been told you can do it from the wiki itself but I have no clue how that is possible :?:
BT Wiki is same as my username! Please check out a Production Crew I'm part of @ Eta Carinae Productions!

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

BionicMeerkat wrote:Also, can anyone explain to me this converting Full text to PDF? I've been told you can do it from the wiki itself but I have no clue how that is possible :?:
If you go to the full text page, then on the sidebar, near the bottom, there'll be a collapsible selection of Print/export. If you expand that, one of the links within it is download as pdf. The formatting is not as nice as if someone takes the time to manually make a pdf though.
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

Cthaeh wrote:
BionicMeerkat wrote:Also, can anyone explain to me this converting Full text to PDF? I've been told you can do it from the wiki itself but I have no clue how that is possible :?:
If you go to the full text page, then on the sidebar, near the bottom, there'll be a collapsible selection of Print/export. If you expand that, one of the links within it is download as pdf. The formatting is not as nice as if someone takes the time to manually make a pdf though.
You are a legend Cthaeh! Thanks for the help. I appreciate it :mrgreen:

Whelp, back to work now

Talas
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Talas »

BionicMeerkat wrote:
Rage_Ender wrote:anyway.... I think I should ask this directly at the mondaiji page but whatevs... So, are we sticking with Pest or Percher?
It's Pest. I was planning on doing the edits a couple days ago but got caught up with work and hang outs. :oops:

So Percher will be Pest in all the chapters to maintain consistency. Also, can anyone explain to me this converting Full text to PDF? I've been told you can do it from the wiki itself but I have no clue how that is possible :?:

Shoudnt it be Percher we are sticking with Percher right? because otherwise we woudnt be consisten but we would net to change the last 6 volumes.

BTW whos translating right now. The naming in the new chapters needs some work.

Sorry for not showing my ugly head in the forums the last 3 month. Im kind of stuck in china right now and i cant open wordpress and the likes so i cant input any ideas before the chapter is published.

@ Magref volume 11 should be published next month as far as i know. You said it takes longer to be published in Singapore. Want me to send you a copy?
Give me something to read. If your not going to i'll have Wukong clobber you.
If you find Typos you can keep them. Be happy now you own typos. :)

I have found a [Giftcard] now im just waiting for my invitation to Little Garden.
magref

Post by magref »

i can't read jap... and ch versions would take some time after the first jap copy .... it's first round of translations for them after all. :p
Yeah, Percher to Pest would be a big project for the editors.
Currently doing edits on vol2, 7 will be doing the translations for 7 thereafter.
Well, currently placing projects as my priority as well.
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

Talas wrote:

Shoudnt it be Percher we are sticking with Percher right? because otherwise we woudnt be consisten but we would net to change the last 6 volumes.

BTW whos translating right now. The naming in the new chapters needs some work.

Sorry for not showing my ugly head in the forums the last 3 month. Im kind of stuck in china right now and i cant open wordpress and the likes so i cant input any ideas before the chapter is published.
magref wrote:i can't read jap... and ch versions would take some time after the first jap copy .... it's first round of translations for them after all. :p
Yeah, Percher to Pest would be a big project for the editors.
Currently doing edits on vol2, 7 will be doing the translations for 7 thereafter.
Well, currently placing projects as my priority as well.
Well this is what you told me Magref so I thought it was Percher -> Pest [hmmm I'm not sure... you might want to change all the names to conform right? I hereby allow you to do the Percher to Pest then :P muahahahaha, can't be bothered with the votings.... I like Percher but I guess yea... not too ethical for me to just change it on a whim..... but do note that all my other translations will still be using Percher... you guys will need to change it for me :lol: ]

Naming needs work? Hmmm I'll need some more info to work with if you don't mind. Gotta take notes so that way they don't occur as often.

Huge project but shouldn't be all that bad. Prob gonna aim for it to be done this weekend.

Return to “English”