Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari [Light Novel]

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Want to see Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari translated?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Not Sure
No votes

Total votes: 485

mystichead
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari [Light Novel]

Post by mystichead »

wait what happened to the side story elements
i noticed they were there yesterday, is the project not covering them anymore?

btw, great job guys! cant wait for the rest of vol1 to finish and to start the next 1
interests(In Order respectively):
Science, biases, girls, stories,anime/manga/novels, games, hard sciences, social sciences, psuedoscience, statistics, historical accuracy, myself, girls,statistics, gender/racial/group portrayal, Warhammer40k, boxing, biking, exercising, MYSELF,GIRLS & SCIENCE
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

mystichead wrote:wait what happened to the side story elements
i noticed they were there yesterday, is the project not covering them anymore?

btw, great job guys! cant wait for the rest of vol1 to finish and to start the next 1

THe project team has decided to follow the examples of the Mushoku Tensei web novel project in the reorganization of the chapters and volumes to clearly define the differences of source material of the original web novel and published edition.

The Side story as i believe are a published only specials, (please correct me if i'm wrong).

However, the reorganization is still in progress so the side story may reappear depending on the final layout.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
DarkeKyuubi
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: So many but here's a few: Gekkou, Toradora, Cube x Cursed x Curious

Post by DarkeKyuubi »

seymour_angel89 wrote:One more question: Should be novel be written in American English or British English?

Of course, I can always look back to the novel to find that out, but it is always better to double-check to make sure everyone is on the same page. ^_^
By default American English. You might want to take a look at this: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... onventions
DarkeKyuubi
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: So many but here's a few: Gekkou, Toradora, Cube x Cursed x Curious

Post by DarkeKyuubi »

seymour_angel89 wrote:Noted, Soraya.

Present tense, it is!
One thing before changing it to present tense you might want to contact Alpaca first since s/he is the project manager and primary translator. This can be done by posting on their talk page on baka-tsuki
ZzzSleepzz
Astral Realm

Post by ZzzSleepzz »

Just created an account and came here to simply say

Thank you for the translation of this novel <3
Light novels are always better then manga versions [the manga always seems to miss some small stuff that]

Looking forward to future updates. And sorry that i cant be of any help. i only know one language!

Thank you again xD
Soraya21
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Soraya21 »

DarkeKyuubi wrote:@Soraya21 - I'm soweeeee, I'm at school now and I'm quite busy but I do try to get the odd edit in.
It's all good, Dark. The fact that your busy just means your leading a fulfilling normalfag life~

As for me... Hahaa, well it can get depressing so let's not get into that :wink:
seymour_angel89 wrote:Noted, Soraya.

Present tense, it is!

And yup, following your advice, I already registered for a Baka Tsuki account. ;) No commitments from my side, but since you guys will be seeing me around from time to time, it would only be proper for me to get an account for accountability purposes. :p
That's good, Seymour :) But like what Dark said earlier, just run the idea by Alpa first before starting the editing purge just to make sure.
PDF_Reader622
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: My Maid is a Formless Entity

Post by PDF_Reader622 »

More chapters from Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/u/Bakahou
Alpaca
Project Translator

Post by Alpaca »

I don't mind about the change from past tense-> present tense (since my grammar sucks to begin with. Engineers rule the world, no written papers guhehehe). I just want to make sure what the general consensus wants (present or past tense).

BTW, if anyone can contact those certain anon translations on pastebin and tell them to just register or something then that will make my day. I don't think anyone will be much motivated to translate (I know I don't) knowing that people might just randomly throw a translation out there for the same chapter and ended up double translating that one chapter(or many); I would also like to properly credit these folks for their work.

Anyway, I just want to make sure that most, if not everyone, want to change the format to present form.
DarkeKyuubi
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by DarkeKyuubi »

Alpaca wrote:I don't mind about the change from past tense-> present tense (since my grammar sucks to begin with. Engineers rule the world, no written papers guhehehe). I just want to make sure what the general consensus wants (present or past tense).

BTW, if anyone can contact those certain anon translations on pastebin and tell them to just register or something then that will make my day. I don't think anyone will be much motivated to translate (I know I don't) knowing that people might just randomly throw a translation out there for the same chapter and ended up double translating that one chapter(or many); I would also like to properly credit these folks for their work.

Anyway, I just want to make sure that most, if not everyone, want to change the format to present form.
Who was Lady Godiva? XD
Cryum
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

Alpaca wrote:I don't mind about the change from past tense-> present tense (since my grammar sucks to begin with. Engineers rule the world, no written papers guhehehe). I just want to make sure what the general consensus wants (present or past tense).

There's 2 or 3 people translating anonymously, and I doubt they have a "planned" list of chapters to translate, with a couple of TL overlap already present. Yours are still better, though. You can at least rest assured for volume 1: It's already been covered on the manga TLs.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Alpaca
Project Translator

Post by Alpaca »

DarkeKyuubi wrote:Who was Lady Godiva? XD
Alright, let us sing Godiva Hymn!

Anyway, it's not about the quality or anything, I just want to know who's planning on doing what.
seymour_angel89
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
SAO (Sword Art Online)
Maoyuu Maoh Yuusha
Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Post by seymour_angel89 »

If that's the case, then you'll have to count me out from the consensus, Alpaca, since I have no knowledge in understanding the original raw content to make an accurate decision over this matter.

Am just basing on Soraya's suggestion:
Soraya21 wrote:I think it's better if the entire novel were simply written in present tense form, since Naofumi is the type of narrator who likes talking to himself and make declarative statements inside his head sometimes.
As for the
Soraya21 wrote:editing purge
...No. What I have in mind is not even near to a "purge". "Scrubbing with a toothbrush" would be more accurate for my case.

Certainly, I will be helping out - but only on an informal, leisurely basis. Am still an underpaid and pressed-for-time freelance writer and poet in real life. :p
DarkeKyuubi
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by DarkeKyuubi »

Alpaca wrote: Alright, let us sing Godiva Hymn!
I'll just say one of my favourite parts.
A maiden and an engineer were sitting in a park.
The engineer was doing research after dark.
His scientific method was a marvel to observe.
While his right hand wrote the figures, his left hand traced the curves.

Okay back to work. At this point I'm more in favour of just italicizing Naofumi's thoughts since it would be the least work while still differentiating between the narration and his thoughts.
Soraya21
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Soraya21 »

seymour_angel89 wrote:As for the
Soraya21 wrote:editing purge
...No. What I have in mind is not even near to a "purge". "Scrubbing with a toothbrush" would be more accurate for my case.

Certainly, I will be helping out - but only on an informal, leisurely basis. Am still an underpaid and pressed-for-time freelance writer and poet in real life. :p
Hahaa yeah, didn't mean for it to sound as harsh as it did. Informal and leisurely is perfectly fine if you ever decide to make the effort.

And I second Dark's motion of italicizing Naofumi's actual thought statements, since it's a nice and clean why of differentiating it from the rest of the narrative.
OhHaiThar
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OhHaiThar »

Translation's moving so fast I don't even have time to catch up, thank you guys again so much for the translation. Manga's definitely good but the novel really puts in all the details we need to hear.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”