Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru sou desu yo

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Firebird
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru sou desu yo

Post by Firebird »

I think I managed to rollback most of the changes, so the SS1 should be back as Vol.9. I probably missed something, if someone finds something like that please notify me/us here in the forum.

I also uploaded the Vol. 12 illustrations and set the correct chapter names, and created a new section for the Last Embryo series. The placement and wording of that section can be changed in the future if something is wrong with it.
Draconic
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Gekkou

Post by Draconic »

Hello, after a long time I started editing here and there again, and found something I'd like to discuss: Azi Dahaka.

So... I know that the author uses Azi Dakaha (アジ=ダカーハ), but we all know who it is. Should we keep the name used by the author, or use his real name? Also, what about using Aži Dahāka, since that is how it's officially written. (Also open to other variations, like Aži Dakāha or Aži Dakaha).

I've seen it written in a lot of ways in vol 5, and vol 8, so I would be glad if we could clear up his name.
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

Draconic wrote:Hello, after a long time I started editing here and there again, and found something I'd like to discuss: Azi Dahaka.

So... I know that the author uses Azi Dakaha (アジ=ダカーハ), but we all know who it is. Should we keep the name used by the author, or use his real name? Also, what about using Aži Dahāka, since that is how it's officially written. (Also open to other variations, like Aži Dakāha or Aži Dakaha).

I've seen it written in a lot of ways in vol 5, and vol 8, so I would be glad if we could clear up his name.
Regarding Volume 5, Magref left a note regarding why it's spelled as it is in that volume - Note: Sounds like Aži Dahāka. The author has written it as Aži Dakaha. It may be on purpose by the author to make that error. This note is in the Mandarin Translation.

I have no clue if there are any other notes similar to that in the Japanese, Russian, or Chinese text for the following volumes. I always figured it was due to religious reasons or something along those lines that they intentionally spell it in a certain way, such as the god or God and all that jazz.
BT Wiki is same as my username! Please check out a Production Crew I'm part of @ Eta Carinae Productions!

Editor for Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Black Bullet, Mondaiji, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet, StB
Rezel
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka, Mondaiji, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Post by Rezel »

Don`t thint that it`s autor mistake. And there`re also few names that writen wrong(if i recall correct there`s magrefnote near the Vinama Garuda\Garda).
Ru translator/editor for Mahouka and Mondaiji
BionicMeerkat
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BionicMeerkat »

Rezel wrote:Don`t thint that it`s autor mistake. And there`re also few names that writen wrong(if i recall correct there`s magrefnote near the Vinama Garuda\Garda).
Yeah there were a couple notes that magref left on volumes saying the names were written wrong or unsure if it was intentional. I have no clue if its the same across the texts, so someone checking on that would be very much appreciated.

Also, can someone try and see if their edits are being ignored for Volume 9 Chapter 4? I just made the edits to fix the nav bar and other stuff that for some reason didn't go through, yet it keeps on reverting. I have no clue why and I'm slowly losing my mind, especially since I want to hurry up and transfer the new chapter.

I think I got it to accept the edits this time, I have no clue why it was reverting earlier.
BT Wiki is same as my username! Please check out a Production Crew I'm part of @ Eta Carinae Productions!

Editor for Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Black Bullet, Mondaiji, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet, StB
Firebird
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Firebird »

At first I also thought it was a mistake or something akin to that, but besides Azi Dahaka (アジ=ダハーカ) -> Azi Dakaha(アジ=ダカーハ), there is Amalthea (アマルテイア) -> Almathea(アルマティア). At this point i think, it is safe to say that these changes were fully intended by the author as his own spin on things.
Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

@ Firebird and BionicMeerkat
Many thanks to both of you for your understanding AND the time you spent to change things again. I truly appreciate the fact that you were completely open to the discussion on that matter from start to finish, thumbs up.
Draconic
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Gekkou

Post by Draconic »

I agree that it was intentional from the author, but that doesn't change the fact that both are used. Sometimes within a few lines of each other (vol 5 prologue). So I would really like to come to an agreement, and change all of them to the same. Since we used Almathea, probably it should be Azi Dakaha (or some form of it with special characters)
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

I don't know why, but I'm hyped by this new vol of 2nd arc more than new volume of Index... and more and more people are asking me to translate this into my language. Someone even suggested that I should drop Altina for this (blasphemy, I should never drop series about my waifu Clarisse)... So yeah, hype is real.

@magref, Firebird
Just to check, I still have permission to translate this? I remember asking about this in this topic, but don't remember who answered :P

Edit:
Ok, I found it. It was magref https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewt ... 80#p245505
Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

To be frank, there is nothing hyping me less than a new volume of Index NT lately. I've gone through so many disappointment lately with that author... Last time I ordered, I ordered every single new volumes from the series I follow (including mondaiji 12, that I received with the remaining part of my order last Monday, it's currently on my desk with the other new volumes x3 ), except for Index NT 12. I hesitated in clicking in the add to cart button... and then didn't, couldn't find of the slightest bit of interest/motivation for that new volume. But enough talk about Index from me here~

But yeah, this new series sounds promising. It looks to me like the author is wishing to be free of some of the stuff he made at first that were hindering him, in order to make it better as a whole. That author's way to write and storytelling has really became better after a few volumes (to think I was about to drop this series after the second volume... glad I didn't and tried to go a little farther), so I'm very curious about what he's going to do now.
Rezel
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka, Mondaiji, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Post by Rezel »

May 29 nico-nico will broadcast sneaker bunko`s show. There`ll be Embyo`s illustrator Momoko-sensei, and illustrator of 「このすば」(I dont really know how to translate this title name...). And also Tatsunoko Taro-sensei.

Dunno there`ll be some illustrations from new vol and some info.
Ru translator/editor for Mahouka and Mondaiji
Firebird
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Firebird »

Draconic wrote:I agree that it was intentional from the author, but that doesn't change the fact that both are used. Sometimes within a few lines of each other (vol 5 prologue). So I would really like to come to an agreement, and change all of them to the same. Since we used Almathea, probably it should be Azi Dakaha (or some form of it with special characters)
Yes the Azi Dakaha one should be used uniformly.

About the special characters I don't have a strong preference, but in my opinion it should be written as the Aži Dakāha form.
TearWhenIPoop
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TearWhenIPoop »

This is not only about translation but also about discussing Mondaiji-tachi series right?
In that case how about the new "arc"? I have used the mighty power of google translate to translate the description of the volume.
I don't know if this is considered as spoilery or not but just in case
Spoiler! :
Here's what i found :
“少し”特殊な力を持った少年少女の集う カナリアファミリーホームで暮らす西郷焔、 彩里鈴華、久藤彩鳥。三人はある日突然、 異世界に召喚され、現実世界をも巻き込む神魔の遊戯・ギフトゲームに巻き込まれ!?
Which translates to (Google translate not too perfect but good enough to understand):
"Little" Saigou live in canary family home gather the boys and girls that has a special power flame, Saisato Suzuka, Hisafuji Cytori. The three people one day suddenly, it is summoned to another world, caught in the play-gift game of God magic involving also the real world! ?

Now what first drew my attention was the names of the characters, SAIGOU and SUZUKA
These 2 names are Izayoi's foster brother and his foster sister. I don't know if Suzuka is the same one in the new arc since the foster sister is named Ayazato Suzuka
But Saigou, his full name is Saigou Homura. HOMURA the guy who made Izayoi's headphones (He's most likely 99% the guy with the cool evolved headphones at the left)
https://baka-tsuki.org/project/images/d ... 2_p101.png

After checking the names and stuff i just realized ""Little" Saigou live in canary family home gather the boys and girls that has a special power flame"
That is Canaria's foster home for kids with "special" abilities. Seeing as they(Or maybe only Homura since i'm not sure about Suzuka) grew up, they probably were summoned about 4-7 years after Izayoi's disappearance. Then again i'm not sure if they came from the same world that Izayoi left or from a parallel world jazz.
But this is pretty exciting news, will they talk about what happened after Izayoi's left? What is Homura's true ability? (Izayoi said that he can make anything technical that he decomposed but seeing as he is summoned to the Little Garden, he has to have some cool things up his sleeves right?) Did Suzuka achieve D-cup? Also the most important thing, WILL-IZAYOI-GET-A-NEW-HEADPHONES????

What do you guys think about this?
Rekirio
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: PLEASE DON'T ASK QUESTIONS LIKE THIS. THIS IS VERY HARD TO ANSWER.

Post by Rekirio »

TearWhenIPoop wrote:
Spoiler! :
Also the most important thing, WILL-IZAYOI-GET-A-NEW-HEADPHONES????
Lol the Hype is Real :lol:
Kaarme
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kaarme »

Aha, the SS volume is all finished, so we are getting back to the real deal!

Jolly good work, translation team!

Return to “English”